Supposedly Samsung has Jelly Bean about ready

brunnels

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
This thread brings back memories of when i had my SII skyrocket, and the rumors that samsung was done with ICS for it back in february, the Skyrocket didnt get ICS till this July. AT&T is going to get hold of the JB update and sit on it for a few months, so i wouldnt get to excited for a while. Im also interested to see how much samsung is going to neuter Jellybean, i seriously doubt they will include google now, but hopefully the butter enhancements make it through.

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
This thread brings back memories of when i had my SII skyrocket, and the rumors that samsung was done with ICS for it back in february, the Skyrocket didnt get ICS till this July. AT&T is going to get hold of the JB update and sit on it for a few months, so i wouldnt get to excited for a while. Im also interested to see how much samsung is going to neuter Jellybean, i seriously doubt they will include google now, but hopefully the butter enhancements make it through.

+1

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
+2 about neutering but im thankful my s3 is unbranded and should hopefuly get it without much delay. id recommend everyone to save up and buy a phone, ditch the contract and get a pre-pay sim

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I would hope that things like Google Now are important enough to Google to at least provide them as downloads on the Play Store especially if the carriers begin not deploying them.

Mike

brunnels

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I would hope that things like Google Now are important enough to Google to at least provide them as downloads on the Play Store especially if the carriers begin not deploying them.

Mike

Hopefully your right, i have a nexus so i dont have to worry about this, but it would be nice to see all android devices able to use it. Im hoping it will be just an update to google search once the phone is running JB, or even a download in itself. I just seriously doubt that samsung is going to include it on their ROM considering they probably spent a lot of money developing S-Voice, which is a joke compared to NOW.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the thing that kills me is that (to me anyway) Now is much more than a voice rec' app, they dont understand me anyway. so it will be really bad if samsung leave it out. hopefuly theyl realise that s-voice was a nice gimmick and leave it at that. or intigrate it and have an s-now feature lol :)

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
id think something like Now is too deep in the os to be an apk but it would be nice

If it is embedded that deep in the OS then it will probably be difficult for Samsung to remove it without doing some real damage.

Mike

edit: You might be right but it seems as though for Google to continue to monetize the mobile platform they will need something like Google Now. If that is correct it seems like it would be awfully important to Google to get it out there and if so I doubt they would allow Samsung to strip it out.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
oh yes m8 google now is where skynet starts happening.. its when google starts showing us what it learns from us and in turn learns more from us which it can sell but android is free and open source and i dont know if they have any say in which parts of it manufacturers choose to use. the whole skynet thing doesnt freak me out one bit if it does cool stuff for me lol. i heard google are rolling out FREE home broadband in Cansas US and i really hope thats the future for all internet including mobile. google make a fortune by knowing our lifes so its in their interest for android phones to use a lot of data and learn more from us :)

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
+2 about neutering but im thankful my s3 is unbranded and should hopefuly get it without much delay. id recommend everyone to save up and buy a phone, ditch the contract and get a pre-pay sim

Im going their im tierd of always waiting for an update because of at&t

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Rezurrection Rom and OC/UV using Red Xparent Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Im going their im tierd of always waiting for an update because of at&t

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Rezurrection Rom and OC/UV using Red Xparent Tapatalk 2

cool man :) it seems like more people in the US compared to the UK are dependant on contracts (plans) and being stuck with one carrier for years and years and the carriers love that and its probably the reason they suck u dry. more people should just buy a handset and every month u can just change carrier if a better offer arises. do phone numbers work the same in the US as they do in UK? (once we have a phone number it basicly belongs to us and we can transfer it from carrier to carrier)

brunnels

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Well Google just announced that they are going to release google now on IOS, so im guessing that they will just put it in the play store also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech