Can't get over build quality of galaxy s3

SHiFT.

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The nano watch is awesome. People compliment never all the time. I Have a black rubberized band on it. Go with the S3. You definitely won't be dissapoint ed.

I am so close. I just feel like i will reget it if i don't wait to see what the iphone 5 has to offer.

Did u get the rubberized band at the apple store?

SHiFT.

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
My GS3 does not feels cheap at all, I love the materials cuz it keeps it light and the removable battery is a huge plus for me cuz I always carry a spare battery.

I never use a screen protector and I'm no very careful with my phones and I never got any scratch on my GS2 or in my GS3, I think this screen is very scratch resistant, get the Galaxy and you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

No screen protector and your not worried. There is a thread here about how everybody has scratches

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I feel like I'm sponsored by apple. I have MacBook pro, iPad, iPod nano watch, apple tv, iMac and have always had iPhones. I just got rid of my 4S for the S3...it was tough to do. Felt like adultery lol. Never been happier. The droid is so much more customizable. Glaxy Is just an overall more complete and "better" device. Unless the iPhone 5 will drive me to work I'm never going back...

I have like 3 mbp and an 2 ipads for when I DJ people think I'm an apple fanatic and I'm all about apple but I don't really use my apple products other than to DJ I'm all about android and I drought the iPhone 5 will be Anything more than a 4s with a bigger screen.

Sent from my paranoid S3:smokingsomb:

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I had an iphone 4 and i bought a razr maxx. The build quality of the maxx us solid but it does not quite match the iphone. It had its creeks and the vibration had a buzz to it and loose buttons. Like some thing inside the phone was rattling around when the motor would spin. I almost took it back because i thought something was wrong but my wife's maxx and my brother in law's maxx do the same thing. The s3 does not feel like the iphone either the metal and glass just has that substantial feel to it but the s3 still feels solid more so than my maxx. The back snaps on with so many tabs that it does not creek or feel flimsy unless it is removed from the device. When attached it feels very solid. And the vibration is a nice strong sound buzz without any strange resonance. The s3 does feel sleek and high end in hand not to mention once you use it and experience the horsepower this thing has any doubt goes out the window. I like the iphone but the 5 or whatever they call it will have to be one hell of a device for me to consider switching back to apple. I am not a fanboy I use what suits my needs and the s3 does just that. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

C_C0LE

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I am so close. I just feel like i will reget it if i don't wait to see what the iphone 5 has to offer.

That is something I pondered as well, but ultimately it came down to this. iOS 6 did not impress me. I was extremely disappointed with that announcement. The iPhone 5 will probably get hardware exclusive features in its 6, but I felt like none of it would be that big a change. Apple seems to be at a point where they are afraid to do anything truly groundbreaking. Even the leaked hardware looks disappointing. Say what you want about it maybe not being the real deal, I didn't want to wait to find out. The leaks were enough to also bore me on the hardware front. With both software and hardware boring me, I saw no other choice but to switch.

Also, I love having a phone that not everyone has. Most people buy an iPhone because that's the cool thing to do, and it irritates me now more than ever. Didn't mean to go all hipster, anti-mainstream and all, it's just a pet peeve.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
No screen protector and your not worried. There is a thread here about how everybody has scratches

not everyone lol. certain phones seem to be gettin it. i got mine as soon as it was released in the UK (a good while before the US), never had a screen protector on it, the back is scratched and grazed coz i throw the thing around but the screen is honestly flawless. if there was so much as a tiny micro-scratch at certain angles id hold my hands up and be honest but its pristine :)

SHiFT.

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I had an iphone 4 and i bought a razr maxx. The build quality of the maxx us solid but it does not quite match the iphone. It had its creeks and the vibration had a buzz to it and loose buttons. Like some thing inside the phone was rattling around when the motor would spin. I almost took it back because i thought something was wrong but my wife's maxx and my brother in law's maxx do the same thing. The s3 does not feel like the iphone either the metal and glass just has that substantial feel to it but the s3 still feels solid more so than my maxx. The back snaps on with so many tabs that it does not creek or feel flimsy unless it is removed from the device. When attached it feels very solid. And the vibration is a nice strong sound buzz without any strange resonance. The s3 does feel sleek and high end in hand not to mention once you use it and experience the horsepower this thing has any doubt goes out the window. I like the iphone but the 5 or whatever they call it will have to be one hell of a device for me to consider switching back to apple. I am not a fanboy I use what suits my needs and the s3 does just that. I highly recommend it.

I can't believe how many people have switch from iphones to the S3 that is really saying alot actually

C_C0LE

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Also, ever get angry about reloading tabs or apps (like I am on my iPad right now)? Won't even happen with the GS III. Multiple threads open and ever single one has the refresh as I open it, but on my phone they'd open right up. Talk about annoying :mad:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If you get the Defender case, the likelihood of scratches is greatly reduced with GG2 and the screen protector. It will also protect against dings and unexpected falls. Check out the scratch test videos.

SHiFT.

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
That is something I pondered as well, but ultimately it came down to this. iOS 6 did not impress me. I was extremely disappointed with that announcement. The iPhone 5 will probably get hardware exclusive features in its 6, but I felt like none of it would be that big a change. Apple seems to be at a point where they are afraid to do anything truly groundbreaking. Even the leaked hardware looks disappointing. Say what you want about it maybe not being the real deal, I didn't want to wait to find out. The leaks were enough to also bore me on the hardware front. With both software and hardware boring me, I saw no other choice but to switch.

Also, I love having a phone that not everyone has. Most people buy an iPhone because that's the cool thing to do, and it irritates me now more than ever. Didn't mean to go all hipster, anti-mainstream and all, it's just a pet peeve.

I am actually kinda annoyed with it as well.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with the build quality at all.

This argument reminds me of the whole glock vs 1911 debate.

Glocks were plastic pistols and the 1911 guys refused to give them a chance even though they proved to be better guns.

Not it's translated to phones

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

SideKickM24

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I had a iPhone 4, contract was up and as much as I liked my phone, I was ready for a change.
I'm glad I did. I'm really diggin this phone.
I'm big on protecting any phone I have no matter what so I've got a Zagg screen protector on and a Otterbox Commuter being shipped (using a bodyglove case until the commuter gets here). Not crazy about the orange peel feeling of the screen protector, but it will do the job until I find something I like better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG that makes me not miss my iPhone 4

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by SHiFT.<br />
I am so close. I just feel like i will reget it if i don't wait to see what the iphone 5 has to offer.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
That is something I pondered as well, but ultimately it came down to this. iOS 6 did not impress me. I was extremely disappointed with that announcement. The iPhone 5 will probably get hardware exclusive features in its 6, but I felt like none of it would be that big a change. Apple seems to be at a point where they are afraid to do anything truly groundbreaking. Even the leaked hardware looks disappointing. Say what you want about it maybe not being the real deal, I didn't want to wait to find out. The leaks were enough to also bore me on the hardware front. With both software and hardware boring me, I saw no other choice but to switch.<br />
<br />

I hate that most people think iPhone is better my whole family has iPhones and they think their phone is better but still they are like wow with my phones.

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Traded in my iPhone 4s for the S3, loving it so far. I also have an iPad 2, MacBook pro, iPod as well. I went back and forth for about a week, did my research and finally went for it and got the S3. If I didn't like it, I could return it and go back to the iPhone. I love the S3, hell even got money back on Apple Care I bought when the 4s came out too.

As for build quality, I don't see an issue. My 1st iPad 2 had a problem with the screen coming up around the home button, i returned it and got another and no issues since. Sometimes every company has issues with build quality. The only way to really tell if your going to like it is to try it yourself so you can see if it fits your needs and wants. Just do your homework.

C_C0LE

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I hate that most people think iPhone is better my whole family has iPhones and they think their phone is better but still they are like wow with my phones.

Same here, but I recommended they all get iPhones. They're not the tech savviest, and Android would just confuse the hell out of them. My dad especially, who barely understands his iPhone.

Perhaps my biggest annoyance was in Best Buy Mobile the other day when a lady came in and said she was thinking abut upgrading to an iPhone because all her friends have one. The sales rep asked what phone she had and she only called it Android. Those two things just made me boil inside.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Build quality is great on the S3. I have owned many many high end phones and this is the best of them. It is solid, no problems with my screen. I love this phone and Very happy with it.

Apple's opening court statement...
"It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I had an iphone 4 and i bought a razr maxx. The build quality of the maxx us solid but it does not quite match the iphone. It had its creeks and the vibration had a buzz to it and loose buttons. Like some thing inside the phone was rattling around when the motor would spin.

This MAXX user has no idea what you are talking about...loose buttons? None here...motor spin? What are you talking about?... I am here to support what EVERY professional review of the MAXX has stated...the build quality of the phone is tops. Certainly as solid as wife's 4s. If Kevlar, diamond cut steel and gorilla glass are not premium enough go buy a TAGG.

Rant aside if the S3 had been available I would have certainly considered. Its a beautiful screen and you will enjoy it. I personally love the way it feels...

That said don't go knocking the MAXX..op is clearly a fringe opinion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually just held it about 30 minutes ago. It feels so light. I would put an otterbox on it and a zagg invisible shield.

Maybe its the effect that apple has over me. I have a macbook, imac, ipad, appletv and iphone 4 and they all work so well together. I dont know.

Speaking a hardcore Apple fan that owns 2 Macs, Apple TV, every generation of iPhone, and iPad. I will say that Android is NOTHING like iOS. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. Android is far more customizable, and that's good and it's bad. In areas where the device should "just work" it sort of falls short, like the keyboard. Say what you want, but none of the keyboards outside of the stock keyboard(Jellybean) is even close to the level of the iPhone.

Secondarily, for a phone with a 1.5ghz dual core processor, and 2 gigs of ram, there sure is a fair amount of lag. Also having apps time our or randomly freeze is also no bueno.

Keep in mind, there is a slight learning curve. However if you are tech savvy, you should pick it up in no time.

With that being said, the 4.8" Super Amoled HD display is awesome, but strangely not as bright as the iPhones display. The phone while not a 1 handed device, fits nicely in the hand, and is super light. The screen scratches easily, but that's nothing a screen cover won't fix. I think my biggest gripe here is touchwiz. However keep in mind some of the Launchers do an excellent job of hiding it. While customization, and choice is good, certain things like the keyboard(which is essential to interact with the phone) should not be removed. The Samsung variant is absolutely horrible. I wish they at least gave an option to use the stock ICS keyboard. Overall the experience here is positive, but keep in mind the SIII doesn't have Apples level of polish. If you are really on the fence, and deep down don't want to leave the iPhone. I would at least wait for the new iPhone, and then make your decision. I have had no regrets switching over. I've customized my phone the way I like it, and now everything works like a charm.

Sorry for the rant guys, I just thought I'd chime in since I was in the same boat not to long ago.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol