Conclusion: S3 design is bland

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
It's to me takes the appearance of a kids plastic toy. I'm not saying performance wise its not elite I'm just saying cosmetically it appears of cheap design.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, unless the phone is a pink Hello Kitty phone how does the S3 look unprofessional??

I find it funny and disturbing that the nitpicking has gotten this anal. If one finds the design boring why not have simply bought another device that suits your style requirements better?

Rev.
What I find even more amazing is how much style comes into play according to the discussions here. I use my phone to make calls, text, keep track of my scheduling, etc. I have never felt the need to have it match my socks or anything else as absurd as that. I agree with you completely that if the design is so boring and bothers the owner so much then why purchase the phone to begin with? If you purchase a phone when you KNOW you don't like it then it's only a matter of time before other things about the phone will bother you as well.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It's to me takes the appearance of a kids plastic toy. I'm not saying performance wise its not elite I'm just saying cosmetically it appears of cheap design.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
But you bought it anyway? Personally I don't spend $249 on kids' plastic toys (but we don't have kids so what do I know)... By the way I absolutely disagree with your assessment but that is obviously individual perception. I happen to think the S3 is a pretty damn classy looking device.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
its a very very popular phone (which the rebel in me hates) so no matter how radicle it looked, it would never look unique but the good thing about the popularity is all the accesories. ive got a carbon fibre effect skin ordered and theres some really nice cases :)
It may be a very very popular phone but I've never seen anyone else (yet) with the same case as I have on it so that doesn't bother me. Also, the phone functions and screens are completely personalized so who cares how popular the device itself is? I'm rebellious too but I wouldn't buy an unpopular phone just because of that.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
S3 design is about the best of all high end smart phones. It has curves, some metal design and it is thin as hell!

Apple's opening court statement...
"It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
We I'm one who also thinks that the design is bland and ugly. If were going to list grapes with the design, here are mine:

- Looks like a round blob. I prefer more angled, rectangular looks. I think the One X and iPhone 4/4S looks gorgeous.

- The home button is a poor design and far too low. The Galaxy S/S2 had better home buttons.

- Cheap feeling, plastic body. Doesn't feel like a premium phone.

- Faux metal band across the edge. If you're not going to use metal, don't try to pass it off as metal.

Those are my gripes with it. I think the S2 was a far better design a d would have preferred something closer to that. I'd like Samsung to move away from their cheap feeling love of plastic. I know it's a polycarbonate material, but it feels cheap compared to the Lumia 900/One X.

I guess what I'm trying to say is say it doesn't look and feel like the highest-end phone on the market.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
aw man lol. i thought because it was cold and feels metalic on ma teeth (aye ive bit it) that it was metal. i hate mutton dressed as lamb :(

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
aw man lol. i thought because it was cold and feels metalic on ma teeth (aye ive bit it) that it was metal. i hate mutton dressed as lamb :(

Yeah I'm not a fan of that either.

I really don't get the whole look of the 'pebble blue' phone. The inspiration was all nature and whatnot, but then they have a brushed metal look and a metallic looking band on the phone? wat?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol it is a defo WAT :)
i thought theyd put a "metal" band around it to cure the "samsung feel" a bit but id much rather the materials were more honest. maybe il do same as the dude in "modified s3 looks waaaay better" post and sand off the metal finish. when i saw the pics i assumed it was a dark coloured metal underneath but its obv jst black plastic!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
This phones too round.. This phones too square... This phones too heavy... This phones too plastic. You can't please everyone.

I'll admit I've picked the phone up upside down a few times but that's because it's a symmetrical shape so it's expected... But to actually press the ear piece thinking it's the home button is pretty bad. I also like the brushed metal look of the trim and rather it be plastic over actual metal... But hey, everyone has their own personal tastes and what some may like,.. others may not,,, and that's one of the great things about android, that we have choices.

Reactions: Johnly

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Guess everyone's taste is different. I personally love the design. What you may find bland, I find simple, sleek, and sexy. Love the gentle curvature of the phone.

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
How much more can be done with cell phones as far as styling before they start to look strange?

Personally I prefer the simple design, minimalist style is always easiest on the eyes!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE