10-10-2012 02:33 AM
48 12
tools
    just buy the AT&T infuse 4g dock works way better :-) :-) :-)

from MY SIII in sunny FL.
    And I use a case and would like to avoid removing the case any time I want to use it.

I did consider it initially, though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    08-11-2012 10:24 AM
    Has anyone tried using their phone with the iBolt hooked up?
    I have used the auxiliary port on my vehicle for various phones in the past and it has worked fine. The iBolt set up does not pipe the phone sound through my car speakers.
    It works great for music but the minute I make or receive a call it ends the music and the sound comes through the S3's speaker. I have tried every configuration and cannot make it work.
    08-14-2012 04:43 PM
    Has anyone tried using their phone with the iBolt hooked up?
    I have used the auxiliary port on my vehicle for various phones in the past and it has worked fine. The iBolt set up does not pipe the phone sound through my car speakers.
    It works great for music but the minute I make or receive a call it ends the music and the sound comes through the S3's speaker. I have tried every configuration and cannot make it work.
    Tested yesterday, had no issues. I docked, started podcast through speakers, initiated BT call while podcast was still playing. BT was through speakers, and once hung up, podcast resumed through speakers.

08-15-2012 12:47 PM
    I have been playing with mine for about a week and have had no issues other than the camera rotation thing. I have it paired to a Moto Roadster BT device for all audio (really old car).

In trying to figure out the camera issue, I am guessing it is either a dock issue or Car Home Ultra as the camera rotates fine in my hand. I have the infuse dock as well and it was an issue for me there too.

If anyone is interested in buying my infuse dock, PM me and we can discuss.
    08-15-2012 03:59 PM
    I really enjoy the dock, but I am getting some ambient noise/feedback/static through the car speakers when playing music on the S3. Is anyone else having that issue?
    08-15-2012 04:40 PM
    I am considering purchasing, but having a 2006 Mazda Tribute, I do not have a 3.5mm car stereo input. Will this dock still be a useful device, or does lacking the ability to utilize the car speakers be too big of a loss?
    08-16-2012 09:28 AM
    I am considering purchasing, but having a 2006 Mazda Tribute, I do not have a 3.5mm car stereo input. Will this dock still be a useful device, or does lacking the ability to utilize the car speakers be too big of a loss?
    Seems to me that would be a personal decision. It works fine as a dock and doesn't really muffle the phone speakers.
    As a pure dock, I found it to be more sturdy than universal docks, but some people have had issues (myself included) with the dock breaking. Was quickly replaced though, replacement seems to be working fine

08-16-2012 09:57 AM
    I don't have an AUX input in my car either but I find the dock invaluable as a way to keep the phone charged while using the GPS and making phone calls using my car's bluetooth.
    08-16-2012 11:42 AM
    I really enjoy the dock, but I am getting some ambient noise/feedback/static through the car speakers when playing music on the S3. Is anyone else having that issue?

Yes, mine started doing that today. It's even worse if you are touching the screen in any way. It was fine, then all at once it started. The bad thing is I plugged my wife's S3 in and no noise. I hope the iBolt didn't damage my phone.
    08-22-2012 07:47 PM
    anybody else getting horrible feedback when the power is plugged in and the aux cable is plugged in (but while not playing music)? It's unbarable how loud the scretching is until something starts playing sound. Maps/navigation is the worst since I get the feedback constant until the voice tells me to turn. Do they even test these devices?

Oh and about the power button... i've noticed that with the phone docked and in my case, I can just push down on the "top" side of the phone (when cradled) and it is enough to turn on/off display
    08-23-2012 11:15 AM
    Hi there,

I'm wondering how well the mount works with cases? More specifically, something like the Otterbox Defender?
    I have read it works only with the Otterbox Commuter,
    does NOT work with the Otterbox Defender
    (really? really? doesnt work with the otterbox defender, the model 90% of people actually buy)
    I just got my S3 and my Otterbox Defender, looks like I need to keep looking.
    08-26-2012 04:04 AM
    Thanks for the help. I bought the ibolt Charging Dock and could not make it play through the car speakers. I figured that the unit was bad and swapped it at Verizon. Still wouldn't work. Called Verizon - technician said call manufacturer no switches or tweeks on phone to make it work. Googled and got your advice: change settings under dock to use car speakers. Although this was elementary to you, I spent a day puzzling over it, visited the verizon store twice, called verizon once and still would not have solved the problem if I hadn't stumbled on to your review - THANKS!!

Jim Z
    09-18-2012 09:47 PM
    anybody else getting horrible feedback when the power is plugged in and the aux cable is plugged in (but while not playing music)? It's unbarable how loud the scretching is until something starts playing sound. Maps/navigation is the worst since I get the feedback constant until the voice tells me to turn. Do they even test these devices?

Oh and about the power button... i've noticed that with the phone docked and in my case, I can just push down on the "top" side of the phone (when cradled) and it is enough to turn on/off display
    I found I get this when I dock my phone in my desk dock which is hardwired to a Jawbone Jambox. I don't think it's an issue with ibolt, rather, Samsung

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
    09-19-2012 12:52 AM
    I have my in my car and absolutely love it only problem when listen to my music and receive phone call voice didn't get thru my car speakers r but thru phone louder speakers any fix for that?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    09-19-2012 04:17 PM
    I have my in my car and absolutely love it only problem when listen to my music and receive phone call voice didn't get thru my car speakers r but thru phone louder speakers any fix for that?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    I contacted iBolt, and they said the problem is that Samsung designed the phone to function this way because of people using bluetooth devices and there is no way to change it currently. They said they would be looking into it. Don't know if that really means anything though.
    09-19-2012 06:56 PM
    Anyone else feel it was kinda built upside down? What I mean is, the native way to hold the phone in landscape mode is with the home button on your right. The dock is designed so it's on the left. Just open your camera and you'll see what I mean.

09-20-2012 08:53 PM
    Is anyone else getting feedback when you plug in the USB charger into the cig lighter so it can charge while using it? I find it quite annoying
    10-01-2012 01:01 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that the default music app on the Galaxy s3 doesn't work properly with this dock? If you switch from playing through the widget to the main app screen music will discontinue playing through the car speakers and it will only play through the phone. But if you go forward one song or back a song it will play through the car speakers again. So you cant switch from the widget to the main screen for the music app without it malfunctioning by playing just through the phone speaker. Needless to say, this is annoying and I wish Samsung would allow us to get rid of both of these crappy music apps. Sound Alive and The Music Hub suck. Also, why did they put 2 music apps on this phone in the 1st place? Its simply bloatware. Has anyone else had this issue?
    10-01-2012 02:33 PM
    And I use a case and would like to avoid removing the case any time I want to use it.

I did consider it initially, though

You can take out the insert and make it so it will hold a phone with the case on the phone. I figured this out after a while.
    10-01-2012 03:16 PM
    Anyone else feel it was kinda built upside down? What I mean is, the native way to hold the phone in landscape mode is with the home button on your right. The dock is designed so it's on the left. Just open your camera and you'll see what I mean.

get what you mean man.. i tend to use my phone in landscape with volume button at bottom. maybe its so volume is at top?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-01-2012 05:30 PM
    I was hoping to have fun with the totally useless idea of a dash cam, but that won't work so well if it's upside down :/

Sent from my Galaxy S III
    10-04-2012 06:53 PM
    I've heard there are adhesive pads in the box. Could you position the pads where they would lift the S3 up a bit on both sides of the power button?
    10-10-2012 02:28 AM
    just buy the AT&T infuse 4g dock works way better :-) :-) :-)

from MY SIII in sunny FL.
    Just upgraded from a Motorola Droid2. That puppy got hot in the sun when the dock was attached to the windshield and I ran Nav. I don't know of the S3 gets hot like that. The iBolt appears more open on the back than the Infuse dock. I'd think that would be better for cooling, though I'm not sure it will matter much unless I run the defroster on cold...
    10-10-2012 02:33 AM
48 12