08-21-2012 10:41 AM
94 ... 234
tools
    Sounds like you will not be able to get the OTA from Samsung. The OTA will look for stock recovery and your removing the Sammy apps might prevent an OTA from installing properly. However I'm sure you will have some other options available shortly after the OTA hits. Development on this phone, as long as you're not on Verizon, is huge.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III.
    Even on Verizon... The bootloader is now unlockable on Verizon(proof in it self) and development is gonna be huge for the largest carrier with the top selling android period..

Sent from my GS3....
    08-17-2012 11:30 AM
    WHAT does this improve upon from ICS?
    The website www.sammobile.com has listed some of the changes it has noticed in the new Android version. These include a new clock in the notification bar, as found in vanilla Jelly Bean. The Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean update also comes with new wallpapers and the ability to initiate a screenshot through a palm swipe gesture.

Most importanly of all, theres now access to the Google Now tool through the Google Search widget. Google Now is a personalised search tool that learns from your general usage behaviour and makes intelligent assumptions when dealing with map locations, calendar appointments and - of course - search queries. Its built into Jelly Bean, and hence made its debut on the Google Nexus 7.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    08-19-2012 01:39 AM
    the s3 has palm-swipe to screenshot justnow mate
    08-19-2012 02:01 PM
    the s3 has palm-swipe to screenshot justnow mate
    Yes, my mistake. Thanks...

08-19-2012 02:38 PM
    no problem man
    08-19-2012 02:46 PM
    All JB features

http://m.blogs.cio.com/operating-sys...ac.LOleDt1fsQY
    08-19-2012 02:58 PM
    Just curious on the Flash issue. My experience is that many sites while not using Flash automation still use Flash Video. Will the video players still be able to play FLV files without Flash installed? One reason I ask is that I have captured a large number of Webinars from Topaz and NIK which are saved as FLV. I guess I could get a video file converter and create new files with a non-Flash format but it would seem to me that as long as the Codec is still out there the video players should be able to play FLV files (me being lazy and not wanting to have to do all the conversion). Another reason is that the video capture software I use will capture the video in whatever format the site renders it as and the vast majority are still FLV, I guess just to spite the ghost of Steve Jobs... Heck I just a couple of weeks ago tried to view a clip on the CBS site from the show Person of Interest and Chrome on my S3 could not handle it due to Flash. I guess I understand where Adobe is coming from it is just that the web is really not ready for no Flash.

Anyone know the details on this?
    Same here i dont have the flash player. I cant watch hulu, will all websites eventually switch from flash to a video the s3 can play? Or will i have to completely dl a flash app?
    08-19-2012 03:30 PM
    well the BBC are working on a non flash version of their iPlayer app so hopefuly everything will move in that direction. i just wish adobe had stopped supporting pc as well to speed things up. remember u can still sideload flash though. its not gone yet
    08-19-2012 03:48 PM
    Same here i dont have the flash player. I cant watch hulu, will all websites eventually switch from flash to a video the s3 can play? Or will i have to completely dl a flash app?
    Read this guide

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1774336
    08-19-2012 04:01 PM
    I just listened to this week's podcast where they discussed the issue and Jerry (who has been pretty much anti-Flash in the past) even admitted that the internet is not ready for no Flash support. Heck AndroidCentral.com has plenty of Flash in it. Jerry's take (and being a developer I agree) is that Adobe made the toolset to allow devs to create Flash content quickly and deploy it even faster. Until someone does something like that with HTML5 there will be a lot of Flash content on the web especially ads. Now we may not find the Ad issue a problem, I can assure you that the Android Central folk do find it to be a problem. Especially if they can't make payroll someday due to advertisers dropping out due to inability to get their message out to the mobile user.

Myself, I have a boat load of FLV webinars that I won't be able to view once JB hits the S3. I will just have to see what happens and how much it irritates me and then eventually invest in a video converter. Many sites I see the latest versions of their archived videos are not MP4 format but they will not go back and convert their historical archives. One would hope that an FLV Codec would work in one of the video players but until JB ships on the S3 we will not know.

Mike
    08-19-2012 04:05 PM
    yeah i listned to the podcast lastnight. its like how they say it. we have to suffer for a while in the name of progress
    08-19-2012 04:31 PM
    yeah i listned to the podcast lastnight. its like how they say it. we have to suffer for a while in the name of progress
    I guess I could be like the people on here returning a phone because they found the screen transitions to be a bit laggy and say I refuse to not be able to use the web because of this!!!

Actually I understand where they are coming from but if Jobs and the i crowd did not get them to significantly change the web in the past 5 years I don't hold much hope of it immediately transforming in the next 12 months. But as Jerry said until the dev tools for HTML5 match the tools for Flash we will NOT see significant change. Not to mention the desktop issue...

Mike
    08-19-2012 04:45 PM
    i gota admit that Jobs did us a bit of a favour by getting the ball rolling and using mobile devices is becoming a major way of people accessing the net so the web designers/advertisers will have to get their finger out so that they catch the non-tech savvy who dont know how to sideload flash with their advertising
    08-19-2012 04:51 PM
    ps remember that while the iphone is really popular/common, i think its only in the US that its so big
    08-19-2012 04:55 PM
    So far, the only update that I have done OTA is the AT&T update that affected universal search and the LTE radio.

Assuming AT&T releases a JB update, will it be OTA and include all the TouchWiz improvements from Samsung?
    08-19-2012 05:35 PM
    Will universal search return with the AT&T JB update?
    08-19-2012 05:35 PM
    Will universal search return with the AT&T JB update?
    as far as i know universal search is history in the US now mate. i think the latest Verison (or one of the carriers) updates also removes it.
    Google Gesture Search is the best work-around ive heard of. its free on play store and its actualy quite good. dont think it has voice search though
    08-19-2012 05:42 PM
    08-19-2012 06:55 PM
    flash gonna be supported on jelly bean
    08-21-2012 10:41 AM
94 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD