Another converted iPhone user!

adanick2

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
My wife that is. She's been using an iPhone since day one and after the first 2 hours of using the new sg3, her exact words were: "I can't believe how easy this thing is to use." I think that is a real testiment of how far android has come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Reactions: Soundtrack to Chaos

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Been trying to get my girlfriend to switch over, but she relies on her email for work heavily. The ios email is awesome and works great.

She hates the email for all android and wish they would have it set up nicely like ios. She loves the gs3, but the lackluster email is what keeps her away.

I really wish android would fix their email disaster. I am not an apple at all, but they do have everything working perfect.

adanick2

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Ya know, my wife also relies on email for work and she actually likes it on the sg3 better. Not sure what it was, something like being able to sync all her folders or something, I don't know. Personal preference I guess. But there are plenty of 3rd party email apps to choose from too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Switched my girl to android about a year ago shes been hooked eva since

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Evoken

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I really wish android would fix their email disaster. I am not an apple at all, but they do have everything working perfect.

Well, Google recently bought Sparrow, an amazing email client for both Mac and iOS. I guess this means that they will be releasing a new email client for Android soon.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, Google recently bought Sparrow, an amazing email client for both Mac and iOS. I guess this means that they will be releasing a new email client for Android soon.

I hope so. I can't believe that the Gmail app STILL doesn't have pinch/zoom and that it still can't render HTML email properly (or to fit the screen).

The iOS email app (and Sparrow, too) definitely does this better. I'd love to use the Gmail app on a regular basis since I am a big user of labels, but the stock email app on the GS3 at least has some rudimentary pinch/zoom function which the Gmail app does not.

Dunbar42

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
The e-mail apps in Android definitely aren't as elegant looking as the stock iOS e-mail app. E-mail on Android looks like a jumbled mess of text in comparison. I was actually sort of surprised that e-mail still looked like it did on the Droid X I demoed two years ago. But I can read, respond and delete e-mails much faster on my S3 than my iPhone or iPad

kippykip

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Email is what I miss the most from my old iPhone. I haven't found anything I liked in Android, but I haven't looked very hard (only tried K9).
My other problem with my S3 is the syncing with my office Exchange. I would get duplicate calendar events and contacts. Sometimes, I get like 50 of the same contact or events. So, I stopped syncing until I can play with it this weekend.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any of those syncing issues with Exchange, FWIW.

As for iOS, I'm surprised by the love for it here. I hate it, but mostly because you can't attach files from the app. Yeah, you can from other apps (like going to the gallery and sharing a picture via email), but the fact you can't compose an email in the email app and attach a file to it is weird. Plus, you can't attach more than one file at all. It's very strange IMO.

That and there's an extra step to get the checkboxes that just display by default in Android. My iPad does display emails nice I suppose and it has some transitional eye candy, but I guess I'd rather have functionality. I realize there's an issue with HTML emails with Android (I'm using the default email app) but I can still pinch out and see the emails fine. Don't get me wrong, I wish they'd fix that, but it's really not a huge deal to me.

Just my two cents. When I can attach files with the iOS email app, I'll be more impressed, but that will never happen because of how iOS is designed..

Last edited: