What apps have you had problems with?

delo999

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this thread on another forum, maybe we can start one here for the S3

All I know is as soon as I loaded and started Ringtone Maker Pro, everything went haywire, had to uninstall it in safe mode (thank goodness I found out I could do that) and then do a hard reset. The "haywire" behavior was an unresponsive lockscreen, and constant rebooting every 2 minutes.

Looks ok now!

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
a6fa4448-fe7b-4cec.jpg
Chrome messes up when Googling stuff, it's also force closed on me multiple times.

I've noticed SwiftKey lags out sometimes (my Droid X did crap like this all the time).

EDIT: Add Messenger to the list.

Sent from my rooted/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

lmzanchi

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Zynga Poker is another bad app. I've tried to run it a couple of times and it freezes for about 10 seconds, closes, then gives a force close error message. I didn't have that issue with the s2 or the iphone.

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
UnlockAtHome still having (known) problems when you click a notification when on trusted wifi.. It brings up the lockscreen, but you just have to press power twice instead of unlocking. annoying..

KB2VYZ

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Slideme market app, even after FC it continued running as well as downloading something other that an update (I keep auto update off on all of my apps), since removing this app, my phones performance improved GREATLY.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I found Zedge to be a problem on my s3. After i shut the app down my screen would flicker for about 3 seconds. So i uninstalled it and just didnt bother dl it again. That was on my first s3,which had software problems. I have now got it on my 2nd s3 and works fine :)

aldous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I both downloaded zedge. We both uninstalled due to issues with the phones after using it.. "random reboots, screen freezes" i have also found discover card apl to cause similar problems

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
ZEDGE! When leaving an app (any app) it would slow my phone and the wallpaper would reappear half a screen at a time. No problems once I uninstalled the ZEDGE app.

Sent from my "PATENTED RECTANGLE"

Last edited:

lteitelb

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
SwiftKey and chrome do not work well together. If you try to edit a search query entered by voice your phone will freeze.

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I use zedge and have no issues at all with the app or the phone as a result of using it

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I have been using zedge and it is working just fine. I have been have not use chrome on my s3 but swift key works just fine. I had chrome and SwiftKey together on my Maxx and they played nice. I had problems with Tapatalk on my Iphone it would crash a lot i started using forum runner instead. Tapatalk works on my s3 just fine though. The thing that drives me nuts is the incompatibility of apps. I know it is difficult to stay on top of the ever changing android landscape but i hate when i purchase an app and when i upgrade my device and lose apps that I really like *cough * nba jam *cough*.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Moboplayer and ES explorer. They both made my device go crazy.

Mobo couldn't play jack

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

soccerdude2014

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung london 2012 app. It randomly crashes and says "London 2012 has stopped working"... and I noticed I get the error RIGHT after I enable WiFi or 4g.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
that could be the server getting hammered mate. the bbc sport website has had record amounts of new visitors streaming vids (im just guessing the app uses bbc content)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15