Mystery Brightness Slider

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This brightness slider "appeared" about 2 weeks ago on my Sprint SGS3 and it is very handy. It displays when I slide down to view the notifications.

Brightness%20Slider.png

The only two things I can think of that might have added it are the recent software update or I installed Power Widget Lite on my system. In any event, I want to add this to my wife's phone but I have no idea where it came from to add it. Has anyone else seen this and can tell me what to do to put it on my wife's phone.

Thanks

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
This slider is part of the latest update for the SGS3... it started on the international version and will make it's way to other North American phones.

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
How often do you really need to adjust your brightness? It looks like it would just clutter up the notification screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
as my man Crester says it came a couple of updates ago. it also adds ringer toggles to the pop-up when u hold down power button ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
How often do you really need to adjust your brightness? It looks like it would just clutter up the notification screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

nah mate its really handy if you dont like using auto-brightnes. when you step outside into the sunshine u can just swipe it up to max. its a big +1 for touchwiz IMO :)

Dunbar42

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Auto-brightness is the first thing you should shut off on the S3 (makes the screen way too dim.) I can see this slider coming in handy if you're trying to conserve the battery since the screen is the biggest battery drain. Otherwise I don't find myself messing with the brightness throughout the day (I leave it at around 70%).

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Auto-brightness is the first thing you should shut off on the S3 (makes the screen way too dim.) I can see this slider coming in handy if you're trying to conserve the battery since the screen is the biggest battery drain. Otherwise I don't find myself messing with the brightness throughout the day (I leave it at around 70%).

do you live in a really sunny place mate? my brightness is usualy at around 5% and i have bad eyes

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
do you live in a really sunny place mate? my brightness is usualy at around 5% and i have bad eyes

I keep my brightness all the way down. There's no need to have it up other than in the sun. Well not for me at least. 20/20, young, brilliant screen is enough to see everything. I've gotten so accustomed to my brightness being ask the way down I actually forgot until I got the update with the brightness setting in the notification bar. Which I love btw

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah man the screen looks a lot better at low brightness :) the contrast is so sharp from the LED that u dont need to pump it full of electricity

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

I live near the beach so I usually keep it @ 100%. Hard to see the phone when sitting at the beach. Although most of the time I am busy checking out the "chickies" and not my phone. Life is rough :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I live near the beach so I usually keep it @ 100%. Hard to see the phone when sitting at the beach. Although most of the time I am busy checking out the "chickies" and not my phone. Life is rough :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

yeah sounds real rough mate :p well its now the 2nd of august here in scotland and we'v had like one solid week of sunshine back in like april lol. not that im jealous :p

_OMEGA_

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Sprint as well and haven't seen that update yet. I guess they are pushing it out to certain parts of the country first or something. :-\

Tha Capn

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I just received the update yesterday morning when I woke up it was there for me to download and install.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Sprint as well and haven't seen that update yet. I guess they are pushing it out to certain parts of the country first or something. :-\

I am on Sprint and my phone has had the update about a week but it is still not available on my wife's phone even when I tell the phone to check for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers