Hi all!

New to Android and got myself a Samsung Galaxy S3 on Vodafone Australia.

So far so good! Love the phone. Loving the Android OS.. Also convinced a friend to get herself an S3 instead of waiting for the iPhone 5

Any tips for a newbie? Must knows?

Btw I am a crackberry addict as well and dont see myself giving that up.. Will just add Android to my arsenal..
    08-12-2012 02:13 PM
    Watch your battery life, not as good as BB, but then BB does not do 25% of what this device does.

Look at an alternative keyboard, i like swiftkey
    jho51e likes this.
    08-12-2012 02:16 PM
    Thanks!
    Is there a battery saving something you could recommend?
    I'll try swiftkey.. Is it coz the native keyboard is not so good?
    08-12-2012 02:18 PM
    Thanks!
    Is there a battery saving something you could recommend?
    I'll try swiftkey.. Is it coz the native keyboard is not so good?
    I use Swiftkey. The stock keyboard is fine. It is all about personal preferences. Battery saving apps just take up space. You can long-press the homescreen key to kill any apps that are still running. There are a ton of power saving tips including enabling the Power Save mode. Good to see another RIM immigrant.
    jho51e likes this.
    08-12-2012 03:00 PM
    the main tip is not to use the stock apps like home-screen, sms, dialer, browser, keyboard etc unless ur completely happy with them coz theres 100s of alternatives. youl prob try new things more as u get more used to the phone
    08-12-2012 03:13 PM
    ....and dont try to make it into a big iphone lol
    jho51e likes this.
    08-12-2012 03:16 PM
    Does Swiftkey have a non-english option too? I mean the dictionary? I often send messages inTagalog/Filipino on the std keyboard i only get EN and often have to re-type my tagalog/filipino word..
    08-12-2012 10:16 PM
    I use Swiftkey. The stock keyboard is fine. It is all about personal preferences. Battery saving apps just take up space. You can long-press the homescreen key to kill any apps that are still running. There are a ton of power saving tips including enabling the Power Save mode. Good to see another RIM immigrant.
    Dont think i can give up my BB but dont mind toting 2 devices.. Hahaha!
    I enabled PowerSave and will remember to kill background running apps..
    Does the Swiftkey also do the swipe typing thing? I think that is so cool..
    08-12-2012 10:19 PM
    Dont think i can give up my BB but dont mind toting 2 devices.. Hahaha!
    I enabled PowerSave and will remember to kill background running apps..
    Does the Swiftkey also do the swipe typing thing? I think that is so cool..
    Nope. I really don't miss it.
    08-12-2012 10:31 PM
    iv started to like the powersave toggle too man. when im sat at home i have it off coz it heavily slows down the processor and makes everything ugly but when im out, i dont care how sh1t things look and its fine for txting, calls etc
    08-12-2012 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD