Is it possible that the GS3 developer edition is the new nexus phone? Can anyone shed some light on this POSSIBLE PIPE DREAM? Please understand that this is total speculation on my part due to the delay of any info about this dev. phone.
    08-09-2012 07:52 AM
    Too close to the last Nexus phone launch, and not enough difference in hardware to warrent a new nexus.
    08-09-2012 08:22 AM
    but that is just the thing: no announcement on a release date for this thing. And isn't there a new nexus every year or so?
    08-09-2012 08:24 AM
    Suggestions lean towards a different OEM than ever before, like Motorola or someone else. Motorola would be interesting actually. I would welcome that, and it would make sense since Google now owns Moto. I'm sure they could make a really neat "Nexus Moto"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    08-09-2012 08:26 AM
    A Motorola android without moto blur. That would be awesome.
    08-09-2012 08:31 AM
    Google would never use the button configuration on the S3... but that would a fairly easy hardware modification for Samsung to make... I could see it happening. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Google is in the process of designing their new platform around Qualcomm's new Quad-Core Snapdragon S4 (APQ8064/Adreno 320).
    08-09-2012 08:56 AM
    Is it possible that the GS3 developer edition is the new nexus phone? Can anyone shed some light on this POSSIBLE PIPE DREAM? Please understand that this is total speculation on my part due to the delay of any info about this dev. phone.
    The S3 Developer Edition is not the new Nexus. The only reason that phone is released is because on Verizon they restricted the original S3 so much. So to satisfy customers Samsung made a less restrictive "Developer Edition".
    robrecht likes this.
    08-09-2012 09:18 AM
    yeah doesnt the verison dev' edition just have un unlocked bootloader the same as all the non verison s3s?
    if samsung make the next nexus i think it will be similar spec to the s3, maybe the quad-core versin?
    robrecht likes this.
    08-09-2012 12:30 PM
    ....cant imagine moto making it.. theyr not doing very well in the industry and google probably only bought them for the patents
    08-09-2012 12:32 PM
    yeah doesnt the verison dev' edition just have un unlocked bootloader the same as all the non verison s3s?
    if samsung make the next nexus i think it will be similar spec to the s3, maybe the quad-core versin?
    If Samsung makes the next Nexus I think it's safe to say it will have a lot in common with the S3 since every previous Nexus phone resembled the equivalent Galaxy S model. But Samsung always dumbs down the specs on the Nexus phone in comparison to the same generation Galaxy S phone.

Watch the next Nexus still have 5MP camera or something...
    08-09-2012 01:23 PM
    lol yeah i suppose nexus is meant to be a developers phone but theyve got really popular with consumers
    08-09-2012 01:27 PM
    plus isnt the galaxy nexus higher spec than the s2? or around the same?
    08-09-2012 01:27 PM
    I expect the S3 developer's version to still have Touchwiz, which obviously won't be on the Nexus. I'm surprised we don't know anything about the next Nexus at this point.

Thanks, Robrecht
    08-09-2012 01:34 PM
    maybe theres gona be more than one new nexus phone.. htc and samsung maybe that would be cool
    08-09-2012 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD