New User...

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to the Android scene.. is there anything other that Kies that can be used to sync contacts/calendar etc?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
contancts and calander will sync automaticly mate and be associated with ur gmail,youtube, etc account so whatever android u log into will automaticly sync with them. if u mean having contacts and calender syncd with the pc, the calander should sync over-the-air (if u use google calender on pc) and u can just log into ur google account to see contacts. this is why i got my dad onto android lol, he kept losing phones and losing business contacts with them but with android it really isnt an issue :)

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info.. I guess I should have stated I'm an iPhone convert, and my PC is actually a MAC.. I may need to fine tune my google calendar and contacts and use them from now on.. Just hate how Gmail adds each and everyone you email... (craigslist makes this horrible)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
think you can assign mails like that as junk but im not really much of an emailer and i put up with getting an inbox full of junk so im defo not a gmail expert lol... im also terrible with pc's and have never even touched a mac lol :)

Reactions: joe.kent

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
There is Kies for Mac to transfer other items as well. I used the Windows version to transfer contact information and calendar from Outlook.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just hate how Gmail adds each and everyone you email...

Only if you have it set up that way. Go to your Gmail (in a web browser) and then click on settings (the gear in the upper right). On the General Tab, scroll down until you see the setting for "Create Contacts for auto complete" setting and change it to "I'll add contacts myself"

Lesson to be learned: If you don't like how something is operating, check the settings to see if you can change it.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Only if you have it set up that way. Go to your Gmail (in a web browser) and then click on settings (the gear in the upper right). On the General Tab, scroll down until you see the setting for "Create Contacts for auto complete" setting and change it to "I'll add contacts myself"

Lesson to be learned: If you don't like how something is operating, check the settings to see if you can change it.

nice one man :) and yeah thats a good lesson for anyone new to android.. everything is tweakable ;)

meenas9

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Also new to android (former bb user)...12 days actually! If the device is backed up automatically, where does it go? Can i view the back up anywhere? I recently set up a gmail acct. Still trying to understand Kies, not there yet tho, still have no idea what i'm supposed to do with it! Any advise would be appreciated! Need an "Android for Dummies" manual!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc