S3 Bootloader

SHiFT.

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Is the S3 bootloader locked for just verizon or all the cell network?

I am in canada. I will be getting the S3 on Telus Network in september.

Thanks
SHiFT.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
no mate i havent rooted my s3 (very expensive and not insured yet) but aparently rooting it is almost foolproof (far safer than rooting the s2) so if ur confident with that kinda thing then defo go for it :)
ps why would u go for the nexus s over the galaxy nexus?

SHiFT.

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
sorry i ment the Galaxy Nexus. I think the S3 is still the better phone. I am an iphone user and i am having a hard time getting over the feel of the S3. It sorta feels cheap

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah most phones will feel like that compared to an iphone man. im android all the way but iphones are SOLID bits of kit. if u think about the size and how thin the s3 is though, if it was as solid as the iphone, itd weigh a tonne lol, its a compromise. i dont think the gnexus feels much better but it does look a lot better. i love the nexus but look at these cpu test results..

http://db.tt/zWIQo6fx

the s3 is more future-proof because its so powerful

Reactions: SHiFT.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Only the Verizon version has a locked bootloader.

Rooting is foolproof.

ROMs are available.

We have kexec working so we are able to "flash" kernels.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

Reactions: SHiFT.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
does locked bootloader mean un-rootable? sorry its not really a term we use here so i probably got confused lol :)

Not at all. They're 2 different things.

An unlocked bootloader means we can easily flash modified kernels, but since kexec is working, we can basically "trick" the bootloader to run custom kernels thinking it's the original.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
right. is it mostly US handsets that have locked bootloaders or something? just that its not something id encountered before listnin to AC podcast?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22