What Music Player are you Rollin with on ya GS3

zack7687

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Google music. The cloud feature is awesome, keeps storage on my phone free and can have quick access to a way bigger selection

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I use Google Music too. I can access my online music and it properly supports BT headphone controls for both my BT headphones (not every player app works right with all BT buttons.)

-Suntan

jem286

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
right now im using 2 power amp and player pro.

i like both because i can select folders so i have my audio books playing in one and my music in the other that way i can shuffle my music with out shuffling to audio books and i also dont have to loose my place in the book when i want to listen to music so that is my set up

good night

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
right now im using 2 power amp and player pro.

i like both because i can select folders so i have my audio books playing in one and my music in the other that way i can shuffle my music with out shuffling to audio books and i also dont have to loose my place in the book when i want to listen to music so that is my set up

good night

which player do u use for audio books and which for music?

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
After about a years use if MixZing to Poweramp. I love the interface and GUI. One of the most visually appearing apps I have ever used. The built-in EQ is actually useful. I love the lock screen widget.

When playing tracks, the background of the GUI in Poweramp changes to match the color on the album cover. Very slick.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
PowerAmp was the app that made me link my card to my google account and actualy PAY for an app because its SO good and none of my usual illegal ways of obtaining free apps would work so trust me when i say that PowerAmp is the best! what skin is everyone usin on PowerAmp? i got a few payed for ones but the skin im using was free i think... cant remember the name but its really black with like neon red trim :)

I'm using the ICS theme..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The only problem with power amp is that since it's not default, you can't use gestures like palm or turn over to mute. That and if you click on a music file you searched for with universal search, there's no way to get it to play through power amp.

Edit : I think it would be sweet if poweramp made a desktop application. It would completely replace iTunes and make syncing totally painless.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

A cloud/desktop power service would just crush everything..... Smh...I wish they could just tap in my google profile and I'd be on cloud 9

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Buckeye855

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Just switched to Player Pro a few days ago and love it...I was using Google music, but I kept on having issues where the album art would disapear, and the length of the track would go blank. For example it would switch from 4:30 to just -:--.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
With Google Music, you'd need a connection all the time, no?

I'm using the default app for now, but may have to look into something else. I need to convert some of my iTunes song to remove DRM or something. I'm a bit pissed that I'm so 'deep' into the Apple ecosystem!

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
With Google Music, you'd need a connection all the time, no?

I'm using the default app for now, but may have to look into something else. I need to convert some of my iTunes song to remove DRM or something. I'm a bit pissed that I'm so 'deep' into the Apple ecosystem!

I think you can designate certain songs to be available offline, the way you can with Google books or Google drive. Then you can hear them anywhere even without connection.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I think you can designate certain songs to be available offline, the way you can with Google books or Google drive. Then you can hear them anywhere even without connection.

Yes. For any music loaded on google servers, you can select to make those available off line. They will then download and store locally on your phone so they are available when no service is on.

Also, any music you manually load onto the phone (either on the phone or on the SD card) will show up in Google Music and be available even when not hooked up to the web.

-Suntan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae