03-31-2013 07:46 PM
31 12
tools
    I agree that no device is perfect and that there is always room for improvement. In addition, if constructive, it gives Samsung a punch list for the GS4.

I thought that it would nice to bring a more positive spin to a device, as someone who is new to Android, that is absolutely fast and performs like a champ.

I will start.

2 GB of RAM
    1.5 Ghz processor
    Expandable memory
    Removeable battery
    Great camera
    Burst shot
    Best shot
    Voice commands
    Smart Stay
    4.8 inch HD display
    7 homescreens
    S Voice
    excellent screen gestures
    Swipe to screenshot
    cover to mute
    call from text messages
    Flipboard
    08-09-2012 09:36 PM
    For me it's not tech specs, it's what the device allows me to do.

For one, I can download new music direct from artist websites and add it to my library without hassle. If a website only supports Flash playback of that song, I can do that too.

So segue to flash, and as much as the iOS folks like to deny it, flash may be dying a slow death, but it's still alive and kicking. i used to have to save these for later when I'm back on my laptop, but with my S3 I can just watch or listen right on the device.

Regular file system and no app silos. what a revelation! i mean who would want to use a single file with multiple applications?! Seriously the iOS app silos are ridiculous. imagine you were at your desk and only some docs show up in your file cabinet. others are permanently attached to your stapler. some are only in your outbox.

how about the ability to set default apps? I replaced the default browser immediately with Chrome. Same for email. Which leads to Android's intents system. Very powerful and extensible.

Let's not forget USB to go which lets me walk around with 144gb (16 internal + 64 micro sd + 64 thumb drive) all in my pocket. I don't actually need all that but it's nice to have and USB to go has already saved me on photo shoots in the field when I had to get a photo to my editor but didn't have my laptop or iPad on me.

Seriously, if people are counting iPads when considering PC market share, they should include smartphones like the S3 because I can do just as much on it. In the end, that's the biggest thing I love about it: it's a PC in my pocket with none of the artificial restrictions of the iOS world.
    sbddude and torch29 like this.
    08-09-2012 10:15 PM
    Everything...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    smooth4lyfe and MBSMD like this.
    08-09-2012 10:24 PM
    I agree with jcp006 and icwhatudidthere. All those features and power. I love the fact that I can stream 1080p MKV files flawlessly at home without converting it to mp4. Or just wirelessly copying the very same MKV file to my 64gb microSD card without attaching it to my computer. The screen makes watching videos, surfing the web, and reading documents so much easier. Playing games are nice too because my thumbs cover a smaller percentage of screen, in comparison to my previous iPhone 4.
    USB OTG is wonderful. And then attaching a hub to include external hard drives, mouse and keyboard is wonderful. (I know I can bluetooth into the phone to use mouse and keyboard as well). With USB OTG, (during vacation) I can copy photos from my camera to an external drive or flash drive as back up in case a camera is lost/ stolen (which has happen before at Beijing).
    All those motion control jcp006 mentioned are awesome. I recently found Wave Control at Play Store so now I can fwd, rwd, play, pause with a wave of my hand while I am in the office or car.
    08-10-2012 12:10 AM
    OK I am new to Android and I LOVE the capisative (no spell check on this machine) buttons. I love the Back button. I love haptic feedback on it haha!

Of course I love the screen real estate. I love how much you can do with even basic functions ie: alarm clock. Compared to iOS, it is a cinch to pick new music, easy to select the alarms, and hell you can even have it wake you with weather, calendar and news!!

I really like the swipe palm across screen for screenshot capture.

I know its more Android, but I love the pull down notification and interaction with bluetooth, wifi etc.

Actually, at first I was rather neutral on the phone. After close to 2 months of use, I am still learning new things and finding things I like with the phone.

I also like how light and slim it is. Oh and yes, I do love the shiny pebble blue colour that pops under the glass.
    08-10-2012 06:29 AM
    Just about everything! I have a few minor complaints but we have too! There isn't any such thing as a perfect device.

Most of all the extra RAM that allows me to multitask rather than crippling the multitasking like HTC did.
    08-10-2012 07:42 AM
    I agree with al the above said!

After a week of having this phone I'm most impressed with the battery life.

I'm not new to android but my last phone was the BB Torch 9800 and coming back to android has been a breeze. This phone so far is borderline perfection for me..

The more I use my phone I love..

the screen
    ringtone loudness
    volume levels are great
    everything runs fast and smooth

I'm still messing with everything..today I'm finally checkn out the camera!
    08-10-2012 08:39 AM
    I like the screen quality and size...

the quality and shutter speed of the camera...

the amount of "horsepower" it has... so the phone runs really smooth

I like the textured look of the front of the phone...

Also the phone just seems to work well overall
    08-10-2012 08:42 AM
    Perfect size.

Pull down menu with wifi, bluetooth, brightness toggles that can be accessed anytime and switched within 1 second.

Everything is laid out so ergonomically perfect.

Multitasking is amazing!

Camera is actually great.

Contrast and saturation of screen is very nice.

Solid and fast connection of Gps.

Removable battery.

Amazing battery life.

Menu button:-)
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    08-10-2012 09:01 AM
    Couldn't have said it better. Keep going with the positive comments.
    08-10-2012 02:02 PM
    I'm completely in love with the screen. So bright, high definition, and simply gorgeous. Really takes a dump on the iPhone screen

I love everything mentioned though.

One thing I live that no one has mentioned yet is the support... Samsung, Sprint, developers, and accessories.

It's Samsung's and sprints flagship device so they have been paying close attention to it. Sprint has updated firmware 3 or 4 times. Samsung is preparing for jelly bean.

Developers are working super fast with roms. Probably more than any other android device other than the nexus.

Accessories are almost up there with the iPhone. There's really a ton of things out there for us gs3 owners.

Glad there's so much support
    08-10-2012 02:42 PM
    in a nut-shell, really powerful so it should be more than capable for the next couple of years, beautiful big screen, and its android. say no more
    08-10-2012 02:51 PM
    ....actualy il show some respect for the software.. i bought it for its hardware but i really love the touchwiz notification bar toggles even if theyr ugly
    08-10-2012 02:57 PM
    I love all of the motion features, and the camera is awesome! I went on vacation recently and used the camera all over the place. The pictures came out with a professional quality to them. It is just an overall great device.
    08-10-2012 03:08 PM
    I love all of the motion features, and the camera is awesome! I went on vacation recently and used the camera all over the place. The pictures came out with a professional quality to them. It is just an overall great device.
    yeah i dont take many pics but its great knowing u have SUCH a quality camera in your pocket at all times if u need it
    08-10-2012 03:14 PM
    Then you have S Beam and DLNA capabilities.
    08-10-2012 08:01 PM
    I've had my Galaxy for about a week and I love it. I jumped off the iPhone 4 train and grabbed a Galaxy. Best decision ever!
    IPhone? What iPhone? Never going back.

michko likes this.
    08-10-2012 08:16 PM
    I want to know how can you watch videos on websites like wshh that ask you to have flash player ?
    10-21-2012 04:14 PM
    Moving up from a non-smartphone, there's so many great things about the S3:

Large display (and still fit in my pocket)
    Super sharp and smooth graphics
    Quite light for its size
    Great camera
    Awesome battery life

Oh and the best part (probably Android in general)... wait for it.... customization!
    10-21-2012 04:46 PM
    big beautiful screen, more than enough power

lmao just realised i repeated myself from ages ago

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-21-2012 05:08 PM
    Screen size, the thin size and the speakers.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm
    10-21-2012 05:23 PM
    speakerS?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    10-21-2012 05:25 PM
    -Great screen size
    -Customizability
    -Great Battery with my extended battery
    -Amazing camera with the screen size... I'm always taking pics now
    -Great audio player with easy music transfers
    -Has torrent!
    -Can download music str8 to my phone
    -Easy to find ring tones I like and set it up easily
    -NFC, hoping I can start using this when ISIS releases

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    10-21-2012 05:30 PM
    That it is not made by Apple :-D

smooth4lyfe and nolittdroid like this.
    10-21-2012 08:21 PM
    speakerS?

Meant speaker. I love the loudness of them. I love listening to Phil Collins and forcing my son to hear good music instead of the rap & bs, that's out. Lol

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm
    10-21-2012 08:26 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD