Can't get over build quality of galaxy s3

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
You need to use your vocabulary a little better. My opinion on build quality isn't the material but how it is put together. Just because an item is made of plastic doesn't mean it's build quality sucks. For example many DSLR cameras are made of plastic (although hard abs).

Plastic gives flexibility and lightness. If you remove the battery on the S3 it feels like it is 50%+ lighter. This means the phone is built to be light. Technically the iPhone 4 is also plastic except the gorilla glass on the back and face of the phone. The older iPhone's had plastic backs and not much people complained then.

Any screen will scratch, especially if you don't take care of it. You may think you baby your screen, but you might just be imagining that. Purchase a screen protector prior to purchasing the phone. Or install the screen protector before you set up the phone for the first time. You could always use a cover also. You really shouldn't get scratches on a phone's screen unless you keep your keys in the same pocket as your phone (why not just put it in the other one), you use it with dirty hands, and other small things.

If you still are worried about the plastic build, purchase a metal battery cover/casing for the phone, or think of a metal bumper.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ive had mine for 3mmonths and nothing has changed since it came out the box in terms of squeaks, loose buttons, damaged screen.. the battery cover is scratced but thats my own fa fault for throwin it around and i dont really care bout the back. it still clips on nice n firm. the polycarbonate makes it light and shock absorbant. i used to use polycarbonate on the bodys of radio controlled cars as a kid and you could hit a kerb at 30mph and it would just bounce lol (the abs chassis would shatter though lol :)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You need to use your vocabulary a little better. My opinion on build quality isn't the material but how it is put together. Just because an item is made of plastic doesn't mean it's build quality sucks. For example many DSLR cameras are made of plastic (although hard abs).

Plastic gives flexibility and lightness. If you remove the battery on the S3 it feels like it is 50%+ lighter. This means the phone is built to be light. Technically the iPhone 4 is also plastic except the gorilla glass on the back and face of the phone. The older iPhone's had plastic backs and not much people complained then.

Any screen will scratch, especially if you don't take care of it. You may think you baby your screen, but you might just be imagining that. Purchase a screen protector prior to purchasing the phone. Or install the screen protector before you set up the phone for the first time. You could always use a cover also. You really shouldn't get scratches on a phone's screen unless you keep your keys in the same pocket as your phone (why not just put it in the other one), you use it with dirty hands, and other small things.

If you still are worried about the plastic build, purchase a metal battery cover/casing for the phone, or think of a metal bumper.

CORNING? GORILLA? GLASS

Who knows if the iPhone has GG? Corning cannot dislcose it. Why hide the fact that it has it?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
even the GG site is crap lol. i wanted to download that gorilla wallpaper :( and the sound downloads "arent supported on this device :(

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine only problem with build quality is this stupid home button...if your going to have one make it better it seems really loose and feels extremely cheap compared to the rest of the phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
CORNING? GORILLA? GLASS

Who knows if the iPhone has GG? Corning cannot dislcose it. Why hide the fact that it has it?

I thought apple advertised it as gorilla glass/corning when iphone 4 was released.

You can google "iphone corning" and find results that are official and non official news. Even in Steve Jobs biography they talk about corning and how they ended up using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo