Anti-Samsung Rant By Senior Editor of Apple User Website

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
very true mate. maybe they dont copy by law definitions but they do moraly and i hope that comes back and bites them

They do copy illegally - problem is the legal system is still trying to play catch up to include all the new technologies. I work for a law firm and trust me... they are always trying to decide how to approach these new tech lawsuits and to "understand them" since tech is something outside of their field. Seems like technology litigation these days is still as foreign as space exploration litigation.

Rev.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Complaining that competing products within a particular industry look alike is fruitless. Once you get over the notion that iPhone is somehow special, you realize it's just a product. Walk down the laundry detergent aisle in a grocery store. Somehow, those competing companies get along despite making products with similar packaging, similar additives and dyes, and similar branding.

The best thing I ever read about iPhone (and I wish I could find it) was an editorial describing the author's iPhone obsession. She discovers that she doesn't love her iPhone: it's too cold and ubiquitous and, after a year, irrelevant. She realizes instead that she has a fetish for it.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry.. just because Samsung decided to use a PDMI connector does not mean they copied Apple. The Dell Streak 5 uses PDMI, does that mean Dell copied Apple?

PDMI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"the standard was developed with the input or support of over fifty consumer electronics companies worldwide."

So more than 50 consumer electronic companies world wide are copying Apple's dock connector? Why isn't Apple suing them!?

Samsung *might* have borrowed ideas. So did Apple. Apple's been shamelessly doing it for 30+ years now..

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU[/YT]

Last edited:

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
He even says at the end of the article that he's never considered buying a Samsung device because he already owns a palm pre. That's just ridiculous. To say there's no need for the s3 because it's identical to the pre - when the two share nothing more than a pebble inspired design is just crazy. I suppose the Motorola should sue palm and Samsung for ripping off the pebl series.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
the judge has thrown out the galaxy s in the case against samsung so she obv doesnt see it as copying the iphone :)

whoa whoa whoa..

Judge Koh threw out the international Galaxy S, Galaxy S II, and Galaxy Ace because they were not sold by official vendors in the US, thus are not relevant to Apple vs. Samsung in this country.

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
so are the US variants of those phones still on trial.

It appears so. Samsung's argument was that the case is over US sales, and thus since Samsung doesn't sell the international versions in the USA, they should be excluded from the trial.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
My friend showed me this video from Mitsubishi demonstrating a multi-touch display in 2001 called Diamond Touch. Here's the best part... they said they demonstrated that technology in the prescence of an Apple employee YEARS before the iPhone came out.

I'll try and post the video when I get a chance.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Here's the best part... they said they demonstrated that technology in the prescence of an Apple employee YEARS before the iPhone came out.

Saw that video on Youtube. Yeah it's funny how everytime some company shows something to Apple it winds up being used by Apple - and even worse somehow patented by Apple and then other companies are sued for supposedly stealing *their* technology.

I've had a personal saying for a long time and that saying is "The single worst trait of humanity is hypocrisy" and I still believe that. Apple is literally one of the biggest hypocritical companies on the face of the Earth.

Yes, a lot of companies copy, I don't doubt at all that Samsung took some of the iPhone interface/design aesthetics and incorporated them into their devices, of course they did. Pretty much all companies do. But, Apple is the hypocritical child that stomps it's feet and starts screaming bloody murder when it happens to them.... with the ideas and tech they already copied/stole!!!!

Rev.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Rev buddy, I believe in everything that you just said and I'm 100% with you but if you told this to devout Apple followers, they would crush you with their stares....lol!! Don't you guys know that Apple invented the smartphone!!!! :p

Roberto Lancini

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm shocked Apple is not suing all manufacturers on the basis of creating a phone period, every phone I've owned based on my experience somehow creates an iPhone illusion ....no matter what phone I've owned going back to BB Storm someone has always asked ....is that an iPhone...what the farvfegnugen...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay