What Music Player are you Rollin with on ya GS3

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The native GS3 music player is nice but it doesn't read tags too well for me... I have the same albums broken all up... I hate that!!!!! .... Google Music is what I use for my cloud stored songs (typically not my ever day music) ... But my daily driver... My 1st love... is "Power Amp" and for some reason it's just sooooo butter on this phone... I've had Power Amp on my Dinc,T-bolt, & Razr but on this phone its on a whole different level... Options look better, lock screen works better, task bar is better... Butter!!!

So what you Rollin wit? Let me know and why

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Also using power amp. I hate the stock music player because it's terrible at reading tags, doesn't let you edit tag data, lacks lock screen controls, looks boring and makes it difficult to go from now playing to full song list. Music squares doesn't even work since I keep my music on my external sd card.

I tested player pro for a while and really enjoyed it. I think it looks even better than power amp, and it lets you edit data for multiple items at once which is a bonus. But it wasn't as good at reading tags, and gave me some duplicate/split albums, some of which I was strangely unable to edit or would persist despite editing. I'd still recommend giving it a try, it's got a 7 day trial.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
The only problem with power amp is that since it's not default, you can't use gestures like palm or turn over to mute. That and if you click on a music file you searched for with universal search, there's no way to get it to play through power amp.

Edit : I think it would be sweet if poweramp made a desktop application. It would completely replace iTunes and make syncing totally painless.

Reactions: the1m.polo

Waipio11

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I like the
Customizable EQ features in Power Amp. Wish it did a better job of multiple item tag editing though.

Sent from my ridiculously cool Samsung Galaxy SIII

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
Sensor Music Player for when I am driving and have it hooked up to the stereo.

Only reason: wave your hand in front of the phone to change tracks. No looking at the phone or having to touch any buttons. I just create my driving playlist and start it before I put her into drive.

For regular office and home listening PowerAmp has no equal.

Reactions: jj2339

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Sensor Music Player for when I am driving and have it hooked up to the stereo.

Only reason: wave your hand in front of the phone to change tracks. No looking at the phone or having to touch any buttons. I just create my driving playlist and start it before I put her into drive.

For regular office and home listening PowerAmp has no equal.

Sounds interesting!!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
How is Google Music? It's unavailable in Canada so I'm unable to use it.

Aww man. I love it. Stream your music, doesn't drain battery. Sync music from multiple computers (I have mine set up to my cousins iTunes. He has the same music taste and downloads anything i ask him to. So I just let him do all the work while I relax and sync music flawlessly to my Google music account.) Up to 25,000 songs. Save music for offline listening. Decent user interface. Listen to it on whatever device. I love it.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
PowerAmp was the app that made me link my card to my google account and actualy PAY for an app because its SO good and none of my usual illegal ways of obtaining free apps would work so trust me when i say that PowerAmp is the best! what skin is everyone usin on PowerAmp? i got a few payed for ones but the skin im using was free i think... cant remember the name but its really black with like neon red trim :)

Reactions: the1m.polo

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
The only problem with power amp is that since it's not default, you can't use gestures like palm or turn over to mute. That and if you click on a music file you searched for with universal search, there's no way to get it to play through power amp.

Edit : I think it would be sweet if poweramp made a desktop application. It would completely replace iTunes and make syncing totally painless.

try using a different file explorer as default or rememember u can set poweramp to read any file (containing music) that you set it to.. mines set to read the folders Music, Downloads, Torrents, Podcast, Podkast, etc.
or just move the files to whatever folder google search directs you to that works. also if u ever get the option, set poweramp as default for that action

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm also a power amp fan, been one for a whole week now and I have to admit that it will be the 1st app I will gladly pay for on my S3. The stock player sucks, music squares don't work and I find it a it clunky. I wish power amp had an option to rotate screen on lock screen for the car.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i used to use Player Pro which also has a great EQ (and can be obtained easily for free) but there was a major reason why i stopped using it and i cant remember what it was.....

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
PowerAmp was the app that made me link my card to my google account and actualy PAY for an app because its SO good and none of my usual illegal ways of obtaining free apps would work so trust me when i say that PowerAmp is the best! what skin is everyone usin on PowerAmp? i got a few payed for ones but the skin im using was free i think... cant remember the name but its really black with like neon red trim :)

Yeah same here. PowerAmp was my first paid app. I just tried it and realized it was so worth it.

try using a different file explorer as default or rememember u can set poweramp to read any file (containing music) that you set it to.. mines set to read the folders Music, Downloads, Torrents, Podcast, Podkast, etc.
or just move the files to whatever folder google search directs you to that works. also if u ever get the option, set poweramp as default for that action

Yeah I can play all the files I want, I also have mine set to read all the important files on my internal and external memory (except BeyondPod since I don't want podcasts coming up in shuffle). I just meant if I want to use the universal search or S Voice to launch a music file (rather than opening poweramp) - it'll always play with the default player and never gives me the option to open with poweramp.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah same here. PowerAmp was my first paid app. I just tried it and realized it was so worth it.

Yeah I can play all the files I want, I also have mine set to read all the important files on my internal and external memory (except BeyondPod since I don't want podcasts coming up in shuffle). I just meant if I want to use the universal search or S Voice to launch a music file (rather than opening poweramp) - it'll always play with the default player and never gives me the option to open with poweramp.

right, im not much of a gsearch user so havent had that problem. pity there isnt a way to set it as default like we can with browsers etc eh :(

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Google Music so I can stream all my content, it also has a built in EQ, and with the supplied head phone's my music sounds great!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon