New to G S3 and Android...

c23rainman

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello, longtime lurker, I'm new to android, and am eagerly awaitimg the arrival of a new G S3 that i won in a contest.

Is there a book that is recommended for those new to android (as I've been on iOS since the smartphone era began) or am I better off playing with the phone and hitting the forum for info?

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Things change too rapidly with Android phones to take the time to compile it for a book. By the time the book was released, it would have to be updated again, maybe even completely rewritten.

The best way to learn Android would be to keep scouring this site and others for info and updates. Other Android sites like phandroid.com or androidpolice.com can also be helpful. Don't be afraid to search through the sites for older info or tips and tricks.

More good forums are rootzwiki.com and xda-developers.com. Rootzwiki is definitely more noob-friendly, but XDA has a lot more information because it's been around longer.

Reactions: c23rainman

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
There is a great two part review on heels and tech.com and a lengthy review on android authority that may help. I am also new to Android.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

Reactions: c23rainman

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't already, quite honestly, a great place to start would be the AC Getting Started Tips & Tricks. It's pretty comprehensive and should get you up & running in Android quickly. (bear in mind that Samsung TouchWiz and/or your specific phone carrier may have slightly modified the UI from default Android OS, but a lot is still applicable.)

Play with the phone, pick an app, go into its settings and just poke around, try this, try that, see if it does what you want. If you find a feature or behavior you don't quite like just search the forums, or the web, almost guaranteed someone has also run across it and there'll be many helpful suggestions to address it.

Have fun & make it your own!:D

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
id say the best way is to first go through all the phones settings and find out what everything does, use the apps that came with the phone (dialer, browser, sms etc) and if theres anythin u dont like, search or ask on here for some good alternatives. forums like this are a really good place to learn coz its a two-way thing and theres people of all levels so u wont be patronised :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995