12-25-2012 11:52 AM
76 1234
tools
    Rdio. I've been a subscriber for over a year and love it!
    08-02-2012 09:40 PM
    Real player beta and Google music
    I like real player beta because it has the controls on the lock screen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    08-02-2012 10:19 PM
    right now im using 2 power amp and player pro.

i like both because i can select folders so i have my audio books playing in one and my music in the other that way i can shuffle my music with out shuffling to audio books and i also dont have to loose my place in the book when i want to listen to music so that is my set up

good night
    08-02-2012 10:21 PM
    right now im using 2 power amp and player pro.

i like both because i can select folders so i have my audio books playing in one and my music in the other that way i can shuffle my music with out shuffling to audio books and i also dont have to loose my place in the book when i want to listen to music so that is my set up

good night
    which player do u use for audio books and which for music?
    08-02-2012 10:27 PM
    After about a years use if MixZing to Poweramp. I love the interface and GUI. One of the most visually appearing apps I have ever used. The built-in EQ is actually useful. I love the lock screen widget.

When playing tracks, the background of the GUI in Poweramp changes to match the color on the album cover. Very slick.
    08-02-2012 10:32 PM
    Google music or N7 player for me.

Ian B
    sor69l likes this.
    08-02-2012 11:41 PM
    PowerAmp was the app that made me link my card to my google account and actualy PAY for an app because its SO good and none of my usual illegal ways of obtaining free apps would work so trust me when i say that PowerAmp is the best! what skin is everyone usin on PowerAmp? i got a few payed for ones but the skin im using was free i think... cant remember the name but its really black with like neon red trim
    I'm using the ICS theme..

08-02-2012 11:42 PM
    08-02-2012 11:54 PM
    The only problem with power amp is that since it's not default, you can't use gestures like palm or turn over to mute. That and if you click on a music file you searched for with universal search, there's no way to get it to play through power amp.

Edit : I think it would be sweet if poweramp made a desktop application. It would completely replace iTunes and make syncing totally painless.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    A cloud/desktop power service would just crush everything..... Smh...I wish they could just tap in my google profile and I'd be on cloud 9

dmmattix likes this.
    08-03-2012 12:15 AM
    I like Maple Mp3 Player. It has great EQ, speed and repeat functions. Good for when I'm trying to learn new songs! It's a relatively new player. It's not as developed and polished as PowerAmp but the dev is working hard on it and he is very responsive to emails and feature requests.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ioplayer&hl=en
    08-03-2012 12:26 AM
    PowerAMP ftw!
    08-03-2012 12:33 AM
    Just switched to Player Pro a few days ago and love it...I was using Google music, but I kept on having issues where the album art would disapear, and the length of the track would go blank. For example it would switch from 4:30 to just -:--.
    08-03-2012 12:34 AM
    With Google Music, you'd need a connection all the time, no?

I'm using the default app for now, but may have to look into something else. I need to convert some of my iTunes song to remove DRM or something. I'm a bit pissed that I'm so 'deep' into the Apple ecosystem!
    08-03-2012 07:10 AM
    With Google Music, you'd need a connection all the time, no?

I'm using the default app for now, but may have to look into something else. I need to convert some of my iTunes song to remove DRM or something. I'm a bit pissed that I'm so 'deep' into the Apple ecosystem!
    I think you can designate certain songs to be available offline, the way you can with Google books or Google drive. Then you can hear them anywhere even without connection.

08-03-2012 07:20 AM
    I think you can designate certain songs to be available offline, the way you can with Google books or Google drive. Then you can hear them anywhere even without connection.

Yes. For any music loaded on google servers, you can select to make those available off line. They will then download and store locally on your phone so they are available when no service is on.

Also, any music you manually load onto the phone (either on the phone or on the SD card) will show up in Google Music and be available even when not hooked up to the web.

-Suntan
    08-03-2012 07:55 AM
    Google Music. I might try out power amp for the songs stored on my sd card. I just love having all 40gb's of my music at my disposal with Google Music. My only gripe is the streaming on 3g sucks. I don't have 4glte in my area yet but once I do Google Music will be the ultimate.
    08-03-2012 08:30 AM
    So many Power Amp fans...no love for PlayerPro? Been using it for over a year. It has pretty much everything I can ask for and then some. Tagging, equalizer, automatic artist and album artwork retrieval, artist info, skins, folder view, playlist support (although it doesn't work with foreign artists), and more stuff that I don't remember.
    08-03-2012 11:42 AM
    I've been using DoubleTwist a lot. Mainly I got it to sync music with ITunes, which it does pretty well, including bringing over the playlists. I think I had to pay extra to get the ability to sync music wirelessly. My S3 doesn't play nice when plugged in the the USB to the computer, so wireless was the only option I could get to work. I think it also gave me the option of where to store the music - regular storage or SD card. That gave me the ability to move lots of music onto my card. Now, if I could only figure out a way to get my really old Itunes DRM protected files to play without paying Apple more money for music I already paid for!
    08-03-2012 11:47 AM
    I've been using DoubleTwist a lot. Mainly I got it to sync music with ITunes, which it does pretty well, including bringing over the playlists. I think I had to pay extra to get the ability to sync music wirelessly. My S3 doesn't play nice when plugged in the the USB to the computer, so wireless was the only option I could get to work. I think it also gave me the option of where to store the music - regular storage or SD card. That gave me the ability to move lots of music onto my card. Now, if I could only figure out a way to get my really old Itunes DRM protected files to play without paying Apple more money for music I already paid for!
    I was looking at doubletwist before, but since it didn't work over wired connection I didn't try it. I didn't want to pay for an app before trying it out.

08-03-2012 01:51 PM
    Just found out that Google Voice search can open music in PowerAmp. But it won't start playing the song right away it'll take you to the poweramp search screen and show you the results.
    08-03-2012 05:21 PM
    I was looking at doubletwist before, but since it didn't work over wired connection I didn't try it. I didn't want to pay for an app before trying it out.

I've been pretty happy with the paid version. I even paid extra to get Podcasts. The sync worked well too. Now I have all my Itunes music on my card and I think other programs can access it as well, although I have noticed some missing information when using the stock music player, as others have pointed out.
    08-03-2012 05:23 PM
    I like Google Music only because I can listen to my music that is stored in the cloud.

For the 25 Gigs of music that are stored on my phone (for when I'm in the air), I liked the stock player until I figured out how hard it was to go back to my music folder while an album was currently playing. Recently, I switched to PowerAmp and I like it so far (still in the trial version)...but I like the navigation and I really like all of the settings I can mess with!
    08-03-2012 09:48 PM
    Yet ANOTHER POWER AMP junkie right HERE! Been using POWER AMP for quite some time. I've tried a few others......"uninstalled"!!! And I believe someone mentioned in an earlier posting but I will say it again anyway. The ear buds sound GREAT listening to Power Amp via my GS3.
    the1m.polo likes this.
    08-04-2012 08:46 AM
    Google music for my saved mp3's on my sd card. But I mostly just listen to spotify, it's just such a great application I hardly ever, ever use Google Music anymore

08-04-2012 09:09 AM
    Sensor Music Player for when I am driving and have it hooked up to the stereo.

Only reason: wave your hand in front of the phone to change tracks. No looking at the phone or having to touch any buttons. I just create my driving playlist and start it before I put her into drive.

For regular office and home listening PowerAmp has no equal.
    Thanks for the tip of Sensor Music Player. I play music on shuffle alot, and am always worried about skipping to the next track while driving (don't want to be distracted). Tried this out last night, and worked beautifully! Thanks alot for the recomendation, had never heard of this app before, but loving it!
    08-04-2012 09:32 AM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD