10-31-2012 01:19 PM
71 123
tools
    I see a lot of reviews of the s3 on YouTube and a lot of people have different browsers. Some got dolphin, chrome stock, opera. Which one is the best? I was thinking chrome
    08-08-2012 04:49 PM
    Dolphin for me. Easy to use tabs, bookmarks, addons if you want them. It has flash support. Very fast browser, from my experience anyway.
    08-08-2012 05:38 PM
    I use Chrome since it syncs all my bookmarks and tabs and everything from all my other Chrome browsers (my PC, iPad, etc), but keep Dolphin around for a couple sites that still use Flash.

What's weird is Chrome on my iPad will frequently revert back to the HTML5 version of a video, but Chrome on my GSIII just tells me I need Flash. Haven't figured out how to make Android Chrome request the other version if it exists (and FWIW, Safari on my iPad also won't request the HTML5 version for some reason). It's strange.

It's too bad Chrome doesn't support Flash, cause I really don't like having multiple browsers and having to switch based on the site.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    08-08-2012 05:39 PM
    I tried stock, chrome &, dolphin. Dolphin has the least issues/works best to-date
    08-08-2012 06:06 PM
    Chrome would be the best for everything except it doesn't have Adobe Flash Player so I would say if not haveing Flash player isn't an issue i would recommend Chrome. But if it is I would recommend Dolphin because it has flash and the only difference from Chrome is it syncs all of your bookmarks from your computer.

Sent from my Galaxy s3 using Android Central Forums
    08-08-2012 06:11 PM
    I have tried numerous browser options and you just can't beat Dolphin for allaround function and ease of use. Plus it supports flash so win win. Most of the plug ins are gimmicky and useless but the browser is solid.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    08-08-2012 06:54 PM
    It is not ideal, but best all-around browser seems to be Dolphin, at least for me. My 2nd choice is Maxthon because it has automatic text reflow after resizing without the problems of Opera Mobile.
    Mac.World and PookiePrancer like this.
    08-08-2012 07:37 PM
    Chrome... no questions asked....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    _OMEGA_ and ybcthanerd like this.
    08-08-2012 07:44 PM
    nice thread man. wish u had done a poll. im hearin a lot of good things about dolphin. i used to use it a year ago before chrome and firefox and i found it really sluggish, clunky and slow but it was the best option for downloadin APKs. ive heard its improved a lot since then though so might give it a chance. Opera Mini was always my fav coz its fast for browsing simple sites but on a phone as fast as the s3, the speed of mini is negligable. opera mobile is far too slow. i really want to love chrome but again its too slow. so although firefox beta is far from perfect, its what i use now. its a full browser and the fastest full featured browser ive tried (but i will give dolphin hd another try)
    08-08-2012 07:45 PM
    It is not ideal, but best all-around browser seems to be Dolphin, at least for me. My 2nd choice is Maxthon because it has text automatic text reflow after residing without the problems of Opera Mobile.
    I'm trying my best to like Chrome, but Maxthon is still my first choice. Wish Google would get off their butts and make Chrome what we all know it can be. Their browser should be the fastest with the most add-ons and options, fully configurable and allow flash. I also wish it looked more like the desktop version with the tabs at the top of the screen always there and clickable.
    08-08-2012 08:04 PM
    yeah. also ive always wondered why google dont make a browser that uses proxy servers to condense data and then send it to the phone like Opera Mini does. surely google would be better than opera at doing that, it would eat less of peoples data plans so we could surf more, and theyd get to sell all our browsing habits to advertisers etc... win-win
    08-08-2012 08:15 PM
    Is there a way to import my chrome bookmarks to dolphin? Typing on the chrome browser is still wonky...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
    08-08-2012 08:27 PM
    Is there a way to import my chrome bookmarks to dolphin? Typing on the chrome browser is still wonky...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
    id like to know that too. most of my bookmarks are stuck on firefox but i think if i sync them to a laptop, i can import them to chrome and then hopefully onto other browsers
    08-08-2012 08:31 PM
    chrome for me, used to use dolphin, but can't beat the syncing features of chrome
    08-08-2012 09:01 PM
    Chrome... no questions asked....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    +1
    08-08-2012 10:13 PM
    Dolphin for me, does everything I want it to do. It doesn't have a static address bar like some - meaning it scrolls up with the page rather than stays there all the time wasting screen space, has it's own bookmarks so I don't have to see the stupid non-deletable (unless rooted) 3rd party bookmarks the vendor includes, has the bookmarks pop-up when I hit menu (not so with the default browser and having it makes it easier to use one handed), has Flash unlike Chrome, scores nicely on the HTML5 test site, etc.

No reason to use anything else so far... and I've tried them all pretty much. Firefox is my preferred for my home Ubuntu Linux machine, but not on my phone unfortunately.

Rev,
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.
    08-08-2012 10:59 PM
    wow im usin opera hd now and it really has improved
    one question.. how do i view this forum in mobile view like on firefox? its a lot prettyer in full view and i can start thanking people and see their pic but i find it a lot harder to use.
    EDIT found it. but how do i bookmark?
    08-09-2012 03:33 PM
    I ran Dolphin and liked the gestures to control the browser. However, I tried ICS Browser +. I find it much better than Dolphin.

Much smoother, text reflow is very good and I like the thumb controls. Maintains full screen, need to control browser, use the thumb control overlay.
    08-09-2012 03:52 PM
    i was liking dolphin but really dont like the text input will try icsb+
    08-09-2012 03:54 PM
    mmm im liking ics b+ full screen goodness aaaugh i spoke too soon. cant see what im writing in input box same as dolphin
    08-09-2012 04:05 PM
    id like to know that too. most of my bookmarks are stuck on firefox but i think if i sync them to a laptop, i can import them to chrome and then hopefully onto other browsers
    I've been using firefox on my computers at home since almost the beginning. I like their interface better than safari, chrome, etc.

So I installed firefox on my phone and just sync everything from my computer. No complaints so far, except I can't close the main tab like chrome does. It'll have a chrome logo with nothing there, but firefox has to have some page/tab open.
    08-09-2012 04:34 PM
    that doesnt really bother me tbh. is there an add-on for firefox mobile to get full screen mate?
    08-09-2012 04:47 PM
    Chrome or Firefox. although Firefox's support for flash along with feeling just as fast as Chrome has been slowly winning me over.
    08-09-2012 04:49 PM
    i actualy find firefox the fastest of all the browsers except Maxathon and Opera Mini which are a bit crap as browsers
    08-09-2012 04:55 PM
    firefox:
    i am not a very skill user
    08-09-2012 04:56 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD