What Music Player are you Rollin with on ya GS3

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Google Music. I might try out power amp for the songs stored on my sd card. I just love having all 40gb's of my music at my disposal with Google Music. My only gripe is the streaming on 3g sucks. I don't have 4glte in my area yet but once I do Google Music will be the ultimate.

somerussianguy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So many Power Amp fans...no love for PlayerPro? Been using it for over a year. It has pretty much everything I can ask for and then some. Tagging, equalizer, automatic artist and album artwork retrieval, artist info, skins, folder view, playlist support (although it doesn't work with foreign artists), and more stuff that I don't remember.

hjmillre

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been using DoubleTwist a lot. Mainly I got it to sync music with ITunes, which it does pretty well, including bringing over the playlists. I think I had to pay extra to get the ability to sync music wirelessly. My S3 doesn't play nice when plugged in the the USB to the computer, so wireless was the only option I could get to work. I think it also gave me the option of where to store the music - regular storage or SD card. That gave me the ability to move lots of music onto my card. Now, if I could only figure out a way to get my really old Itunes DRM protected files to play without paying Apple more money for music I already paid for!

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been using DoubleTwist a lot. Mainly I got it to sync music with ITunes, which it does pretty well, including bringing over the playlists. I think I had to pay extra to get the ability to sync music wirelessly. My S3 doesn't play nice when plugged in the the USB to the computer, so wireless was the only option I could get to work. I think it also gave me the option of where to store the music - regular storage or SD card. That gave me the ability to move lots of music onto my card. Now, if I could only figure out a way to get my really old Itunes DRM protected files to play without paying Apple more money for music I already paid for!

I was looking at doubletwist before, but since it didn't work over wired connection I didn't try it. I didn't want to pay for an app before trying it out.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Just found out that Google Voice search can open music in PowerAmp. But it won't start playing the song right away it'll take you to the poweramp search screen and show you the results.

hjmillre

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at doubletwist before, but since it didn't work over wired connection I didn't try it. I didn't want to pay for an app before trying it out.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

I've been pretty happy with the paid version. I even paid extra to get Podcasts. The sync worked well too. Now I have all my Itunes music on my card and I think other programs can access it as well, although I have noticed some missing information when using the stock music player, as others have pointed out.

RifterAD

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I like Google Music only because I can listen to my music that is stored in the cloud.

For the 25 Gigs of music that are stored on my phone (for when I'm in the air), I liked the stock player until I figured out how hard it was to go back to my music folder while an album was currently playing. Recently, I switched to PowerAmp and I like it so far (still in the trial version)...but I like the navigation and I really like all of the settings I can mess with!

bbryson

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
:cool:Yet ANOTHER POWER AMP junkie right HERE! Been using POWER AMP for quite some time. I've tried a few others......"uninstalled"!!! And I believe someone mentioned in an earlier posting but I will say it again anyway. The ear buds sound GREAT listening to Power Amp via my GS3. :cool:

Reactions: the1m.polo

plkevlar

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Google music for my saved mp3's on my sd card. But I mostly just listen to spotify, it's just such a great application I hardly ever, ever use Google Music anymore

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Sensor Music Player for when I am driving and have it hooked up to the stereo.

Only reason: wave your hand in front of the phone to change tracks. No looking at the phone or having to touch any buttons. I just create my driving playlist and start it before I put her into drive.

For regular office and home listening PowerAmp has no equal.

Thanks for the tip of Sensor Music Player. I play music on shuffle alot, and am always worried about skipping to the next track while driving (don't want to be distracted). Tried this out last night, and worked beautifully! Thanks alot for the recomendation, had never heard of this app before, but loving it!

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
So many Power Amp fans...no love for PlayerPro? Been using it for over a year. It has pretty much everything I can ask for and then some. Tagging, equalizer, automatic artist and album artwork retrieval, artist info, skins, folder view, playlist support (although it doesn't work with foreign artists), and more stuff that I don't remember.

I also like Player Pro. PowerAmp is nice, but I find it difficult to navigate around. I wind up exiting the app by mistake (hitting the back button), or not hitting the right spot. Just seems like a difficult user interface to use. Player Pro is just 'easy' to get around in. Sounds good, and I like the easy to use album art and artist art customization. PowerAmp sounds good, but for me, it's just not very intuitive or easy to get around in.

Last edited:

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip of Sensor Music Player. I play music on shuffle alot, and am always worried about skipping to the next track while driving (don't want to be distracted). Tried this out last night, and worked beautifully! Thanks alot for the recomendation, had never heard of this app before, but loving it!

No problem. It doesn't the features of a power amp, but just having the ability to wave your hand in front of the phone makes it worth it.

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I use Double Twist. But I'm gonna check out PowerAmp after seeing all the people in this thread using it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums