FM Radio?

danster

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Does the S3 have a built in FM radio? I read somewhere that the S3 has a radio tuner to listen to local stations without using data.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Who needs a radio when u can use Pandora or iheart app??? I've never had a phone with a built in radio, so it's a no biggie for me....

sent from my Galaxy Tab 2

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Does the S3 have a built in FM radio? I read somewhere that the S3 has a radio tuner to listen to local stations without using data.

If that is true it doesn't eat any of your data then that's a really useful app. Sometime i find it better to listen to the radio than music.
But can it be confirmed it doesn't eat or data?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the Fm Radio works the same as any cheap radio, its not just an app though, the phone will have to have the hardware in it

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
the FM radio, along with the Wolfson Audio chip were removed from the US version when they decided to use the qualcomm chip. This allows the use of qualcomms LTE radio and WCD9310 audio chip.

The give and take of high speed data...:-\

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the FM radio, along with the Wolfson Audio chip were removed from the US version when they decided to use the qualcomm chip. This allows the use of qualcomms LTE radio and WCD9310 audio chip.

The give and take of high speed data...:-\

what does the Woofson do mate? like what difference does it make?