Anyone know where I can get a speaker housing. I kind of dented the outside grill of my S3 by having my headsets in my pocket with my phone. I looked at a disassembly video and noticed that its a housing that its attached to. Its not affecting the sound at all but its affecting my peace of mind. Anyone know where I can get OEM parts for the S3?
    08-15-2012 09:08 PM
    sorry i dont know mate but HOW did u manage to dent it lol?
    08-15-2012 09:25 PM
    sorry i dont know mate but HOW did u manage to dent it lol?
    I'm sitting here in class playing and looking at my phone and noticed it. I just came back from Vegas and I was carrying my small gym headsets in the same pocket as my phone while I was there. I should of kept the phone right side up rather than upside down. The best part is that I HAVE A CASE on it!!! lol!! I'll take a picture when I get home so you guys can see it. Unbelievable!!
    08-15-2012 09:44 PM
    lol. it looks quite tough as well
    08-15-2012 10:16 PM
    So now my S3 isn't so perfect anymore. Small blemish that adds character I suppose but.....it bothers me and I want to get it fixed!!

The culprit!!
    08-15-2012 11:19 PM
    lol nice one wonder if theres any cases with a grille over the speaker..
    08-15-2012 11:28 PM
    Lol fail. It's not that bad man. I wouldn't fool with it if I were you. What happens if you can't fix it? Or worse screw it up some more. Lol. Who looks at the back of the phone anyway especially in a car . Keep the dent. If someone takes it you can always prove its yours
    08-15-2012 11:31 PM
    yeah its something i would just leave tbh. the front of my s3 is perfect but the back is all scratched and i dnt care
    08-15-2012 11:34 PM
    Lol fail. It's not that bad man. I wouldn't fool with it if I were you. What happens if you can't fix it? Or worse screw it up some more. Lol. Who looks at the back of the phone anyway especially in a car . Keep the dent. If someone takes it you can always prove its yours
    I've been looking at a and it doesn't look too difficult. Pretty cool to watch! My only problem would be getting a good spare speaker assembly that would match the original. Do I really want to do this.....not really, lol! I'm just going to have to suck it up and deal with it!
    08-15-2012 11:51 PM
    yeah man-up mate
    08-15-2012 11:56 PM
    ....gona watch that vid once the Mrs is sleepin. (my sad geeky pleasures lol)
    08-15-2012 11:57 PM
    Video was pretty cool man. Made me start thinking what if our phones were like legos and we could move pieces around and design it to our liking. Like if someone a real photographer and didn't need a camera they could remove the camera pieces and just have a slimmer phone or get a bigger battery it something

I see what you're saying about the speaker. Not sure but do you think funny units have a real speaker? You might can buy one of those and take the speaker from there although I doubt it would work. Just a thought
    08-16-2012 12:12 AM
    Spoke to Samsumg customer service and its going back for repair this Saturday, lol. They made it pretty easy. Its going to cost me though
    08-16-2012 10:26 AM
    how much mate?
    08-16-2012 01:43 PM
    how much mate?
    Well she said that any type of repair usually starts at $70 but that they would call me once they have the phone and access the situation. So its my understanding that they will call me before they fix it to let me know what needs to be done and how much so they can charge my credit card. I've been thinking if I do it myself it wouldn't cost me more than $20. The piece that I need is here..... OEM Original Samsung I9300 Galaxy S3 S 3 Loud Buzzer Ringer Speaker Flex Cable ...... and I would also need this..... Dynamite Screwdriver: #00 Phillips. My ONLY concern is that the speaker housing from ebay is of "cheaper" quality than Samsungs parts. I'm just wondering if they are the same or different quality. Decisions, decisions!!
    08-16-2012 01:53 PM
    And I have to let you guys know that I'm quite efficient and proficient at fixing electronics. Been doing it since I was a kid really. I'm very good at soldering too! This would be a walk in the part for me. Its not the labor that worries me but the quality of the part that I would be getting from ebay
    08-16-2012 01:57 PM
    hmm if i was u id defo do it myself mate. cant u just order original parts from samsung? repair shops must get them from somewhere
    08-16-2012 02:26 PM
    hmm if i was u id defo do it myself mate. cant u just order original parts from samsung? repair shops must get them from somewhere
    Yeah I'm thinking about doing myself as well. I asked Samsung if they could send me or sell me the part but they said that they don't do that. Samsung must buy the parts from someone/somewhere so I hope that I'm getting the same or equivalent part! If worse case senerio, if the part I get sounds bad, I'll exchange it for another since thats all they can do for me. I'll still end up saving money and having my phone on me rather than sending it through the courier system.
    08-16-2012 02:34 PM
    is there any way to just replace the metal grille part or does it have to be the whole unit? havent watched the vid yet lol
    08-16-2012 02:40 PM
    I would probably just take a small pin and bend the tip. Then place the pin in the hole and gently pull the dent out.
    08-16-2012 02:50 PM
    I would probably just take a small pin and bend the tip. Then place the pin in the hole and gently pull the dent out.
    good idea man or a small fish hook bent straight so the barb catches
    08-16-2012 02:59 PM
    Good idea! Thanks!

I would have to be careful though not to go too much in risking puncturing the small speaker inside. I see a lot of sweating involved here, lol!
    08-16-2012 03:06 PM
    is there any way to just replace the metal grille part or does it have to be the whole unit? havent watched the vid yet lol
    I'm not sure but I think it would be harder or probably damage the speaker since it looks like its part of the entire speaker unit. I would most likely end up cracking and/or breaking things to take the grill out. Besides, replacing the whole unit would be easier. If I could replace the grill, I would though!
    08-16-2012 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD