So what DON'T you like about the GS3?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have both the Gnex and my wife has the SGSIII from Sprint and I couldn't be pleased more with either of them. They both have their goods and bads but depending on which end of the spectrum your after they serve a purpose.

You want easy unlock, AOSP, pure Google then go for the GNex

You want easy unlock (workaround available for the Verizon ver), AOSP builds, TW builds and great dev support combined with the latest and greatest in hardware..... SGSIII...

My opinion its not worth complaining about things, as were sitting here complaining and writing about them there is a newer, better device being talked about in a blog...

Just my opinions... Carry on :)

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
well I guess yours truly the OP can post his list now lol.

1. when I back out of a thread on tapatalk, it'll put me right back into it. Then I back out again, then it'll bring me right back in, it does this 3 or 4 times.

2. wi-fi calling - it just doesn't work! I'll answer, they don't hear me, I dont' hear them. I hang up, the phone LOCKS UP forcing a restart.

3. battery life isn't as good as I was led to believe. With normal usage, I'll get a max of 12 hours. With heavy usage it drops down to about 7 or 8. replacement battery on the way!

4. physical home button

5. SmartStay doesn't work. I've tried it in well lit environments, dark, medium light levels, but it just doesn't work. I don't wear glasses or anything else that could block my eyes from being detected - nothing.

6. S-voice sucks. I disabled it and I strictly use assistant now.

7. The gallery keeps showing uploaded albums even though I have "show content on phone" selected.

8. Can't use the camera while on the phone (although FreeGS3 rom took care of that!)

9. Google Wallet doesn't work (Screw you t-mobile! I got it working!)

10. can BARELY see the phone in sunlight.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
well I guess yours truly the OP can post his list now lol.

1. when I back out of a thread on tapatalk, it'll put me right back into it. Then I back out again, then it'll bring me right back in, it does this 3 or 4 times.

2. wi-fi calling - it just doesn't work! I'll answer, they don't hear me, I dont' hear them. I hang up, the phone LOCKS UP forcing a restart.

3. battery life isn't as good as I was led to believe. With normal usage, I'll get a max of 12 hours. With heavy usage it drops down to about 7 or 8. replacement battery on the way!

4. physical home button

5. SmartStay doesn't work. I've tried it in well lit environments, dark, medium light levels, but it just doesn't work. I don't wear glasses or anything else that could block my eyes from being detected - nothing.

6. S-voice sucks. I disabled it and I strictly use assistant now.

7. The gallery keeps showing uploaded albums even though I have "show content on phone" selected.

8. Can't use the camera while on the phone (although FreeGS3 rom took care of that!)

9. Google Wallet doesn't work (Screw you t-mobile! I got it working!)

10. can BARELY see the phone in sunlight.

Well seeing your list most of these complaints you have either resolved or are normal complaints/issues... Battery life, that falls about in the same category as any other device. Tapatalk issue, could be directed at Tapatalk app and not the device. Phone in sunlight.. I normally just manually crank up my brightness level, I don't depend on auto brightness on any of my devices. Home key/button.. Can't put fault on that, you knew it was there and its workings before you bought the phone.

Really the only real issue I see left on your list is the wifi calling.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i hated the look of the gnex when it was unveiled but now i really like it. maybe the s3 will be the same. as for everythin else, an s3 with vanilla JB will be better than the gnex

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Well seeing your list most of these complaints you have either resolved or are normal complaints/issues... Battery life, that falls about in the same category as any other device. Tapatalk issue, could be directed at Tapatalk app and not the device. Phone in sunlight.. I normally just manually crank up my brightness level, I don't depend on auto brightness on any of my devices. Home key/button.. Can't put fault on that, you knew it was there and its workings before you bought the phone.

Really the only real issue I see left on your list is the wifi calling.

I'm 5-9?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i didnt buy s3 for the gimmicky samsung add-ons like s-voice and smart-stay, i was always sceptical of them. its maybe not fair to judge the phone on them but on the other hand, they were part of the marketing...

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Nexus running JB after I got my S3...I love em both and I can't wait for a solid JB build for the GS3 its sure to be hands down the best!!! Not that's it's not arguably now... I just want my touch Wiz motion features with a stock JB..... That is my happy point.. Probably won't happen though..

Sent from my GS3....

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Nexus running JB after I got my S3...I love em both and I can't wait for a solid JB build for the GS3 its sure to be hands down the best!!! Not that's it's not arguably now... I just want my touch Wiz motion features with a stock JB..... That is my happy point.. Probably won't happen though..

Sent from my GS3....

im sure it will mate ;)

No1up

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
i didnt buy s3 for the gimmicky samsung add-ons like s-voice and smart-stay, i was always sceptical of them. its maybe not fair to judge the phone on them but on the other hand, they were part of the marketing...

smart stay works ok, and S-beam is nice. :) I bought it over the Gnex for one simple thing.. MicroSD, I didn't even care about the RAM, ALL i wanted was a MicroSD, what a stupid move to release such a phone without one!!

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
smart stay works ok, and S-beam is nice. :) I bought it over the Gnex for one simple thing.. MicroSD, I didn't even care about the RAM, ALL i wanted was a MicroSD, what a stupid move to release such a phone without one!!

very stupid.

2 things any great smartphone should have - sd card and a removable battery (unless they finally make a smartphone with a battery that can get you 24 hours of use - there isn't one that I've tried and I've tried the iPhone 4s, galaxy s 3, EVO LTE , one x, one s, and a few others, and now of them can do a full 24 hours on a single charge with actual usage - meaning majority of the time the phone isn't idling).

Those features don't make a phone great, but it will definitely keep it from being great.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
46c085d6-a668-713f.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ac295

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Even though the battery life is good, it's "only" got a 2100.

Also I like the power and volume buttons on the right...

Other than that, fix the VZ Bluetooth bug.

That's all folks.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
try using smart stay with glasses on and s-voice with a Glasgow accent lol :p i just use screen timeout at 10mins and its second nature to me to turn the screen off after use :)

kidchikk

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Never dropped it or had any harsh moments butbi already have two small scratches in the glass no idea what they came from. Keys are in a Separate pocket

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

really, i think i have dropped mine well over 200 times and not a scratch! it thinks its titanium or something..lol