Is there an app that also turns on my laptop from sleep? So then I can remotely control it?
    Thanks!
    samanthanielquel likes this.
    08-05-2012 04:33 PM
    I like splash top remote.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    brava27 likes this.
    08-05-2012 09:18 PM
    Install the app called 'PcAutoWaker'. It will enable you start your pc from android device when you connect to the wifi.
    brava27 likes this.
    08-05-2012 09:30 PM
    I use and love TeamViewer but it cannot wake from sleep.

I have not paid for the LogMeIn Android app but I use it for my PCs and it is capable of waking the remote computer from sleep and then initiating remote control. I would imagine that capability is available with the Android app if you're willing to pay for it.
    08-05-2012 11:20 PM
    I use Teamviewer also, it's a very good program. If you want to use it though you will have to change your power settings so that the hard drive never sleeps. I often have to fix family members and co-workers pc's and Teamviewer has been great for me with the ability to do remote reboots in both standard and safe modes.
    08-06-2012 08:01 AM
    Further to my previous post...

...while this may not be so elegant...I just realized that you can use LogMeIn.com to wake your computer, which will then be controllable by Teamviewer.

LogMeIn's Android app is not free...but you can install LogMeIn Free on any PC. You can access LogMeIn.com from your Android browser - log in - click wake from sleep. The computer will wake and you can then connect to it with the free TeamViewer Android app.

The downside is that you need both LogMeIn and Teamviewer installed on the remote PC. The plus is that this solution is free!
    roflwaffleton and mcm180 like this.
    08-06-2012 08:57 AM
    what happens if you have a username and password? I use team viewer and I have use unified remote when I only need a remote. It can shut it down but it can not turn it on. I have to log on to my computer so both of these are kind of pointless as of now. I'll check out the log me in app
    08-06-2012 11:13 AM
    Spalshtop is horrible, and unless you are willing to open ports on your router and all that jazz you can kiss using it on the go goodbye.

LogMeIn Ignition was always a favorite of mine, but it cost like $30 (I'm not advocating privacy).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    08-06-2012 08:23 PM
    yeah, I use mobilemouse, and it's easily the highest quality mouse app there is. I have tried them all, from splashtop, to remotedroid, to all the iOS mouse apps.
    08-06-2012 09:38 PM
    PhoneMyPc.. So easy to set up, works like a charm..
    08-06-2012 10:12 PM
    I highly recommend splashtop, but I do think they are about to release a sequel/followup which may or may not render the current version a lot less attractive. Conversely it may be cheaper now/soon
    08-06-2012 10:18 PM
    I find Jump Desktop to be the best. It doesn't require special Desktop software as it uses the Microsoft Remote Desktop service (RDP protocol) but also supports VNC protocol to connect to Macs and Unix/Linux machines. It can also connect via GMail proxy as well.

I've also used Xtralogic's Remote Desktop Client which is very good but I find I'm much more productive using Jump.

I've also used Team Viewer but it requires Desktop software and after you connect a couple dozen times, it will begin to nag you about "commercial use suspected" wanting you to ante up big bucks. No thanks.

BTW... In order to wake-up a sleeping machine, that machine must support "Wake on LAN" and you must send it a "Magic Packet" from some other device ON THAT LAN. You will not be able to wake it by tunneling in thru a router and sending something from your Android. Your Android must be connected to the same LAN in order to send the Magic Packet to wake-up the machine. There are several apps in the Play STore which can send a magic packet, just search for "magic packet"
    Issemann, bjs188 and mcm180 like this.
    08-06-2012 10:21 PM
    I liked RemoteRDP, I'm using the light version and it is fine. I wasted $10 on splashtop and wouldn't advise it. Seems like lots of people use it but you have to have it running to log in and can't use it combined with another rdp session, it only works to the on screen version.
    I recommend searching on how to enable RDP on non windows 7 professional/ultimate installs so that you can log in to more then one session at the same time.
    TenshiNo likes this.
    08-06-2012 10:29 PM
    I find Jump Desktop to be the best.
    +1
    08-06-2012 10:39 PM
    Spalshtop is horrible, and unless you are willing to open ports on your router and all that jazz you can kiss using it on the go goodbye.
    Odd, it is what I use to access my home file server when at work. I also use it to connect to my media server so I can watch my local 10 O'clock news (output to the hotel TV) when away on business travel.

Never had to forward a port on my router.

Anyway, I use it quite often and find it very worthwhile.

LogMeIn Ignition was always a favorite of mine, but it cost like $30 (I'm not advocating privacy).
    Apparently not, since you have no qualms telling us all about your selection of choice...

-Suntan
    08-06-2012 10:42 PM
    Team Viewer.
    08-07-2012 01:38 AM
    Another Teamviewer user here.
    08-07-2012 03:45 AM
    Have always been a fan of pocket cloud. Especially using rdp. You know you could always just set your computer to not sleep. I just set it to turn my screen of so I have full access to it all the time.
    08-07-2012 06:08 AM
    for computers with plenty of bandwidth - phonemypc beats logmein,- process/program viewer/killer, execute actions (like running a batch file or executing a program), view webcam, $15
    for computers with low bandwidth - splashtop - a lot fewer options, just basic remote control - $10
    for computers that you need to buddy help, without a prior install - teamviewer would rock - free
    for computers you need to monitor - pc monitor free for first 3
    08-07-2012 07:22 AM
    I use logmein - and my PC never goes to sleep. I can't remember the last time I turned it off.
    Same with my server.

Alan
    08-07-2012 08:24 AM
    Really surprised noone has mentioned wyse pocket cloud free. You have to be on the same network as your PC or set up port forwarding or whatever to make your PC public facing, but it's a fantastic remote control app. I really like the mouse on it.

I don't think it has remote wake-up capability though. I don't need that so I haven't checked.
    08-07-2012 09:01 AM
    for computers with plenty of bandwidth - phonemypc beats logmein,- process/program viewer/killer, execute actions (like running a batch file or executing a program), view webcam, $15
    for computers with low bandwidth - splashtop - a lot fewer options, just basic remote control - $10
    for computers that you need to buddy help, without a prior install - teamviewer would rock - free
    for computers you need to monitor - pc monitor free for first 3
    +1 for PhoneMyPC - been using it from the very beginning on three different Samsung phones - Moment - Epic - GS3 - very speedy on all
    08-07-2012 09:12 AM
    I use Splashtop. I can access my desktop from both my Android phone and my iPad.
    08-07-2012 09:59 AM
    Here is my two suggestions. For controlling your laptop like you would a TV I suggest Unified Remote. it is a free app however requires you to install software on the computer before it will work. I have been using it for a while to control my laptop when using it to stream movies to my TV. Although like it has been said it will not wake your computer. If you want to control your computer by logging into to it I would suggest 2x Client. it is a RDP, free and works with the built in RDP for both Windows and Linux. This will wake your computer since you are logging into it remotely.
    bjs188 likes this.
    08-07-2012 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD