So, I have a GT-I9300 for 1 week now and its working just fine, except for one annoying bug. When Im on a home screen different than the main one, and I press the home button, the animation plays at 1-2 FPS. When Im scrolling through menus and screens theres a little bit of stutter, and doesnt respond immediately. The device isnt rooted and the problems occur since I first got it out of the box. I have Mobile Data, Power Saving and Double Tap Home button to access S-voice off, also I am only syncing my Google account. By the way, the lock screen has a little lag too, and no matter how many apps I clear (I only have installed about 10-15 in total) the RAM usage stays at least at 500 MB.

Offtopic: How do I access the alarms, other than through S-Voice?
    Please help!!! Thank you beforehand!!!
    And dont be hard on me, I'm new to Android.
    08-14-2012 07:49 PM
    I have found that power saving mode makes the screen lag a bit. Try turning it off and see if it improves. Mine did.

The ram being used is for the base OS I believe. Mine is around the same with everything closed.

BTW, I have double click to S voice active and I am syncing multiple things. With power saving mode off I don't really notice a lag.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    08-14-2012 10:14 PM
    Sorry, alarms are accessed through the clock app.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    08-14-2012 10:15 PM
    So, I have a GT-I9300 for 1 week now and its working just fine, except for one annoying bug. When Im on a home screen different than the main one, and I press the home button, the animation plays at 1-2 FPS. When Im scrolling through menus and screens theres a little bit of stutter, and doesnt respond immediately. The device isnt rooted and the problems occur since I first got it out of the box. I have Mobile Data, Power Saving and Double Tap Home button to access S-voice off, also I am only syncing my Google account. By the way, the lock screen has a little lag too, and no matter how many apps I clear (I only have installed about 10-15 in total) the RAM usage stays at least at 500 MB.

Offtopic: How do I access the alarms, other than through S-Voice?
    Please help!!! Thank you beforehand!!!
    And dont be hard on me,I'm new to Android.
    ive got the gt-i9300 mate. mine is usualy sitting at 6xx ram. thats totally normal on android. try downloading Quadrant benchmark test app from the play store, run it and tell us what figures u get. like has been said though.. make sure ur not in powersaving mode coz it slows down the processor which makes things pure slow and jaggy
    08-14-2012 10:22 PM
    You can also try turning off these two settings in Settings->Developer Options:
    Window animation scale
    Transition animation scale

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=199441

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    08-14-2012 11:52 PM
    By the way guys, I do have Power Saving off, I mentioned it, but I still get quite a lot of stutter when pressing the home button - the icons load instantly but the transition isn't smooth. I set the animation scales to 0.5x (they were at 1x) and it helped a bit Thanks for that piece of advice By the way chrome and some menus are not very smooth and from time to time chrome scrolls down at 1-3 FPS :X Any tips on fixin' that?

By the way I have the international version (I'm from Bulgaria).
    08-15-2012 08:18 AM
    If your international version is lagging which has twice the gpu power of the us version, you have a defective phone. It should not lag at all, even the dual core version barely lags.
    08-15-2012 08:44 AM
    It isnt it just lags a dbit and blocks while i type sometimes

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    08-15-2012 10:11 AM
    It isnt it just lags a dbit and blocks while i type sometimes

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    Try to find someone else with the phone and play with it, if your is nothing like theirs, then you have a defective unit and exchange it out.
    08-15-2012 10:21 AM
    defo try a Quadrant test man. the international should get well over 5000 total
    08-15-2012 03:20 PM
    defo try a Quadrant test man. the international should get well over 5000 total
    Thank you very much, I got 5240, all other devices can go f*** their Micro-USB slots

By the way that fixed itself (I just rebooted ) but another problem arises - Im just browsing in chrome and i start typing or want to go back, and as soon as I press an button the system blocks and Chrome exits saying that it blocked Help on that please!!!

What about the alarm access I mentioned a few posts above.

Thank you so much guys, for un-noobing me
    08-15-2012 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD