09-22-2012 03:00 AM
248 1234 ...
tools
    I HATE the locked bootloader.... Thanks, Verizon
    08-09-2012 08:51 PM
    No SIM issue sporadically occurring and picture messages "file not supported" issue that only fixes via reboot, soooo annoying. I want to love this phone so much and tell people how awesome it is. Unfortunately these issues make that hard to do.
    08-09-2012 08:55 PM
    you have some excelent advice man and i respect that but u come across as very negative and unfriendly why take the time to bump up a thread u dont like lol?
    It was a joke dude, relax.

I'll take your comment into consideration next time you ask for help.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums
    08-09-2012 08:59 PM
    oh i forgot bout the speaker lol. its crap, mono and in totaly the wrong place but if it was stereo and at the front or top and bottom but then we'd have a fat assed phone lol
    08-09-2012 09:04 PM
    It was a joke dude, relax.

I'll take your comment into consideration next time you ask for help.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums
    ok im sorry if i misjudged u mate
    08-09-2012 09:06 PM
    oh i forgot bout the speaker lol. its crap, mono and in totaly the wrong place but if it was stereo and at the front or top and bottom but then we'd have a fat assed phone lol
    Agreed! I wonder what made them decide to put in the back? common sense was lacking on that move lol
    08-09-2012 09:15 PM
    I live in Hawaii and the screen is totally impossible to read outside in the daylight. I also don't like the physical home button. This phone is slippery, I know get a case for it, which I have but the phone is much better looking without a case.
    08-09-2012 09:16 PM
    I dont like that my gs3 uses the same notification ringtone for email text and any other alert
    08-09-2012 09:20 PM
    What don't I like?

The screen doesn't like bright sunlight. At all.

Otherwise no real complaints from me.
    Yeah, my Fascinate was brighter. And the screen/ glass already scratched. My, almost 2 year old Fascinate does not have one scratch. But that high def is sick.
    08-09-2012 09:24 PM
    I dont like that my gs3 uses the same notification ringtone for email text and any other alert
    You can set that to what ever you want. Change the settings in each app. Text settings email settings. Easy fix
    08-09-2012 09:25 PM
    Can't use the camera at weddings, in church and other events that require silence because you can't turn off the Camera sound.
    08-09-2012 09:29 PM
    Agreed! I wonder what made them decide to put in the back? common sense was lacking on that move lol
    lol its more the fact that its not in the middle so when ur watchin youtube with the phone in landscape mode ur finger either covers it or bounces the sound in mad directions lol headphones r essential
    08-09-2012 09:29 PM
    The build quality. It feels like a cheap toy I could break at any moment. Sure the screen is superb, as is the hyper-glaze color. But the side buttons are horrendously poor, as is the flimsy battery cover with more and more people claiming slight squeaks and creaks.

What's worse is, despite me not even moving my phone anywhere and having it wrapped in microfiber, the edges of the battery cover have slight bumps at the top. How the heck did they get there? It's like there is paint globs underneath or something. I'm guessing when I pulled the back cover off to put the battery in or the SD card, it must've warped the paint coating?

Then, another negative is the physical home button. Why they didn't go with the ICS route of no physical buttons, I don't know. But if you're going to put a button, commit to it and make it good. Not some weird, cheap tiny shape which is awkwardly pressed. Keep the rectangle shape of the SG2 etc. I have a hunch it will be the first thing to fail on my phone, especially since you need to hold or depress it to change apps, close, start task manager.

Additionally, the apps and bloatware. Samsung wants to act as if it has some of the best software which is just no true. It's horrendous. Samsung software and UI has always been crap, from their blu-ray players to their phones etc. S-Voice is one of the worst and buggiest thing's ive ever used. Samsung Apps is next to useless when you have Google Play. It's like Sony. Stick to hardware.

I don't know, just disappointed I guess. Another qualm is the cheap speaker on the back, symmetrically placed to the right of the camera and is as small as the LED flash to maintain lines. But it is small, quite poor, not very loud.
    08-09-2012 09:30 PM
    I live in Hawaii and the screen is totally impossible to read outside in the daylight. I also don't like the physical home button. This phone is slippery, I know get a case for it, which I have but the phone is much better looking without a case.
    yeah i really love the LED display but i live in crappy scotland. a back-lit LCD would maybe be better for nice sunny places
    08-09-2012 09:30 PM
    On the blue version the home button looks purple, not a fan of that
    08-09-2012 09:31 PM
    Love the blue version. The machined metal faux looks awesome. The home button isn't clear coated in gorilla glass, so the sheen is different , and can throw people off about color, even though it is the same. The white one looks great too, kind of a iPhone esque 3gs look.
    08-09-2012 09:38 PM
    my only complaint so far (besides my locked bootloader) is when I try and hit either the menu or back button it sometimes selects what's on the screen right above them...can be annoying at times, especially if it's an ad but definitely not a deal breaker. Love my s3
    08-09-2012 09:52 PM
    my only complaint so far (besides my locked bootloader) is when I try and hit either the menu or back button it sometimes selects what's on the screen right above them...can be annoying at times, especially if it's an ad but definitely not a deal breaker. Love my s3
    Are you sure you are not electron charged? Kidding, haven't experienced that but will keep an eye out. Love this phone too.
    08-09-2012 09:55 PM
    Are you sure you are not electron charged? Kidding, haven't experienced that but will keep an eye out. Love this phone too.
    lol i did that at the start but ur thumbs seem to learn. im actualy starting to be able to txt without looking.. something i never thought id be able to do on a touchscreen lol
    Johnly likes this.
    08-09-2012 10:03 PM
    stock music player is bad, like really inexcusably bad. Kies is a very bare bones, shaky piece of software to use.

