My teenager has this app on his phone...What does it do exactly? What is the difference between it and Photobucket?

I would like to know more about. Apparently, you have followers?
    08-03-2012 08:57 PM
    Instagram is a social networking site that is based on picture and not statuses. Facebook owns them and you can see many similar features and designs now that they are one company.

Not a bad app just not for everyone. I use it sometimes but have been a Facebook person from the beginning and can't seem to get away from that.

It is free to try/use so you could certainly give it a try if you wanted to.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums
    08-03-2012 09:08 PM
    From what I understand, it a photo sharing site and Twitter rolled into one. You can follow other people and share photos through Instagram and other social networking sites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instagram

It appears FaceBook has offered to buy Instagram, but the purchase is on hold, pending approval by the FCC.
    08-03-2012 09:11 PM
    It sounds like to Photobucket is totally different. I used to use Photobucket to post pictures in forum threads.
    08-03-2012 09:31 PM
    You can post pictures on FB. Why is Instagram better?
    08-03-2012 09:32 PM
    No one said is better.

The app has defined that "retro" look you see in a lot of photos on the web now a days. It's also the life blood of hipsters and photog wannabes.

That's a joke, but all just the same.

Also, you can post photos onto Facebook from instagram, in that way instagam becomes more of a one click photo editing software. To say its like photobucket is like saying an SUV is like a sedan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-03-2012 09:38 PM
    If I 'follow" my son, I will be able to see all the pictures that he posts as well as his friends?
    08-03-2012 09:41 PM
    If I 'follow" my son, I will be able to see all the pictures that he posts as well as his friends?
    You would have to follow his friends, just like any social website out there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-03-2012 09:42 PM
    You'll see your sons pictures but not sure about his friends. Follow him and see what your able to view.
    08-03-2012 09:45 PM
    From what I understand, it a photo sharing site and Twitter rolled into one. You can follow other people and share photos through Instagram and other social networking sites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instagram

It appears FaceBook has offered to buy Instagram, but the purchase is on hold, pending approval by the FCC.
    Twitter will not let ya add twitter followers anymore cause twitter and Facebook hv some riff going on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    08-03-2012 10:49 PM
    If someone has private then they hv to approve you to follow... But that doesn't mean you can automatically follow his friends... Its just like Facebook.. But with pics.. Follow me gogators1974

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    08-03-2012 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD