Why S3 so slow?

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Maybe my expectations were set too high with all the hype, but gmail still takes a second to load (even if I load it, press home, then gmail again).

I figured if it's all in memory, it should be closer to instant, rather than one full second to load.

Would 4 cores help?

Will JellyBean help?

Don't get me wrong: I love my S3's, but I certainly wouldn't mind more speed switching, launching, etc. (I don't play games so I no basis to just processor performance other than task launching and switching)

Mike

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
quad core doesnt make a difference (i make it below a second but not much on quad core) i think maybe the hardware is fast but the software hasnt caught up yet (ICS was launched on the galaxy nexus which is nowhere near as powerful as the s3) so maybe jellybean will make it faster and the s3's power will make it future-proof :)

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
My gmail aop opens right when I hit it. No lag at all.

I get a hickup every other day.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Don't use Gmail, I use the K-9 Mail app and as soon as I touch it it's open. I don't have any apps really that lag from the second I touch them till seeing them open - everything is pretty instantaneous.

Rev.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
maybe its because i have my gmail set as a gesture to a dock icon. il try setting it as a homescreen shortcut and see if its any faster...

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if you have an app slowing down your phone. Everything on my phone is instant.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III.

Invader3K

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine has no problems at all. The only time I experience any issues is with certain third party games (Draw This, etc.).

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
And don't forget to turn off the CPU and screen frame rate limiters under the Power Saving options if you want a bit more speed.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I tried Settings | power safer mode on & off (limiting CPU), but couldn't notice a difference in launch speed.

Maybe I'm being too critical.

Mike

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
if "power saving" is switched off, its settings wont matter. think u should enjoy the phone and wait for jellybean Pc mate ;) if ur worried that the phone is running slower than it should, download Quadrant benchmark app and compare the results with people with same version

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
try this

settings>Developer options> window animation scale (set it to 0.5x) and Transition Animation scale(set to 0.5x).

that should speed things up a bit without any ill effects.

let me know if that helps

Reactions: pcguys

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
try this

settings>Developer options> window animation scale (set it to 0.5x) and Transition Animation scale(set to 0.5x).

that should speed things up a bit without any ill effects.

let me know if that helps

GOLD STAR: That's the answer! Everyone: give that a try: doesn't it make your phone FEEL like it has 4 cores!

Thanks!

Mike

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
No sarcasm here. Just sincere appreciation for all the great info shared here.

I rather my window appears immediately, and not deleted with animation effects.

First I heard of it.

Mike

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci