Just tried out nova launcher for the first time. I use apex and man oh man are you guys missing out. If you have the paid version of nova well that's probably the best option. But if you're using the free version you need to make the switch. Apex free offers half of the features in nova prime (the paid version).

Things apex has that nova has in prime:
    -hide apps
    -one finger gestures
    -two finger gestures
    -pinch gesture
    -way more animations/affects
    -more customization of scrolling in dock, app drawer, home screen
    -notification count (if rooted)
    -1x1 widget in dock I believe(if rooted again)
    -probably a couple other things I can't remember right now

Now I must admit nova launcher does have a few more speed options which makes it a lot snappier than apex. But other than speed... the free version of apex has nova's free version beat by a mile.

And if you're not using either one you're missing out.

I didn't forget about go launcher! I like them too. It's just too gingerbread like for me Same goes for touch wiz. To dull for me.
    08-09-2012 01:04 PM
    i tried nova today and couldnt believe they wanted money for the features go launcher gives me for free. il give apex a try. i love Go but ive used it for years and dont wana get stuck in my ways lol. can u hide status bar and make it appear/dissapear with a gesture like on go?
    08-09-2012 01:15 PM
    Can you rearrage your app drawer instead of being alphabetical by default like Nova?

And I can stick my 1x1 data usage widget in my dock. (rootless Nova)
    08-09-2012 01:26 PM
    i tried nova today and couldnt believe they wanted money for the features go launcher gives me for free. il give apex a try. i love Go but ive used it for years and dont wana get stuck in my ways lol. can u hide status bar and make it appear/dissapear with a gesture like on go?
    Yeah it's crazy. I kept thinking to myself rip off. And yes you can make it go appear and disappear, or even expand down with a gesture so you don't have to go all the way to the top of the screen
    08-09-2012 01:27 PM
    cool thats 1 of my fav features on go. can u download icon themes?
    08-09-2012 01:32 PM
    I need to give Apex a shot.
    I am on Nova Prime.
    Go Launcher HD wasnt fully ready from the last time i checked.
    08-09-2012 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD