cannot copy to clipboard

deepanshusapra

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, you can copy, paste, select, delete etc by taping and holding for a few seconds to get theses functions activated. It is just that on s3 every option is displayed by icon and not by caption or text at the top.

See attachment.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Billy_Barule

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I too am having this problem. I've had my S3 for a few months; copy/cut/paste worked fine. All of a sudden (within the last week or so), whenever I try to copy text, whatever application I am in (Chrome, messaging, Gmail, etc.) crashes and nothing gets copied to the clipboard.

Anybody have any ideas/solutions?

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I too am having this problem. I've had my S3 for a few months; copy/cut/paste worked fine. All of a sudden (within the last week or so), whenever I try to copy text, whatever application I am in (Chrome, messaging, Gmail, etc.) crashes and nothing gets copied to the clipboard.

Look up....

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Billy_Barule

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the paste problem but I did a factory wipe to get rid of it. It was driving me totally crazy.

I'm totally happy now.

---Sent from the most advanced android mobile super-computer on the planet: the Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T, featuring simultaneous voice & data and speedy 4G!!!

jahBoi

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
i am also experiencing this problem, i cant copy from sms or web page etc, whatever am copying from crashes...which means clipboard cant even contain anything......appears there's no other option apart from a factory reset...i think i might just do that..and reinstall all my apps from google play...:( s3 4.0.4...

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
i am also experiencing this problem, i cant copy from sms or web page etc, whatever am copying from crashes...which means clipboard cant even contain anything......appears there's no other option apart from a factory reset...i think i might just do that..and reinstall all my apps from google play...:( s3 4.0.4...

Or you can root and delete the corrupted clipboard files manually, which is what I did.

I had the problem last week, fixed it, and it came back yesterday.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Or you can root and delete the corrupted clipboard files manually, which is what I did.

I had the problem last week, fixed it, and it came back yesterday.

I got this problem yesterday. I'm rooted. Please tell me which file you deleted thanks

Edit: never mind. I see it in the other forum

iluvmay

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

I am having the same problem. All Samsung has to offer is to do a factory reset ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy