08-21-2012 10:41 AM
94 1234
tools
    Sounds like you will not be able to get the OTA from Samsung. The OTA will look for stock recovery and your removing the Sammy apps might prevent an OTA from installing properly. However I'm sure you will have some other options available shortly after the OTA hits. Development on this phone, as long as you're not on Verizon, is huge.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3.
    Oh great, i feel like i really screwed things up. I'm sure there are plenty of users who done this same thing as me. I'm very new to android so I'm learning as much as I can. You are store developers are going to release version for rooted phones? I dont want any of my apps or files removed in this process.
    08-15-2012 09:45 AM
    If someone can PLEASE answer this question for me I would really appreciate it. I recently rooted my S3 so I can download and use rooted apps. I also changed my battery and wifi icons to look like ICS's icons (the blue ones) and removed some the samsung applications with root uninstaller. Will updating to Jellybean ruin my phone or something? Would I need to re-root my phone after installing it when its released?
    1. If you got OTA update, you must unroot to install the update
    2. You can go back to stock by flashing the stock Rom via Odin, then full format to delete any trace from older files. Now you can get the ota and install it with out problem.
    3. You can wait for the Stock JB rom, install it as in no 2.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    08-15-2012 09:52 AM
    Honestly, your best bet to keep root and update to JB is just to wait for a dev to push out a version of the updated TW JB ROM with root. Since you've removed some apps and modified your systemui.apk, trying to update to the OTA wouldn't be a good idea. I also hope that you've installed a recovery that will block an OTA.
    When a dev pushes out the updated TW (not sure what TW means) JB ROM how will that be different compare to how samsung does it? Will it remove all my apps and personal information?Or is it like upgrading a operating system like windows? Also would there version of JB be like a stock rom or like Samsung with touch wize. I still want my camera to work as well as wifi. I heard from other thread they dont seem to work when updating roms?
    08-15-2012 10:12 AM
    1. If you got OTA update, you must unroot to install the update
    2. You can go back to stock by flashing the stock Rom via Odin, then full format to delete any trace from older files. Now you can get the ota and install it with out problem.
    3. You can wait for the Stock JB rom, install it as in no 2.

Okay from the sounds of it... I rather not unroot. I rather keep all my current information. Whats the best option for that?
    08-15-2012 10:14 AM
    So that means that Verizon will get it around December or January.
    Just hope it actually gets here before Christmas for us Sprint users
    AT&T will probably get it much later...say December or January...I can wait as I am still new to Android.
    Haha! Gotta love it, everyone es that they think THEIR carrier will get it later than everyone else.
    08-15-2012 10:46 AM
    Just curious on the Flash issue. My experience is that many sites while not using Flash automation still use Flash Video. Will the video players still be able to play FLV files without Flash installed? One reason I ask is that I have captured a large number of Webinars from Topaz and NIK which are saved as FLV. I guess I could get a video file converter and create new files with a non-Flash format but it would seem to me that as long as the Codec is still out there the video players should be able to play FLV files (me being lazy and not wanting to have to do all the conversion). Another reason is that the video capture software I use will capture the video in whatever format the site renders it as and the vast majority are still FLV, I guess just to spite the ghost of Steve Jobs... Heck I just a couple of weeks ago tried to view a clip on the CBS site from the show Person of Interest and Chrome on my S3 could not handle it due to Flash. I guess I understand where Adobe is coming from it is just that the web is really not ready for no Flash.

Anyone know the details on this?
    08-15-2012 10:49 AM
    Hope it corrects my GS3 problems (FB site freezes, notification counter problem, improve this bad battery life)
    08-15-2012 11:02 AM
    Okay from the sounds of it... I rather not unroot. I rather keep all my current information. Whats the best option for that?
    All are the same. Just wait for the update to come, flash it via Odin then berform full format and enjoy the JB taste...
    Still i prefer the Ota.....

08-15-2012 11:27 AM
    Hope it corrects my GS3 problems (FB site freezes, notification counter problem, improve this bad battery life)
    The new update I9300XXLH1 fix the battery issue. For facebook, just uninstall it then install again and dont sync contacts....

08-15-2012 11:31 AM
    Hell, I would be happy just to get the update that the i9300 users got that put brightness adjustment in the slide down menu tab....
    MrSlippery519 and Splange like this.
    08-15-2012 12:37 PM
    08-15-2012 07:37 PM
    The new update I9300XXLH1 fix the battery issue. For facebook, just uninstall it then install again and dont sync contacts....
    Just curious, what kind of battery issue I9300XXLH1 is trying to fix? I installed it yesterday, but haven't noticed anything really different.

EDIT: my apology if this seems off topic, maybe another thread is needed.
    08-15-2012 07:59 PM
    Just curious, what kind of battery issue I9300XXLH1 is trying to fix? I installed it yesterday, but haven't noticed anything really different.
    yeah i havent noticed a difference but i think certain gt-i9300 had a battery problem and this was a fix
    08-15-2012 08:00 PM

i started a gt-i9300 thread btw m8
    08-15-2012 08:02 PM
    Saw it in the AC post. Very interesting. Didn't really see any speed improvements. Seemed like the app drawer opened extremely fast but other than that not much.
    08-15-2012 08:16 PM
    yeah. and in that article theyre surprised by the brightnes slider which i thought most s3s had now. i suppose its a bit much to expect project butter to speed up the s3 much but im lookin forward to Now and the new notifiations
    08-15-2012 08:21 PM
    yeah. and in that article theyre surprised by the brightnes slider which i thought most s3s had now. i suppose its a bit much to expect project butter to speed up the s3 much but im lookin forward to Now and the new notifiations
    same here. Google now is awesome. I love just showing it off. Haha. And the notification me too although I'm not sure what to suspect. I hope they get rid of the on going section. I hate looking at Avast and lookout icons 24/7 you should be able to make them disappear.
    08-15-2012 10:27 PM
    yeah i hate that too man. aparently the dev's cant do anythin about it on ICS but hopefuly with JB
    08-15-2012 10:31 PM
    What does this improve upon ICS?
    08-15-2012 11:10 PM

This was reported by sammobile here

http://www.sammobile.com/2012/08/09/...battery-drain/

yeah i havent noticed a difference but i think certain gt-i9300 had a battery problem and this was a fix

i started a gt-i9300 thread btw m8

08-16-2012 01:19 AM
    Regarding the icons in drop down menu from the status bar...

In the video, I see a steering wheel icon next to the Airplane Mode icon for, what I assume to be, Driving Mode.

My question is: Is this a Google feature coming with Jelly Bean, or am I supposed to have this already as an S3 feature?

Obviously, I'm asking b/c I don't have it. I'm running stock on the Sprint S3.

If it's supposed to be available to me now on ICS, how do I add the icon to the drop down menu?

Thank you.
    08-16-2012 07:30 AM
    Regarding the icons in drop down menu from the status bar...

In the video, I see a steering wheel icon next to the Airplane Mode icon for, what I assume to be, Driving Mode.

My question is: Is this a Google feature coming with Jelly Bean, or am I supposed to have this already as an S3 feature?

Obviously, I'm asking b/c I don't have it. I'm running stock on the Sprint S3.

If it's supposed to be available to me now on ICS, how do I add the icon to the drop down menu?

Thank you.
    on my gt-i9300 i have the toggle for driving mode but not flight mode. maybe its an international thing
    08-16-2012 12:50 PM
    on my gt-i9300 i have the toggle for driving mode but not flight mode. maybe its an international thing
    It may very well be. Thank you for your response.
    08-16-2012 12:53 PM
    WHAT does this improve upon from ICS?
    08-16-2012 05:44 PM
    check out Google IO 2012 Keynotes on youtube mate
    08-16-2012 05:46 PM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD