Help with a bug: unlock screen partially shown

hp10BII

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Having this problem on a daily basis and wondering anyone experiences it.

When unlocking and about to input the 4 digit pin, the the screen is partially shown so I can't access the entire numbers. Will post a screenshot soon. Edit can't upload photo directly from s3 to forum.

Only way to fix is to either restart device or remove the pin unlock security.

Last edited:

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Having this problem on a daily basis and wondering anyone experiences it.

When unlocking and about to input the 4 digit pin, the the screen is partially shown so I can't access the entire numbers. Will post a screenshot soon. Edit can't upload photo directly from s3 to forum.

Only way to fix is to either restart device or remove the pin unlock security.

I had the same problem, but I only had to re-lock the phone and unlock it again, rather than fully restarting it. Did you try that?

It hasn't happened in a while, never found out what caused it though.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

hp10BII

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem, but I only had to re-lock the phone and unlock it again, rather than fully restarting it. Did you try that?

It hasn't happened in a while, never found out what caused it though.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

I tried that but it is in the same state. Man this is getting frustrating when it is happening once every two days now.

Hope the 4.1 OS will fix this bug.

dvanbru

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
One of my end-users is having this same exact issue, but on a completely different phone (Casio G'Zone Commando) and obviously a different OS (Android 2.3.3). Did you ever find anything that helped you resolve it? I had the carrier replace the phone because it had just received an OTA update when the problem showed up. Now the refurb is doing the same thing! Any help would be awesome.