So what DON'T you like about the GS3?

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
For GS3 OWNERS ONLY

What don't you like about this amazing phone?

No phone is flawless, so what are the flaw of this one?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Never dropped it or had any harsh moments butbi already have two small scratches in the glass no idea what they came from. Keys are in a Separate pocket

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: the1m.polo

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth - when connected to audio out does not work properly.
USB - no in car audio streaming, which makes me use the audio out in the first place.
Keyboard - none as good as iPhone. Swiftkey 3 not bad.
Email - can't find an email app as good as iPhone. Tried several including k9, gmail, stock and inomail.

Otherwise I really like it and am happy with my decision to go with it.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
looks- its doesnt look like a top of the range gadget.
physical buttons- theyre just kinda cheap and nasty
other than that i lOve it <3

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It can't do a table dance, and the Wi-Fi occasionally disconnecting...but I still prefer the table dance with that Big Beautiful screen and perky widgets...:cool:

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Bugs. Non-functioning calendar reminder, haptic feedback setting doesn't stick, LED doesn't work properly, "the folder is open" announcement with talk back off, MMS issue ("file type not supported"), awful stock browser... To name a few. Also, it is not nearly as fluid as I expected, for example, when opening a text thread it stutters. That said, I'm not trying to bash. There are many aspects of the phone I do really like. Third android phone. Love the OS. A little frustrated with it at the moment, though.

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
-Touchwhiz and its's gingerbread-esque folders and menu look.
-Email client has issues with 3rd party keyboards (been an issue sinec the GS2)
-Physical buttons - still would have preferred samsung follow google design guidelines and gone with virtual buttons.
-Bluetooth MAP profile does not play nice with 2010 MyLincoln touch system for text message support or sogn/artist names with Music (may be a limitation on Microsoft Sync though)
-Samsung antenna's still have some range issues with wifi and cell strength

Aside from that I love the hardware. Screen, while a little oversaturated and not as birght as I would like when outside, is still fantastic overall. Despite what some others have said the phone is well put together. I love the lightness compared to HTC, motorola or apple devices. weight does not equal good construction quality. yes the back is plastic, but there is no give to the plastic anywhere and it just feel like a solid device. Plus it is more comfortable in the hand than any recent apple/motorola device and on par with the OneX if not a little better in my opinion.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Bugs. Non-functioning calendar reminder, haptic feedback setting doesn't stick, LED doesn't work properly, "the folder is open" announcement with talk back off, MMS issue ("file type not supported"), awful stock browser... To name a few. Also, it is not nearly as fluid as I expected, for example, when opening a text thread it stutters. That said, I'm not trying to bash. There are many aspects of the phone I do really like. Third android phone. Love the OS. A little frustrated with it at the moment, though.

think the talk-back thing is a Light Flow bug if ur using that. ive defo seen it talked about as a bug in an app

paradox60660

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My year old Bionic had better call reception. Never dropped one call on the Bionic. On this sgs3 every other call gets dropped at some point.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: yah00eu

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol i thought the back button at wrong side would bother me but it took like a couple days to get used to it. im right handed though lol but i tend to use both thumbs. they should really have made a setting to swap them since its just software

Dunbar42

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
After almost a month my gripes:

-App icons stutter sometimes when you return to the home screen (Touchwiz issue)
-Wish the web browser was as fast as my iPad 3 (but it's not fair to compare it to a tablet)
-None of the Android e-mail apps are as elegant looking as iOS

I'm hoping the first too get better with the Jelly Bean update. I can live with the third one.

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth - when connected to audio out does not work properly.
USB - no in car audio streaming, which makes me use the audio out in the first place.
Keyboard - none as good as iPhone. Swiftkey 3 not bad.
Email - can't find an email app as good as iPhone. Tried several including k9, gmail, stock and inomail.

Otherwise I really like it and am happy with my decision to go with it.

IBOLT car dock solves the bluetooth/audio issue, and more specifically, the cord that comes with it. It's a usb cord that also plugs into the aux port.

Demodocus

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wish there was more granular control over the led indicator - I'd like to be able to automate times for it to be on or off. Also, I don't like the physical home button and I wish it were capacitive. Otherwise, the phone is really awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke