08-21-2012 11:41 AM
94 1234
tools
    While it was widely reported that Flash was only disabled on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, Adobe will disable all new installs of Flash for Android.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    so if we already have flash installed, then itl be cool?
    08-14-2012 11:01 PM
    I really do hope this is true.... I'm already running JB on my Nexus 7 and having it on my S3 would be even sweeter....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    08-14-2012 11:10 PM
    Oh man I hope so I'm so excited for jelly bean! Come on Verizon give it us first

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    08-14-2012 11:11 PM
    so if we already have flash installed, then itl be cool?

Well, adobe flashplayer is still on play store. But...read the description on their product on the attched file

08-14-2012 11:16 PM
    Verizon will see jelly bean update in December.....of 2013 when key lime pie is out.
    You think that soon? I wish I could pay my bill as slow as they send out updates
    Fatasaurus and MERCDROID like this.
    08-14-2012 11:18 PM
    Oh man I hope so I'm so excited for jelly bean! Come on Verizon give it us first

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    I think any upgrade from any carrier depend on their networks, since they need to test the modifications to their network first.

08-14-2012 11:19 PM
    Well, adobe flashplayer is still on play store. But...read the description on their product on the attched file

ah right man. ive heard of plenty work arounds so we'l be fine i remember there was no flash support for defices <arm7 processor but someone made a version that worked on my arm6 zte blade
    08-14-2012 11:19 PM
    Will the Verizon Galaxy Nexus get JB?
    Read here:
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/08...ome-good-news/
    08-14-2012 11:29 PM
    This would be a great Christmas present or even better Halloween!
    08-14-2012 11:44 PM

If you've got flash installed back up the apk. It is being blocked in the market entirely tomorrow. Adobe is calling it quits for mobile flash for good.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/adobe-...orrow#comments
    http://phandroid.com/2012/08/14/the-...eal-this-time/

Ive a few differnt builds backed up since some work better then others on varying devices with varying Roms.
    08-14-2012 11:45 PM
    I hope its true but I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. No trolling, I'm just not optimistic about Samsungs ability to bring project butter and touchwiz together in a timely manner. I can only base this opinion on my experience with the Galaxy SII ET4G and zero technical expertise.

Signed
    Completely uneducated observer
    08-14-2012 11:49 PM
    If someone can PLEASE answer this question for me I would really appreciate it. I recently rooted my S3 so I can download and use rooted apps. I also changed my battery and wifi icons to look like ICS's icons (the blue ones) and removed some the samsung applications with root uninstaller. Will updating to Jellybean ruin my phone or something? Would I need to re-root my phone after installing it when its released?
    08-14-2012 11:51 PM
    Just hope it actually gets here before Christmas for us Sprint users

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    I work for Sprint and I think you're right it will be a LOOOOONG time b4 Sprint gets it

08-14-2012 11:56 PM
    Seems to me tmo tends to release fairly fast.... Should be fun anyway...

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    08-15-2012 12:26 AM
    Will the Verizon Galaxy Nexus get JB?
    you are aware that the Verizon Galaxy Nexus has the word "Nexus" in the name right?
    djdosage likes this.
    08-15-2012 12:42 AM
    If you are rooted you can put the flash APK in Jelly Bean?
    08-15-2012 12:51 AM
    You are right not that we deserve it before anyone else but at least at par with you guys =)
    08-15-2012 01:09 AM
    I have been a Verizon customer long enough to realize that JB will be released when Verizon is good and ready. Hopefully, that is sooner rather than later but I agree with others that realistically, it may not happen before the end of the year.

Now, if Samsung and Google were smart, they would pressure the carriers to get it out for the S3s by the time the new iPhone is released. That would make the S3 even better competition for the iPhone. That only works however if JB on the S3 is not full of bugs/problems.
    08-15-2012 08:11 AM
    If someone can PLEASE answer this question for me I would really appreciate it. I recently rooted my S3 so I can download and use rooted apps. I also changed my battery and wifi icons to look like ICS's icons (the blue ones) and removed some the samsung applications with root uninstaller. Will updating to Jellybean ruin my phone or something? Would I need to re-root my phone after installing it when its released?
    Honestly, your best bet to keep root and update to JB is just to wait for a dev to push out a version of the updated TW JB ROM with root. Since you've removed some apps and modified your systemui.apk, trying to update to the OTA wouldn't be a good idea. I also hope that you've installed a recovery that will block an OTA.
    08-15-2012 08:26 AM
    Sounds like you will not be able to get the OTA from Samsung. The OTA will look for stock recovery and your removing the Sammy apps might prevent an OTA from installing properly. However I'm sure you will have some other options available shortly after the OTA hits. Development on this phone, as long as you're not on Verizon, is huge.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III.
    08-15-2012 08:29 AM
    Do you think Verizon would actually release that soon?!? That would be GREAT!!!! :-/ <laced with major sarcasm> ! ! ! !
    08-15-2012 09:00 AM
    Great news!! Very fast at this time. Hopefully not be 2 or 3 updates in one day because they forgot something. Well done samsung!
    08-15-2012 09:47 AM

lol we'll get it before Verizon. From what I am seeing Sprint is usually quick with updates because they leave a lot of stuff stock. Just different radios.
    08-15-2012 10:05 AM
    Don't want it! No flash! Stupid Apple and their HTML5 crap! I'm not going to change my phone to please the late Steve Jobs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    08-15-2012 10:10 AM

Amen!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    08-15-2012 10:32 AM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD