Case for garnet red

Red Android

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have a garnet red S3 (my first smartphone). I tried getting a candyshell case and apparently the case won't fit the garnet red. Customer service told me that the garnet red buttons dimensions are off from the blue and white. Which makes me think if there is any case that would fit the garnet red, since the garnet red has differenet dimensions than the white and blue ones.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
wow i hadnt heard that!! i seriously think theyr talkin crap lol il have to look at a pic but samsung did really well to keep ALL the s3s in every country on every carrier identical

Red Android

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
wow i hadnt heard that!! i seriously think theyr talkin crap lol il have to look at a pic but samsung did really well to keep ALL the s3s in every country on every carrier identical

I thought the same thing, only difference between three S3 should only be the color.

I have the Speck Candyshell for my garnet red and it fits perfectly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

If you go on the Speck official website, the candyshell detail actually saids "◦Fits all Samsung Galaxy S III (does not fit AT&T's Garnet Red version)"

Not to mention I emailed the speck customer service as to why the candyshell wouldn't fit the garnet red and this is what they replied with:
"Im 100% sure about this, the dimensions and buttons are slightly different dimensions from the other phones. Not sure why, but they are! Hopefully we will have some cases soon."

But if your candyshell speck fits your garnet red, I'll take a chance and order one.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
id order one and return it if it doesnt fit. imagine how much it would cost samsung to make a phone with different button layout from the rest lol ;)

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's odd. I bought mine at the AT&T store when I got my phone. They put the case on for me and I've taken it off and put it back on a couple of times. All ports show perfectly. Not sure why they're saying it doesn't fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

SideKickM24

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
That's really odd that the case won't fit the Garnet. I also saw that the Candyshell specifically says it won't fit, glad I didn't buy one.
I've got the Otter Box commuter in black and it looks darned sexy on the Garnet lol
Still browsing for a couple other cases to switch things up a bit from time to time though.

Red Android

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
That's really odd that the case won't fit the Garnet. I also saw that the Candyshell specifically says it won't fit, glad I didn't buy one.
I've got the Otter Box commuter in black and it looks darned sexy on the Garnet lol
Still browsing for a couple other cases to switch things up a bit from time to time though.

The commuter is another one of my case choice. But heres the thing, if the commuter can fit the garnet red, shouldnt the candyshell fit as well? Its not as if the commuter is really loose compared to the candyshell.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The commuter is another one of my case choice. But heres the thing, if the commuter can fit the garnet red, shouldnt the candyshell fit as well? Its not as if the commuter is really loose compared to the candyshell.

Rugged case beats bumper or snap on anytime.