08-10-2012 05:15 AM
92 ... 234
tools
    oh yeah think ive heard of straight talk
    08-09-2012 12:06 PM
    Straight talk allows you to use the carriers towers and such, for some reason not many people choose to use it for whatever reason.
    Becuase if your a heavy data user they will turn your service off.

You can only use up 100meg a day and less than 2gig a month for the $45 a month "unlimited plan". So its not really unlimited.

For most avg users it works just fine. Just do what works best for you.
    08-09-2012 12:11 PM
    ouch thats bad. my pre-pay is completely unlimited data but no tethering
    08-09-2012 12:14 PM
    Straight talk allows you to use the carriers towers and such, for some reason not many people choose to use it for whatever reason.
    I'll have to look into that and let me brother know about that as his contract is done now.

I glanced at their coverage maps which are labled "android" and "non-android" for some reason. The Android map coverage was pretty sparse.
    08-09-2012 12:29 PM
    Becuase if your a heavy data user they will turn your service off.

You can only use up 100meg a day and less than 2gig a month for the $45 a month "unlimited plan". So its not really unlimited.

For most avg users it works just fine. Just do what works best for you.
    Thats why i dont like straight talk they toggled my data so slow i have to refresh like 5 times to get on a page. Then again i did use like 20gigs of data. I wish their where more choices for prepaid thst alow you to take your phone. But one or the other. they cost as much as my plan on AT&T or they dont offer good plans.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Rezurrection Rom and OC/UV using Red Xparent Tapatalk 2
    08-09-2012 03:01 PM
    it does seem very monopolised in the US. all it would take is for one company to break the mould and the rest would have to follow. i heard that one of the less well performing US carriers (cant remember which one) is earning over $20 per month per customer... PROFIT! that seems scandalous man
    08-09-2012 03:06 PM
    But what happens to a bunch of those companies is they get bought by a bigger company or they cant compete

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Rezurrection Rom and OC/UV using Red Xparent Tapatalk 2
    08-09-2012 05:31 PM
    there seems to always be a budget network to fill that gap over here and theres a couple of new "virtual" carriers that are completely free with free data in return for watching ad's. i havent tried one yet and i dont know how successful theyl be but theyr a great option to have
    08-09-2012 05:42 PM
    OK. I've been out of the country for over a month. So, please, someone explain to me how the manufacturers can opt not to put Google on the devices? Thanks.

SFRRR
    08-09-2012 06:27 PM
    OK. I've been out of the country for over a month. So, please, someone explain to me how the manufacturers can opt not to put Google on the devices? Thanks.

SFRRR
    Google what?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    08-09-2012 06:31 PM

SFRRR
    think the debate is weather samsung will include the Google Now feature of Jellybean coz it has a voice search function and sammy have their own S-Voice crap but Google Now is a lot more than just a gimmicky Siri type thing so hopefully samsung wont be silly
    08-09-2012 08:24 PM

SFRRR
    Android operates as its own company within the Google umbrella, much like how they explained Motorola will. So when company X decides to use Android they do not have to use the Google Apps suite, that is completely separate.
    08-09-2012 08:43 PM
    You guys,

Thanks. Now I get it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    08-09-2012 08:47 PM
    are u in europe Sfrrr or just usin the quad core in US?
    08-09-2012 09:20 PM
    Nope. Just in the backwoods of North America.

I've made it a policy for years to buy unlocked phones that are unsullied by bloatware or phone company entanglements. With the Galaxy S3, I saw no reason to buy a 2-core American version because the places i spend most of my time aren't going to get 4G during this phone's lifetime. So, why not use a quad-core device?

Sfrrr
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    08-09-2012 10:45 PM
    cool. we dont have 4g here yet anyway so i got unbranded sim free gt-i9300 too :-) hope we dont end up regretting the 1gb ram lol... i doubt it in the next couple of years anyway
    08-09-2012 10:50 PM
    Im mostly on 3g but i got my s3 for 425 brand mew from Walmart even though i wanted the international version i can't complain fir that price

08-10-2012 05:15 AM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD