What's better: 2 reg batteries or 1 extended?

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
If I would be sometimes using regular, and sometimes extended, would the battery meter get all confused?

Is it better to just sticking with regular batteries, and swapping if necessary?

Any other general thoughts on S3 batteries: regular vs. extended?

thx
Mike

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
must admit id never thought about how an extended battery would affect the battery level calibration mate... id guess youd have to re-calibrate it for use with the big battery?
personaly id rather have a nice slim phone in my left pocket and a spare battery in the right with my keys+coins

x081967

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I love having multiple batteries (with a separate battery charger). My phone is almost never plugged into the wall. I just swap batteries and put the discharged battery into the separate battery charger.

ronmc1954

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have both OEM battery and an extended (4500mAh). I love the extended battery, at the end of the day I have 50% life left. I think the battery guage reads the charge in the battery so it does not make a difference what battery you have, the guage is right.
The only thing I don't like about extended batteries, case selection VERY slim. Until they make cases for extended batteries I have to go bare phone or use the OEM battery which I have a case that will fit.

Ron

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Do be careful of battery contacts with keys and coins. Don't start a pocket fire :)

lol this is one of those "dragons den" moments (does the US do a version of the show? basicly its people with a business idea or invention asking four multi-millionaires (dragons) to invest in their idea) rubber battery caps to cover the contacts and prevent unwanted testicle incineration ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I love having multiple batteries (with a separate battery charger). My phone is almost never plugged into the wall. I just swap batteries and put the discharged battery into the separate battery charger.

when i had my Zte Blade phone, i had bricked one, it wouldnt boot but still charged batterys for the new one :) might brick my s3 just to use as a charger :p

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My ideal extended battery is around 2700 mah. Last me throughout the day. Other than that. I'd get a battery extender case or an extra battery

But as for... Keys and batteries. All along I've been trying to find a case with a spot for a second battery when all along I should've been looking for a keychain extended battery holster.

Just looked. Couldn't find one but this would be ideal. Secure my battery. Free up my pockets. Give my keys company.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
My ideal extended battery is around 2700 mah. Last me throughout the day. Other than that. I'd get a battery extender case or an extra battery

But as for... Keys and batteries. All along I've been trying to find a case with a spot for a second battery when all along I should've been looking for a keychain extended battery holster.

Just looked. Couldn't find one but this would be ideal. Secure my battery. Free up my pockets. Give my keys company.

lol mate theres your "dragons den idea" :) its people who have simple ideas like that AND FOLLOW THEM THROUGH who end up rich ;) me, im a lazy bastard :)

mdcraig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Just as an fyi, be careful when with replacement batteries. The stock battery, and the Samsung replacement batteries have NFC built into them. I don't believe 3rd party brands do. If you use the NFC at all, make sure to check that out first.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick question has Samsung released an official extended battery yet or are we discussing the fake Chinese ones????

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

mdcraig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, Samsung just has the standard 2100mA battery to buy. If you want a larger one you'd have to get a Hyperion or something.

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Just as an fyi, be careful when with replacement batteries. The stock battery, and the Samsung replacement batteries have NFC built into them. I don't believe 3rd party brands do. If you use the NFC at all, make sure to check that out first.

The Qcell batteries I got a few weeks ago have NFC and work the same as the OEM. They were the only aftermarket battery with NFC at the time, but I believe some of the others (maybe Anker, Hyperion?) are producing NFC batteries now.

To the OP, I would get a pair of replacement batteries w/charger, that is what I did, I always have at least one charged battery nearby/in a pocket. You don't need to avoid all the accessories/cases built for these phones, and you can essentially always have an extra charged battery available.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The Qcell batteries I got a few weeks ago have NFC and work the same as the OEM. They were the only aftermarket battery with NFC at the time, but I believe some of the others (maybe Anker, Hyperion?) are producing NFC batteries now.

To the OP, I would get a pair of replacement batteries w/charger, that is what I did, I always have at least one charged battery nearby/in a pocket. You don't need to avoid all the accessories/cases built for these phones, and you can essentially always have an extra charged battery available.
I also got two qcell with a charger from amazon for 25 bucks best thing I did. Pop it in instant 100 awesome stream music all day

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
lol mate theres your "dragons den idea" :) its people who have simple ideas like that AND FOLLOW THEM THROUGH who end up rich ;) me, im a lazy bastard :)

Haha. I actually write all my ideas down but based on my age and financial situation I can't do much. Lol

And there are 3500 mah seidio batteries coming out if you want a reliable extended battery. I don't trust those cheap Chinese batteries.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
2 regs.... Keep the phone sexy... Take 20 secs and swap the battery... Personally don't like the bulk

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the Hyperion 4000 mAh without a case (very happy with it: $15) and the stock one with a case. I am super careful with my phones (knock on wood).

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Haha. I actually write all my ideas down but based on my age and financial situation I can't do much. Lol

And there are 3500 mah seidio batteries coming out if you want a reliable extended battery. I don't trust those cheap Chinese batteries.

writing down ur ideas is a step further than me mate :) no1 believes this when i tell them but when i was a kid i thought of car brakes that use dynamo's to generate electricity instead of turning the kinetic energy into heat and wasting it then years later trains started using it and then cars lol :( i get ideas all the time then forget them when i sober up :) i think everyone is an inventor but some people have the motivation to do something with it. im basicly a bum :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01