Can't get over build quality of galaxy s3

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
If you get the Defender case, the likelihood of scratches is greatly reduced with GG2 and the screen protector. It will also protect against dings and unexpected falls. Check out the scratch test videos.

I recommend that you check the Acase Superleggera PRO Dual Layer - much cheaper and also very good: Amazon.com: Acase Samsung Galaxy S3 Case - Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection (Black/Black) (Fits AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon): Cell Phones & Accessories, check out some reviews.
Also, the Curved Crystal Protector Screen from Spigen seems to be the best out there. I ordered them, along with a S3 International Version, when everything gets here I will post my personal opinion.

anon(692098)

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I am so close. I just feel like i will reget it if i don't wait to see what the iphone 5 has to offer.

Did u get the rubberized band at the apple store?

Again same boat. A couple of things. First unless Apple has some super sekrit announcements to make we know what iOS6 brings to the table and of the '200 new features' I'm not impress or feel that most of them are deal breakers. Second we are almost certain of the new design, especially now that the resolution has been worked out in the iOS6 VM, are you going to be happy with a marginally larger device? Third, the new dock connector is all but a given so assuming that Apple does release an adapter and it works beyond simply charging the iP5 your almost certainly going to need to buy new accessories, this is mostly moot if you buy an new phone.

So if your still very concerned do this. All the magic eight balls say that the iP5 will be announced on the 12th and released for sale on the 21st. Wait 9-10 more days, buy the GS3, that gives you a month to try out the Galaxy and see, if you hate it, return it and get the iP5.

Sazura65

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
You don't have anything to worry about with the S3 :) I've had mine since launch day, and not only does it feel like a high quality device, I haven't had any scratches or dents at all. This phone is amazing - totally worth it!

akpatel

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I am still on the fence about getting the S3. I currently have an iphone 4 and my contract is up sept first. I have been really looking at the S3. I love android and how customizable it is. The thing i can't get pass is the cheap plastic. The screen scratches easy. Not sure what to do. Is it really that big of a deal. 3 years is a long time

Thanks
SHiFT.

do it. i washed my hands off with apple:). got my S3 loving it.

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat only that my contract has already expired. I dropped my iPhone from 3", yes THREE INCHES!, and shattered the front glass. All phones with glass suffer from breakage and scratching, brand doesn't matter. Apple buys the same glass that Samsung buys, they don't have some RDF proprietary coating that makes it better either, in fact the iPhone 5 will use the exact same glass that the GS3 uses now, Gorilla Glass 2 so if the GS3 scratches easily then so will the iP5 if you think about it.

The other thing to consider is that with the iPhone's steel case acting as the antenna it does introduce the possibility for signal issues -- I never suffered from 'Antennagate' but it was real enough to many.

Have you held the SG3 yet? It's not a poorly constructed device and in the hand you'd be hard pressed to say it's lesser quality.

The iPhone does not have a steel case or antenna. It's aluminum.

C_C0LE

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I would just like to thank everybody for the comments in this thread.

I have order the White 32gb Samsung Galaxy S3. Otterbox Commuter and Zagg Invisible Shield HD

Thanks again
SHiFT.

Welcome to Android :)

Hope you like it, I'd love to hear what you think of it after playing with it some. Every experience is different, just be sure to give it time to set in and dont make any brash decisions.

I'd also like to hear what you think of the Invisible Shield HD. I have the original (Best Buy was out of HD, and I didn't feel like waiting), and always wonder if I should've gone HD.

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I actually just held it about 30 minutes ago. It feels so light. I would put an otterbox on it and a zagg invisible shield.

Maybe its the effect that apple has over me. I have a macbook, imac, ipad, appletv and iphone 4 and they all work so well together. I dont know.

I feel your pain in a way. I came over to a GS3 from iP4 and I had to learn a f**ktonne of new things just to get itunes to play nice with my phone and sync my existing contacts over to google (for which I never had an email acct to begin with).

Try walking into your local Apple store and pulling out your phone. Never felt so guilty :-\ But that'll pass with time.

I had to LOL at the image :D

I am so close. I just feel like i will reget it if i don't wait to see what the iphone 5 has to offer.

Here is the thing. My 2 cents is: wait for the next iPhone. You have practically admitted that you love the eco-system etc. You don't like the current GS3 build form, trust me, I haven't warmed up to it either, HOWEVER the phone works extremely smooth and well. I was ready and willing for the change. It sounds like you are not. You do not sound like you are ready for the leap.

It's almost like quitting smoking, when a person TRULY wants to, then they are ready. To leave Apple's offerings when you feel comfortable there and have doubts is a waste of time and money.

Wait for the next iPhone and if you are not happy with it and then decide to become dedicated to wanting to learn and do a bit of research to make an Android phone your new phone, then I think you will be happy for the switch.

I LOVED my iP4, I just NEEDED a change from the wall of square icons and really wanted to try some of what Android had to offer. To do this, I had to sacrifice the ease of use for iPhone, to learn how to get what I want and need from this phone.

Good luck.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I LOVED my iP4, I just NEEDED a change from the wall of square icons and really wanted to try some of what Android had to offer. To do this, I had to sacrifice the ease of use for iPhone, to learn how to get what I want and need from this phone.

This is the smartest thing I have read coming from a former Apple user. I applaud you just for trying!! Its pretty hard to convey this type of thinking/action/mentality to people who are too comfortable in their complacency. The majority of people are happy being in the matrix!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
This is the smartest thing I have read coming from a former Apple user. I applaud you just for trying!! Its pretty hard to convey this type of thinking/action/mentality to people who are too comfortable in their complacency. The majority of people are happy being in the matrix!

+1

SHiFT.

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I LOVED my iP4, I just NEEDED a change

this is exactly where i am at. I am so tired of it. My dad just got the s3 and loves it. To be honest the build quality has grown on me and i love the customization, its great. Mine should be here on Monday. I have an otterbox commuter and zagg hd shield waiting for it. I loved my iPhone but right now the grass looks greener on the other side.

Thanks for the comments they are great
Cheers
SHiFT.

Last edited:

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I also came from iPhone 4. Left behind ease of use. Messages and email effortless on iPhone. But I am enjoying Galaxy 3S. So far pleased with quality, enhanced by Otterbox Defender. That way both solid and yet still light. Got much more to learn but will keep going. Having fun doing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

MonumentSquare

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious about the build quality myself. I've had this for 2 weeks. Totally love this phone. But the power button seems really loose and overall the body seems not as strong as I would have liked.

I'm probably going to swap it out for new one and see if the power button is just something weird with this particular unit.

The strength of the body probably wouldn't have bothered me that much, had I not held the HTC One X for a couple moments. That thing just feels so solid.

Everyone who's the GS3 longer than 30 days still feel comfortable that it's going to live long and healthy life?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine since June 21st and have had no issues with the power button being loose. No other build quality issues to date. Then again, I have had my GS3 in an OB Defender case since July 21st.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon