08-11-2012 02:59 AM
34 12
tools
    +1

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3, please excuse my brevity.
    08-08-2012 01:38 PM
    So on the recommendation of some here, I went ahead and tried Aquamail. I must say it is nice, very nice. I just cannot get over the "Fugliness" of K-9. So I am switching to Aquamail. Thank you to those who made the suggestion. Wish I could now change Post to:
    Ditch the stock email and get K-9 Aquamail.
    08-10-2012 04:23 PM
    Touchdown is Awesome. I have used it now for over two years. On a tablet and on my phones. My favorite function is the ability to have it only poll and notify you during peak times. Peak times are adjustable by you. My phone stops polling at 11:30 PM (When I go to bed) and starts at 6:00 AM (When I get up). This way, it doesn't bother the wife (not a good thing to do) during the night with notifications from the servers at work. I can also filter attachments so they don't show up in the Gallery app.
    I used to use Touchdown on my Droid X. The only thing I didn't like was that it had separate contact and calendar databases from the phone.
    08-10-2012 04:42 PM
    So on the recommendation of some here, I went ahead and tried Aquamail. I must say it is nice, very nice. I just cannot get over the "Fugliness" of K-9. So I am switching to Aquamail. Thank you to those who made the suggestion. Wish I could now change Post to:
    Ditch the stock email and get K-9 Aquamail.
    I tried K9 mail when I first got the S3 but didn't like the UI. Thanks for the "heads-up" about AquaMail.
    Just tried AquaMail and it is terrific. It's especially good with my IMAP e-mail account. My old AOL account now has instant delivery on my phone with no delays. And it even has a notifier on the icon when you get a new e-mail (and it really works).
    08-10-2012 09:32 PM
    Based in the recommendations here I tried aquamail. Seemed nice but the free version only allows two email accounts and I use 3 so I stuck with K-9. Might try it again though. I love K-9 but the one problem I have is how often it hangs on a specific task like checking email and I have to force close it and reopen it and start again. Gets rather annoying. Anyone else ever have that issue with K-9?

Rev.
    08-10-2012 10:58 PM
    Based in the recommendations here I tried aquamail. Seemed nice but the free version only allows two email accounts and I use 3 so I stuck with K-9. Might try it again though. I love K-9 but the one problem I have is how often it hangs on a specific task like checking email and I have to force close it and reopen it and start again. Gets rather annoying. Anyone else ever have that issue with K-9?

Rev.
    I tried the free version of AquaMail with the 2 acct limitation to see how it worked. I believe this is the reason it is free, to allow you to try it out with all of its bells and whistles. I admit for an Android app it has a high price. However, after finding it works so well I paid the price and now have it on all three of my android devices running HC and ICS at the one time purchase price. Compared to a app for a MSWindows or iOs computer prices of android apps, even this one and Print Share, are chump change IMO.
    By the by, I use it for 7 email accounts over 4 isps and it works perfectly all the time for all of them.
    08-11-2012 01:07 AM
    I tried the free version of AquaMail with the 2 acct limitation to see how it worked. I believe this is the reason it is free, to allow you to try it out with all of its bells and whistles. I admit for an Android app it has a high price. However, after finding it works so well I paid the price and now have it on all three of my android devices running HC and ICS at the one time purchase price. Compared to a app for a MSWindows or iOs computer prices of android apps, even this one and Print Share, are chump change IMO.
    By the by, I use it for 7 email accounts over 4 isps and it works perfectly all the time for all of them.
    I liked it so much I also purchased it. My email experience is real important to me since I am a heavy email user and this fit the bill. A small price to pay in my opinion for such a good app.

**Its nice to be able to receive attachments up to 25MB
    ***UI is really nice
    08-11-2012 02:02 AM
    Hello everyone,

Newb still learning this Android OS out...I have 2 questions, one for the stock email client and one for those of you using Touchdown.

1. Stock Email-I'm on exchange server for work email and utilize the active sync on the phone. Works fine with no issues, but if I read an email, but not delete it to read again later for some reason the phone changes the look of the email to one paragraph. If this is a setting I need to adjust, I certainly can't find it. It's annoying and actually fairly hard to read a second time because of the way it changes the look of the email.

2. For that reason above, I read feedback on here and downloaded the trial version of Touchdown to see how it works. Can someone who has TD email tell me how to configure my email signature? It defaults to sent from touchdown email.
    You get the signature after purchasing the application.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk
    08-11-2012 02:56 AM
    I ended up with Kaiten Mail and Touchdown my Evo 4G, Acer A100 & A500. Support for both is excellent.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk
    08-11-2012 02:59 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD