09-22-2012 03:00 AM
248 123 ...
tools
    For GS3 OWNERS ONLY

What don't you like about this amazing phone?

No phone is flawless, so what are the flaw of this one?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!
    08-09-2012 02:35 PM
    Never dropped it or had any harsh moments butbi already have two small scratches in the glass no idea what they came from. Keys are in a Separate pocket

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    the1m.polo likes this.
    08-09-2012 02:51 PM
    Bluetooth - when connected to audio out does not work properly.
    USB - no in car audio streaming, which makes me use the audio out in the first place.
    Keyboard - none as good as iPhone. Swiftkey 3 not bad.
    Email - can't find an email app as good as iPhone. Tried several including k9, gmail, stock and inomail.

Otherwise I really like it and am happy with my decision to go with it.

08-09-2012 02:58 PM
    looks- its doesnt look like a top of the range gadget.
    physical buttons- theyre just kinda cheap and nasty
    other than that i lOve it <3
    giograves and GalaxyOnyxWitch like this.
    08-09-2012 03:01 PM
    It can't do a table dance, and the Wi-Fi occasionally disconnecting...but I still prefer the table dance with that Big Beautiful screen and perky widgets...
    MERCDROID and GalaxyOnyxWitch like this.
    08-09-2012 03:17 PM
    Bugs. Non-functioning calendar reminder, haptic feedback setting doesn't stick, LED doesn't work properly, "the folder is open" announcement with talk back off, MMS issue ("file type not supported"), awful stock browser... To name a few. Also, it is not nearly as fluid as I expected, for example, when opening a text thread it stutters. That said, I'm not trying to bash. There are many aspects of the phone I do really like. Third android phone. Love the OS. A little frustrated with it at the moment, though.

08-09-2012 03:28 PM
    -Touchwhiz and its's gingerbread-esque folders and menu look.
    -Email client has issues with 3rd party keyboards (been an issue sinec the GS2)
    -Physical buttons - still would have preferred samsung follow google design guidelines and gone with virtual buttons.
    -Bluetooth MAP profile does not play nice with 2010 MyLincoln touch system for text message support or sogn/artist names with Music (may be a limitation on Microsoft Sync though)
    -Samsung antenna's still have some range issues with wifi and cell strength

Aside from that I love the hardware. Screen, while a little oversaturated and not as birght as I would like when outside, is still fantastic overall. Despite what some others have said the phone is well put together. I love the lightness compared to HTC, motorola or apple devices. weight does not equal good construction quality. yes the back is plastic, but there is no give to the plastic anywhere and it just feel like a solid device. Plus it is more comfortable in the hand than any recent apple/motorola device and on par with the OneX if not a little better in my opinion.
    08-09-2012 03:30 PM
    Bugs. Non-functioning calendar reminder, haptic feedback setting doesn't stick, LED doesn't work properly, "the folder is open" announcement with talk back off, MMS issue ("file type not supported"), awful stock browser... To name a few. Also, it is not nearly as fluid as I expected, for example, when opening a text thread it stutters. That said, I'm not trying to bash. There are many aspects of the phone I do really like. Third android phone. Love the OS. A little frustrated with it at the moment, though.

think the talk-back thing is a Light Flow bug if ur using that. ive defo seen it talked about as a bug in an app
    maxmillian1 likes this.
    08-09-2012 03:51 PM
    The worst part about the GSIII are threads like this popping up all over AC
    08-09-2012 03:53 PM
    The worst part about the GSIII are threads like this popping up all over AC
    you have some excelent advice man and i respect that but u come across as very negative and unfriendly why take the time to bump up a thread u dont like lol?
    08-09-2012 04:11 PM
    My year old Bionic had better call reception. Never dropped one call on the Bionic. On this sgs3 every other call gets dropped at some point.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    yah00eu likes this.
    08-09-2012 04:19 PM
    My year old Bionic had better call reception. Never dropped one call on the Bionic. On this sgs3 every other call gets dropped at some point.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Nvr a dropped call for me vzw

MERCDROID and markhallyo like this.
    08-09-2012 05:32 PM
    I find the back button hard to press when using the phone one handed. (Left hand) lol
    bevcraw, alvinx and danny_d19 like this.
    08-09-2012 05:33 PM
    lol i thought the back button at wrong side would bother me but it took like a couple days to get used to it. im right handed though lol but i tend to use both thumbs. they should really have made a setting to swap them since its just software
    08-09-2012 05:36 PM
    After almost a month my gripes:

-App icons stutter sometimes when you return to the home screen (Touchwiz issue)
    -Wish the web browser was as fast as my iPad 3 (but it's not fair to compare it to a tablet)
    -None of the Android e-mail apps are as elegant looking as iOS

I'm hoping the first too get better with the Jelly Bean update. I can live with the third one.
    08-09-2012 05:57 PM
    cant all of those things be fixed with apps though mate?
    08-09-2012 05:58 PM
    cant all of those things be fixed with apps though mate?
    Nope, none of the (available) third party e-mail or web browsers address my complaints. The app stutter is a Touchwiz issue so you'd need to flash a different ROM to get rid of it.
    08-09-2012 06:03 PM
    What don't I like?

The screen doesn't like bright sunlight. At all.

Otherwise no real complaints from me.
    suballstar and MERCDROID like this.
    08-09-2012 07:39 PM
    Bluetooth - when connected to audio out does not work properly.
    USB - no in car audio streaming, which makes me use the audio out in the first place.
    Keyboard - none as good as iPhone. Swiftkey 3 not bad.
    Email - can't find an email app as good as iPhone. Tried several including k9, gmail, stock and inomail.

Otherwise I really like it and am happy with my decision to go with it.

IBOLT car dock solves the bluetooth/audio issue, and more specifically, the cord that comes with it. It's a usb cord that also plugs into the aux port.

yah00eu, MERCDROID and aicirt17 like this.
    08-09-2012 07:50 PM
    I wish there was more granular control over the led indicator - I'd like to be able to automate times for it to be on or off. Also, I don't like the physical home button and I wish it were capacitive. Otherwise, the phone is really awesome.
    21plays and GalaxyOnyxWitch like this.
    08-09-2012 08:34 PM
    yeah even Light Flow is crap. id love a lot more control over the Led but its not really a negative point, more of a lack of positive.... or something lol
    08-09-2012 08:37 PM
    wifi keeps disconnecting/reconnectiong

Otherwise, great phone!!
    08-09-2012 08:40 PM
    The speaker on the back is annoying but otherwise for me its all good,I luv my phone!
    08-09-2012 08:40 PM
    S voice is a pain in the butt, and I can't reliably use hands-free dialing in the car.

Oh, and I wish the Samsung gestures worked more universally. The double tap to scroll up thing would be awesome if it was usable.

Sent from my Galaxy S III via Tapatalk
    08-09-2012 08:44 PM
    Screen is def not gorilla glass. Both my previous HTC phone i used totally not a single blemish on the screen. On the S3 i got a pretty bad scratch that made it look like it was always a wet spot. I never put the screen in pocket with anything else in it, its pretty weak. Phone charging port luckily went bad so i tried to scratch with butter knife and scratched easily, then tried my old htc evo and evo 3d and could not get to scratch! SO, looks like i will have to get screen protector for new phone which i hate!
    08-09-2012 08:48 PM
248 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD