This brightness slider "appeared" about 2 weeks ago on my Sprint SGS3 and it is very handy. It displays when I slide down to view the notifications.

The only two things I can think of that might have added it are the recent software update or I installed Power Widget Lite on my system. In any event, I want to add this to my wife's phone but I have no idea where it came from to add it. Has anyone else seen this and can tell me what to do to put it on my wife's phone.

Thanks
    08-02-2012 01:18 PM
    I wish my AT&T had this.
    08-02-2012 01:20 PM
    This slider is part of the latest update for the SGS3... it started on the international version and will make it's way to other North American phones.
    08-02-2012 01:26 PM
    I'm jealous. I want that on my Verizon version!
    08-02-2012 02:02 PM
    How often do you really need to adjust your brightness? It looks like it would just clutter up the notification screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    08-02-2012 02:25 PM
    as my man Crester says it came a couple of updates ago. it also adds ringer toggles to the pop-up when u hold down power button
    08-02-2012 02:30 PM
    How often do you really need to adjust your brightness? It looks like it would just clutter up the notification screen.

nah mate its really handy if you dont like using auto-brightnes. when you step outside into the sunshine u can just swipe it up to max. its a big +1 for touchwiz IMO
    08-02-2012 02:31 PM
    Auto-brightness is the first thing you should shut off on the S3 (makes the screen way too dim.) I can see this slider coming in handy if you're trying to conserve the battery since the screen is the biggest battery drain. Otherwise I don't find myself messing with the brightness throughout the day (I leave it at around 70%).
    08-02-2012 02:49 PM
    Auto-brightness is the first thing you should shut off on the S3 (makes the screen way too dim.) I can see this slider coming in handy if you're trying to conserve the battery since the screen is the biggest battery drain. Otherwise I don't find myself messing with the brightness throughout the day (I leave it at around 70%).
    do you live in a really sunny place mate? my brightness is usualy at around 5% and i have bad eyes
    08-02-2012 04:32 PM
    08-02-2012 04:34 PM
    do you live in a really sunny place mate? my brightness is usualy at around 5% and i have bad eyes
    I keep my brightness all the way down. There's no need to have it up other than in the sun. Well not for me at least. 20/20, young, brilliant screen is enough to see everything. I've gotten so accustomed to my brightness being ask the way down I actually forgot until I got the update with the brightness setting in the notification bar. Which I love btw
    08-02-2012 05:52 PM
    yeah man the screen looks a lot better at low brightness the contrast is so sharp from the LED that u dont need to pump it full of electricity
    08-02-2012 06:08 PM
    I live near the beach so I usually keep it @ 100%. Hard to see the phone when sitting at the beach. Although most of the time I am busy checking out the "chickies" and not my phone. Life is rough
    08-02-2012 06:20 PM
    I live near the beach so I usually keep it @ 100%. Hard to see the phone when sitting at the beach. Although most of the time I am busy checking out the "chickies" and not my phone. Life is rough
    yeah sounds real rough mate well its now the 2nd of august here in scotland and we'v had like one solid week of sunshine back in like april lol. not that im jealous
    08-02-2012 06:48 PM
    I haven't gotten any updates from ATT yet...

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~
    08-02-2012 11:32 PM
    I wish my s3 had that setting....

08-03-2012 01:02 AM
    I'm on sprint and I haven't received an update with it yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    08-03-2012 01:16 AM
    I'm on Sprint as well and haven't seen that update yet. I guess they are pushing it out to certain parts of the country first or something.
    08-05-2012 01:29 AM
    I just received the update yesterday morning when I woke up it was there for me to download and install.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    08-05-2012 01:48 AM
    I'm on Sprint as well and haven't seen that update yet. I guess they are pushing it out to certain parts of the country first or something.
    I am on Sprint and my phone has had the update about a week but it is still not available on my wife's phone even when I tell the phone to check for it.
    08-05-2012 12:10 PM
    If you can't wait for it in an update , try "Display Brightness" in the play store. I've installed it , free , no ads and it's pretty simple and slick. It's transparent on your screen. You can adjust color , transparency , thickness of the bar and where you want to locate it on the screen.
    08-07-2012 12:46 AM
    If you can't wait for it in an update , try "Display Brightness" in the play store. I've installed it , free , no ads and it's pretty simple and slick. It's transparent on your screen. You can adjust color , transparency , thickness of the bar and where you want to locate it on the screen.
    I've tried that app. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work on my phone. The only way I can adjust the brightness is to dig through the settings menu.

I've also tried other widgets with no luck. The widget shows the setting has been changed, but the brightness doesn't change and the setting in the settings menu doesn't change either.
    08-08-2012 02:21 PM
    I am on Sprint and my phone has had the update about a week but it is still not available on my wife's phone even when I tell the phone to check for it.
    FYI They finally pushed the update to the wife's phone last night and the slider is now there and works.
    08-08-2012 02:28 PM
    in the UK i think we'v had another two updates since the slider one. the next one "accidently" removed local (universal) search, the next one put it back lol
    08-08-2012 03:00 PM