Smart stay isn't good enough, it can't recognise glasses wearers. S Voice is abysmal and frustrating.

I don't like how they removed scrolling wallpapers. I wish the phone charged faster.

Kind of random, bit I wish there was a search bar in the notification bar, so I could pull down to search from any screen. I also wish I could select to keep the bar present even if I'm using a full screen application and just have it become transparent.

All this aside I actually love the phone including the design.
    08-09-2012 10:20 PM
    1. Battery sucks, if I have to turn off all of the so-called "smart things" it's not a smart phone.
    2. LAG, oh boy does it lag - Samsung as usual tweaked the hell out of this thing and compared to my Nexus with same apps loaded - this thing sucks
    3. Phone app - On the surface, looks good, but with the lag awful - when phone is locked, call comes in, the answer or cancel options are at best "non-responsive" so I miss many calls. Isn't this what a phone suppose to do is answer and make calls.
    4. Exchange/ Corporate / Activesync mail just kills the "smartphone" functionality. If I get a message while in the phone app, on a call, call stutters and sometimes disconnects.
    5. Wifi - When wifi is enable and I use GPS or try to update an app in Play I get server not responding (every time) if not connected to wifi and outside walking. If wifi is turned off when mobile, works everytime.
    6. Hype - Yes, industry hype, once again, through all the problems with the Vibrant, sgs4g, sgsII guys like AC and all the others gave Sammy the pass by not performing "real world tests" with apps that people use and instead turned their attention to aesthetics and hardware to rival the "i-whatever" instead of giving us the true low-down. I remember when I first deployed MS Windows on pc's and the norm was to reboot the system to "free up" memory. funny how this industry works.

I buy my phone off contract now and try them out to determine whether it will fit my active profession, I then make recommendations to my customers on deciding BYOD and this is not one that will be a recommendation. Yes they sold 9 or 10 mil, but it was and continues to be hype and if you look pass the beauty, pure unsupported crap.

Funny how this industry has evolved. There was a time when I had to "smart" up my dumb phones, but now I'm finding myself "dumbing down" these smart phones. It makes it worse that its a TMo carrier. Go ahead and bash me if needed, but I spend LOADS of money on these devices to make a useability and functionality decision for business users and this one does not live up to the hype. Just my opinion.
    08-09-2012 10:22 PM
    For some reason screen seems to scratch kind of easy. I not deep scratch but almost like there is a fine coat on the screen but it scratches easily. The luckily it's not super noticeable but once I know it's there... Bummed! Email app seems laggy when you hit send. I can't figure out if that's native issue or because I use 3rd party keyboard. Non scrolling home screen wallpaper. I I miss that from my DROID x. I also miss a dedicated car model with buttons in landscape mode for easy navigation etc. Long press to get to recent apps sucks. I wish it had dedicated button. Wifi seems really inconsistent. I I tend to use LTE all the time at home as a result. I thank you grandfather unlimited data. :-)

That being said it is such a smooth responsive phone that looks great on screen and generally runs like a beast. I love the phone.
    08-09-2012 10:23 PM
    noone should really complain about software that can so easily be replaced by better free 3rd party apps to be fair....
    08-09-2012 10:24 PM
    I hate that I can't own this because of a locked bootloader or a late release from Samsung. I think this phone will come out when the Galaxy Siv will comes out.
    buddy made this for me.. lol
    http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/24725768.jpg
    08-09-2012 10:27 PM
    The s3 is really amazing phone and like other phones, there's some pro's and con's. I have no much to complaint other than the built was too rounded and the presence of the physical button. If they built it like the galaxy note, this phone would be epic IMO. Some issues can be solve by rooting it to put your personal taste. You can root your s3 by following this link: GalaxyS3Root.com - Your Source for Galaxy S3 Root, ROMs, tips, and more!. I hope for a quadcore processor for the next galaxy s series or galaxy note series.
    08-09-2012 10:36 PM
248 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD