Shadow or dark blob on screen

OpenTrackRacer

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed that there is a dark shadow/blob on my screen that's only visible when the background is very dark. Colors show through fine but when looking at something like a picture it's quite obvious. It's about 1/4" long and half that in height. When scrolling through pictures it's very obvious since the pictures are moving and the blob isn't.

Has anyone else run into something like this with their phone? It sounds like I have a defective screen but before I go though an exchanged I figured it was worth asking.

Thanks!

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that happens sometimes with AMOLED screens. My Galaxy Nexus has that, but it's only visible when I'm in a pitch black room looking at a black screen. You may look into an exchange if you can notice it during normal use however.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: drmaf894c

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
You don't have a defective screen... we all do! :D kidding. Ours something that has to do with the amoled. Ask of them basically have this issue although it's not an issue and some have more blobs than other. It in no way hurts the functionality of the screen. Keep on using your phone mate. No problem here.

Reactions: drmaf894c

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine has none. None of my other 3 had this issue as well. But I know its out there this with type of screen. You can exchange it though if it bothers you to much. Keep in mind you may get one thats worse or in another more annoying spot! Gamble it away if you will!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae