I found myself obsessing about battery drain when I had the % listed in the notification bar up top.

I found my phone use was much more enjoyable when I didn't see those 2 digits decreasing.

Am I the only one?

Do I need therapy?

Just curious,
    Mike

PS: Does showing the % in the bar or using power widgets drain the battery faster?
    Kimberly Boals likes this.
    08-12-2012 06:37 AM
    I don't think modern Widgets drain it too bad though you should check the update-frequency of in the Widget's own settings.

If seeing it constantly on-screen bothers you that much though, what you could do is try putting it completely out of your mind by using an App like StatusBar+ that lets you choose what icons you have displayed on the Status Bar and then just put a Widget on your Lock Screen so it's at least visible somewhere.

Here's what that could look like:

StatusBar+--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.wp7bar

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    08-12-2012 06:48 AM
    No i don't get stressed out about the battery percentage. I prefer to see it. It does sound like turning it off is the way to go for you your phone is a toy/tool depending on your needs. It should at least be an enjoyable experience.
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    08-12-2012 07:00 AM
    Excellent Suggestion!

BTW: Are the # missed calls, unread messages, done with that app or something else?

I would like to tweak my lock screen!

Mike
    08-12-2012 07:01 AM
    ...Are the # missed calls, unread messages, done with that app or something else?

I would like to tweak my lock screen!
    The missed count is handled by an App called "Missed It!".
    The text form of it works on all Launchers and any Lock Screen that supports global Widgets.

However, the little red #'s (Badge Notifications) which is also handled by "Missed It!" is currently an exclusive feature of Nova Launcher & WidgetLocker (as such are my favorite Launcher & Lock Screen replacement Apps).

Here's an in-depth guide to get it all working--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=199709
    If you need assistance, feel free to ask in that thread.

For StatusBar+ questions though, ask them here.

08-12-2012 07:10 AM
    I found myself obsessing about battery drain when I had the % listed in the notification bar up top.

I found my phone use was much more enjoyable when I didn't see those 2 digits decreasing.

Am I the only one?

Do I need therapy?

Just curious,
    Mike

PS: Does showing the % in the bar or using power widgets drain the battery faster?
    I have it off but may add it or a widget back, I find the default icon is Dar from accurate. I could be at 40 percent and it tells me I'm 75

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    08-12-2012 07:16 AM

Am I the only one?

Do I need therapy?

Just curious,
    Mike

I feel the same, I'm constantly looking at the battery % and it stresses me out. I think I might need therapy. I see myself doing odds things to try to maximize the battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    08-12-2012 09:00 AM
    Speaking of Neurotic...
    Friday night I went and watched Neurotic a play in their final fair well gig. Drummer GJ, is a good friend of mine...

Battery % doesn't really bother me, just more like watching paint dry.

Apple's opening court statement...
    "It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3
    08-12-2012 09:13 AM
    It stresses me out too. I had the percentage showing for the first two days I had my phone but since I've removed it.

08-12-2012 09:15 AM
    @ OP: How are StatusBar+ & the Lock Screen tweaks coming along for you?

08-12-2012 09:17 AM
    It stresses me out too. I had the percentage showing for the first two days I had my phone but since I've removed it.

It sometimes stresses me out as well. I turn it on when I'm playing with new things - to see if the battery life is significantly impacted mainly. Otherwise I have it off though I do have a battery meter on my lockscreen (via Widget Locker).
    08-12-2012 11:09 AM

Am I the only one?

Do I need therapy?

Just curious,
    Mike

Funny you mentioned that. I installed a % battery widget and felt the same way. Looking at my stock battery with no % doesn't look ominous, but seeing that percentage going down is kind of depressing.

Sent from my Rezound
    08-12-2012 11:14 AM
    I used it for a few weeks to get a general baseline. I recently turned off the percentage because I found myself staring at the number thinking I'm down to this number, I'm down to that number.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-12-2012 11:23 AM
    You don't even know how annoying it is watching the battery % until you have to start watching for THE PLUMMET.
    08-12-2012 11:28 AM
    lol it gives me peace of mind. i even have an extra large one that changes colour. i only worry when its at red
    http://db.tt/zvEjQerY
    08-12-2012 11:45 AM
    Having the battery % is more useful than looking at the battery icon.
    08-12-2012 02:45 PM
    I was a little neurotic the first couple of weeks, but it became apparent that I rarely even get to 50% usage in a normal day, so I don't really worry now.

That said, the battery icon in the nav bar is disingenuously "overconfident" in its reading. Which is a shame. If the icon were close to truthful, I would shut off the percent reading.

-Suntan
    08-12-2012 10:29 PM

Am I the only one?

Do I need therapy?

Just curious,
    Mike

Haha, you dont need therapy bud, i was exactly the same, used to go mad with every % drop!
    08-13-2012 05:36 PM
    I'm the opposite. If it's a vague number or just a graphic I ALWAYS wonder what the actual percentage is... And then that makes me crazy too!
    08-13-2012 07:34 PM
    same lol
    08-13-2012 07:58 PM