Is S3 running on AC after charge complete?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yay i remember some high school physics from half my lifetime ago :)
ive got a question Jaltman.. does the phone switch itself off BEFORE the battery goes flat so that it can shut down properly? i ask because i seem to get more battery life after calibrating the phones battery indicator. im guessin that if its calibrated wrong, the phone will think that the battery is at say 1% when its actualy higher and shut itself down prematurely?

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I choose to believe that the phone has a switch that stops pulling from the battery when the cord is connected. Why? To do it the other way impacts the battery and makes no sense.

If this is true, then how does the battery get charged?

@funkylogik Be happy high school physics was ONLY a half a lifetime ago! For me its 3/4 of a lifetime ago and dropping quicky. ;) When I was in high school the integrated circuit had not yet been invented and computers were things we accessed from a teletype machine with the phone in a cradle at 110 baud.

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
So how do you calibrate the battery meter/sensor to be accurate? or are they pretty much accurate already? I take it the battery remaining is calculated, but what if that's off a little?

I still get emails about dialing #3370 to get some sort of "extra" hidden battery power..but I've never known of it to work, nor have I tried it on my phones. I figure if it DOES work, it's hidden for a reason.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
think i used Battery Calibration Free app mate. it should only be needed after flashing a new rom but i had a feeling mine was a bit off so i used the app and it said the calibration was 11% off. i defo saw an improvement

coreyacole

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If this is true, then how does the battery get charged?

I think that in this particular case, the phone is designed to send power to the phone and power to the battery.

While the charger is connected, the phone doesn't take power from the battery and instead takes it from the charger.

Again, I have NO proof that this is what's happening, but from years of observing how phones I've owned and sold worked, this is what it seems is happening.

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
You would have to get the design or engineers who designed the pcb to tell you or give you the blueprint so you could read them and determine the copper traces and which diodes, etc are on the board. Otherwise it's just a best guess estimate from anyone because only the engineers know this. Maybe the fcc filling had some design info but I doubt it's got this in it, probably just has the info on the cell radios and such.

Swype'd with my Sammy Galaxy S3

_OMEGA_

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I would also believe that once the battery reaches 100% and let's say you're still plugged in the battery isn't discharging. The phone will get hot over time because it is being used while still being plugged in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad