The SGS3 is featured to have a 'curved glass' display? What does this mean?

I know the Nexus S has a concave curve from top to bottom, I do not see that on the GS3, how is it curved?

Thanks!
    08-15-2012 09:09 PM
    I know the sides are curved.
    08-15-2012 09:11 PM
    yeah around the edges of the screen, it curves into the bezel. its not like the galaxy nexus
    gadgetman#CB likes this.
    08-15-2012 09:14 PM
    Curved edges

Apple's opening court statement...
    "It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3
    08-15-2012 09:14 PM
    The SGS3 is featured to have a 'curved glass' display? What does this mean?

I know the Nexus S has a concave curve from top to bottom, I do not see that on the GS3, how is it curved?

Thanks!
    LOL! I was wondering this myself! I was expecting if you look closely the phone has a gentle banana phone kinda curve, but no such luck!

Also, people keep talking about the screen being of blue tint, should I assume they mean when the device is off? Or is there some sort of wierd blue-ish hue that I am not seeing when the device is on?
    08-16-2012 07:03 AM
    Also, people keep talking about the screen being of blue tint, should I assume they mean when the device is off? Or is there some sort of wierd blue-ish hue that I am not seeing when the device is on?
    The bluish tint is when viewing whites from side angles. You really don't see it because you are using the device face on, but people to the sides of you seeing white webpages (for example) it will have a slight bluish tint. It's not that bad at all. Some older Samsungs I see people with on the train have a serious blue color when viewed from the side, alway been a major turn off for me, but again... it's not bad at all on the S3, just very slight.

Rev.
    08-16-2012 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD