Hello:

New to this forum, and first smart phone, and of course first time with Android.

Either I don't know how to search a particular forum, or this issue has not come up. We've had our SGS3's for 7 weeks now, and I find that in the past two weeks I have had the titled error message come up once every few days, and always after restarting the phone. I'd be happy to uninstall the app altogether but it seems to be part of the system?

Any thoughts? I'd really hate to reset to factory.
    08-13-2012 11:57 AM
    Any thoughts? I'd really hate to reset to factory.
    I'm streaming Google Music right now. I use it frequently and I've not had this issue.

I would suggest clearing the application cache first. Go:

Menu>System Settings>Application Manager>Google Play Music

Then click all of them, "Force Stop" then "Uninstall Updates" then "Clear data" then "Clear cache."

You will have to re-download any updates, and any songs you've cached locally to the phone, but it is as close to cleaning out the system as you can get without having to do a full factory reset.

-Suntan
    08-13-2012 12:43 PM
    Worked through procedure you gave me. When I uninstalled updates, it said something like "Replaced with Factory version", or something very near that. Then it returned to the application list where it did not appear anymore. As such, I did not get to clear data or cache. I just restarted the phone and it did not give me the error, so maybe this did fix it. I will report back again if it does not come up for a day or so. Thanks for the tip.
    08-13-2012 12:59 PM
    Nope - happened twice again. Bummer
    08-17-2012 01:03 PM
    if you dont use the app, just disable it.. Application manager, ALL, google music, uninstall updates, disable
    08-17-2012 01:37 PM
    Thanks, I'm giving that a try now. After a while if there is no issue, I will try restarting the phone - that tends to make it come up. Usually about a minute after restart.
    08-20-2012 10:53 AM
    cool let us know mate
    08-20-2012 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD