Quickie-Question regarding Icons and Notifications

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Try WidgetLocker. Yeah it's a Paid App but it makes your Lock Screen as customizable as any other screen in your phone. Worth the $ IMO.

Oh, and it also supports global Badge Notifications (not just SMS / GMail / Missed Calls)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Can you install Widget Locker without rooting? I.e. Is it an app that you install and just put a checkbox next to an option for global badge notifications?

I've been reading that you need to use it with Missed It / Nova Launcher, etc.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Can you install Widget Locker without rooting? I.e. Is it an app that you install and just put a checkbox next to an option for global badge notifications?

I've been reading that you need to use it with Missed It / Nova Launcher, etc.

-You don't need to be rooted
-You don't need Nova - they're independent of each other so you can for example disable Badge Notifications on Nova but keep them on WidgetLocker & vice-versa or have each be a different theme
-You do need Missed It!
-It's not as easy as just putting a checkmark

Here's how--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=199709

Last edited:
Reactions: Nashstruck

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Try WidgetLocker. Yeah it's a Paid App but it makes your Lock Screen as customizable as any other screen in your phone. Worth the $ IMO.

Oh, and it also supports global Badge Notifications (not just SMS / GMail / Missed Calls)

Thanks. You gave me the motivation I needed to actually get it. Always knew it was good but didn't think I needed it since I had go locker but boy oh boy I'm loving it. I'm rooted and have Google now used the jelly bean lock theme, guess who can use Google now with a slide up just like in the jelly bean demo videos? ;)

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. You gave me the motivation I needed to actually get it...

Did you also get "Missed It!" which would enable you to get Badge Notifications (globally for ALL Apps - not just SMS / GMail / Missed Calls like the other "Unread Count"-type Apps) that you can put on WidgetLocker?

If so, awesome! If not that...that can be the next step in customization--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=199709

But yeah, WidgetLocker while it is a Paid App...the amount of freedom & customization it gives you surpasses all other Lock Screen replacement Apps I know of IMO making it more than worth the asking price and has been a staple of all my Android devices for over a year now. Great Dev with great support too.

Last edited:

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Definitely. And I downloaded the nova notifications one. Is missed it better?

On my lock screen I have the
-camera
-Google now
-telsa led
-brightness
-ringer
-dialer
-sms
-unlock

So there's only two things to really get notifications right? Calls and sms?

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Definitely. And I downloaded the nova notifications one. Is missed it better?...

Using "Missed It!" you can get Badge Notifications for every single one of your Apps installed on your phone if you like (and select which ones do / don't display it), not just SMS / GMail / Missed Calls

To find out how, go here--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=199709
If you're having problems setting up global Badge Notifications using Missed It!, WidgetLocker or Nova Launcher please post in that thread.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
think il give widget locker a try. can u change style of clock etc? i like quite a simple lock screen with a wallpaper back ground. using go locker justnow but cant find a theme im happy with

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
think il give widget locker a try. can u change style of clock etc?..

In essence what WidgetLocker does is turns your Lock Screen into another screen on your phone in that anything you can do on another screen in terms of placing Widgets & Apps you can place onto WidgetLocker. Only thing you can't do is put folders.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Using "Missed It!" you can get Badge Notifications for every single one of your Apps installed on your phone if you like (and select which ones do / don't display it), not just SMS / GMail / Missed Calls...

Thanks. Installing it now. You just made my phone a whole lot better.

And funk. Yeah man. It's basically a home screen that you set up as a kick screen. It's awesome. Download whatever clock widget you want and you can put it on there although I kind of like the stock one that comes with the app.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
...il try+find it for free ...

Just a heads up - there are free / pirated versions of WidgetLocker online but he implements pretty secure license-checks from what I call when my friend tried a cracked copy recently.
Also, don't blame me if you buy Missed It! and find out global Badge Notifications don't work on your pirated version...just saying.

IMO for all the functionality it delivers it's definitely worth the asking price.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Lan im having problems with WL mate.. u know the little unlocker u press and the shortcuts appear in a circle.. i cant seem to add more than two shortcuts or actions (i add them in the editor but they dont actualy add) any ideas?

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
...i cant seem to add more than two shortcuts or actions (i add them in the editor but they dont actualy add) any ideas?

You need to click "Done" after you've edited it.
d8da1dc2-137c-c633.jpg
d8da1dc2-138a-6518.jpg

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You need to click "Done" after you've edited it.
Click to view quoted image
Click to view quoted image

thanks man. i was pressing done but it was a beta version. im using a more stable older version now that lets me add shortcuts but it wont let me use launcher themes for the icons. il play with it some more + if i like it il back it up + buy it :)

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
If you go with the current release there's nothing to not like - it's awesome!

Don't blame the App if you're using an old / BETA / cracked version. :p

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
no totaly man i wasnt knocking the app. i just wana try b4 i buy. paying for a good app is well worth it coz u get all the updates :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc