Hard reset

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Now i know this is probably redundant but with all the problems im seeing with screen keyboard to over heating to battery problems.. I had most but i did 2 hard reset or factory resets and i absolutely hv no more issues.. Im sure that has already been discussed but thought id throw that out there...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah man factory reset or even just a battery pull seems to fix a lot of bugs. its one of android's cute little quirks lol.
what happens after you factory reset an s3? does it automaticly download all the apps and settings you had before the reset?

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
yeah man factory reset or even just a battery pull seems to fix a lot of bugs. its one of android's cute little quirks lol.
what happens after you factory reset an s3? does it automaticly download all the apps and settings you had before the reset?
No it won't backup unless after when you sign with ur gmail and after it ask do ya wanna backup with settings or something like that but i just redew everything.... Battery pull doesn't wipe things... I know with all the phones ive got i always do a reset and never hv a problem afterwards. Even after all the Android updates from 1.0 to 4.0.4 i always do a hard reset after and ive never had a single problem after

SPD

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Did you reset from the settings menu or the bootloader by holding volume buttons while powering on? Does it even make a difference?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
No it won't backup unless after when you sign with ur gmail and after it ask do ya wanna backup with settings or something like that but i just redew everything.... Battery pull doesn't wipe things... I know with all the phones ive got i always do a reset and never hv a problem afterwards. Even after all the Android updates from 1.0 to 4.0.4 i always do a hard reset after and ive never had a single problem after

thanks. yeah i told it to back stuff up when i 1st booted it up so will that backup basicly make the phone exactly how it was if i ever have to reset?

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
thanks. yeah i told it to back stuff up when i 1st booted it up so will that backup basicly make the phone exactly how it was if i ever have to reset?

It does wk... I had some of the problems ppl are talking about but once i did the reset the problems went away plus i noticed better battery life... Ive always done that with every phone ive had

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34