12-24-2012 12:59 PM
308 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Guess you missed providing any proof what so ever that the owners manual says anything about burn in or warranty return for burn in. Have you seen it? I looked at the Verizon S III owners manual (the latest manual) and there is no mention of burn in screen image retention or anything similar. The warranty information says nothing about the above and has no information about returning the device for a burned in screen. Your fail trail is getting longer.
    While warranties/contracts like to get specific, I highly doubt it would include specific stuff like burn-in (aside from liquid damage, obviously). More than likely that's presumed/implied by general terms.

Of course, having not seen it, I could be wrong. But I do know a thing or 6 about reading contracts .
    Johnly likes this.
    08-17-2012 11:01 AM
    While warranties/contracts like to get specific, I highly doubt it would include specific stuff like burn-in (aside from liquid damage, obviously). More than likely that's presumed/implied by general terms.

Of course, having not seen it, I could be wrong. But I do know a thing or 6 about reading contracts .
    Kevin O'Quinn cited screen burn in as a Galaxy S III flaw. He provided a site that claimed Samsung acknowledged their responsibility for screen burn in and would replace devices that had it at no cost. The article was published on July 12, 2011. I asked him to provide an actual Samsung statement or document (not a third party reference) that stated the above. He hasn't. That's what generated the message you reference.
    08-17-2012 11:17 AM
    This is why it blew my mind when they announced the Galaxy Nexus with such lack luster specs. The camera was nothing to write home about, the gpu and cpu was lacking. I mean on ICS the phone never ran smooth, and I mean NEVER. It hiccuped and stuttered all the time.

There was also better camera lens available during development of that phone as well. How do you explain those short comings if its suppose the Google's "ideal" phone.
    It's not an ideal phone. It's a reference device. There's a difference.

Keep in mind, the Nexus S shipped with a worse camera than the Galaxy S phones had, with laughable video recording by comparison. IIRC it has no SD Card Slot (correct me if I'm wrong). Aside from NFC, it was worse in almost every way compared to the Galaxy S. The Galaxy Nexus is no different. Aside from Screen Resolution/Size, even an AT&T GS2 is better than that device.
    08-17-2012 11:24 AM
    Kevin O'Quinn cited screen burn in as a Galaxy S3 flaw. He provided a site that claimed Samsung acknowledged their responsibility for screen burn in and would replace devices that had it at no cost. The article was published on July 12, 2011. I asked him to provide an actual Samsung statement or document (not a third party reference) that stated the above. He hasn't. That's what generated the message you reference.
    The owner's manual (which is quoted in the article I linked) is a Samsung document. If yours is from Verizon (and remember, this is the general SGSIII section, not Verizon specific) it could have been edited by Verizon. Not saying that for sure, but it's possible. I mean they did lock your bootloader, right?

The article was also written July 11, 2012, not July 11, 2011. If you're going to reply, at least make sure it's accurate. I wouldn't want you spreading misinformation.
    08-17-2012 11:39 AM
    You know one thing that this post DOES show us?...

We can all have an adult discussion with out jumping down each others throats. This is one of the reasons its still alive. Different people from all over disagreeing....BUT we are not willing to kill each other! I do like that. Now if all of our threads could be like this....Or hell just in real life! Life would be sweet!

Either way I am for one enjoying the thread for what its worth personally. So I do want to give a shout out to the forums mods seeing that also. Even if we may disagree on things.

Thank you everyone for being calm about that.
    Kevin OQuinn and kkapoorr like this.
    08-17-2012 11:41 AM
    By that logic if you do have issues you shouldn't do anything about it. Since a larger sampling size had no issues.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    I have to agree with Kevin on this.. when people go car shopping, they don't instantly buy the first one they test drive do they? MOST people shop around and get the one that fits them best. Smartphones are no different.

I happen to have BOTH the SG3 and One X with active service(1X has my main SIM in it ATM) on both and I use them both daily. I got the 1X first, had that for a few weeks, noticed it's data drop problems and slight lag in the UI problem. I ordered the SG3 and used that until HTC sent out the 4.0.4 update to the One X which fixes almost every problem it had, so I put my main SIM back in the 1X and couldn't be happier.

When the SG3 gets JB, I'll probably put my main SIM back inside that device.. it's a cat/mouse game.
    08-17-2012 11:48 AM
    The owner's manual (which is quoted in the article I linked) is a Samsung document. If yours is from Verizon (and remember, this is the general SGSIII section, not Verizon specific) it could have been edited by Verizon. Not saying that for sure, but it's possible. I mean they did lock your bootloader, right?

The article was also written July 11, 2012, not July 11, 2011. If you're going to reply, at least make sure it's accurate. I wouldn't want you spreading misinformation.
    "The article was also written July 11, 2012, not July 11, 2011." What the heck does that mean??? Misinformation much? July 11, 2012, not July 11, 2011 When you are on the fail trail you just can't turn back can you. The article that you cited as proof that Samsung will admit it's responsibility for burn in and pledged to provide free repairs was published July 12, 2011, The article stating that Samsung would not take responsibility for burn in was written on July 11 and doesn't back up anything you said.. The update at the bottom of the page had to be written on the July 12 because it references a news item published on the 12 th. Is that really what this discussion has sunk to? Where are the direct cites form Samsung that I have repeatedly asked for? You pull information out of thin air and then revert to side issues when confronted with facts. Either back up your statements or admit you are wrong.
    08-17-2012 12:00 PM
    "The article was also written July 11, 2012, not July 11, 2011." What the heck does that mean??? Misinformation much? July 11, 2012, not July 11, 2011 When you are on the fail trail you just can't turn back can you. The article that you cited as proof that Samsung will admit it's responsibility for burn in and pledged to provide free repairs was published July 12, 2011, The article stating that Samsung would not take responsibility for burn in was written on July 11 and doesn't back up anything you said.. The update at the bottom of the page had to be written on the July 12 because it references a news item published on the 12 th. Is that really what this discussion has sunk to? Where are the direct cites form Samsung that I have repeatedly asked for? You pull information out of thin air and then revert to side issues when confronted with facts. Either back up your statements or admit you are wrong.

Before anyone jumps on me for the headline, please read the update at the bottom of the article. Here's the link again.

08-17-2012 12:05 PM

We can all have an adult discussion with out jumping down each others throats. This is one of the reasons its still alive. Different people from all over disagreeing....BUT we are not willing to kill each other! I do like that. Now if all of our threads could be like this....Or hell just in real life! Life would be sweet!

Either way I am for one enjoying the thread for what its worth personally. So I do want to give a shout out to the forums mods seeing that also. Even if we may disagree on things.

I do like to use threads like this as prime examples of how we can have an adult discussion without resorting to childish behavior. These types of threads are what really makes me enjoy the forums and my role as a Super Moderator.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    08-17-2012 12:07 PM
    What is going on here lol. Seriously

I am glad I passed on HTC ware too
    08-17-2012 12:08 PM
    Click to view quoted image

Before anyone jumps on me for the headline, please read the update at the bottom of the article. Here's the link again.

Wow. This is harder than I thought. The update that you used to back up your claim that Samsung admitted burn in responsibility was written July 12, 2011. GET IT? Look at the bottom of the page it is an UPDATE. It was not included in the original article. Now, where is the actual Samsung document(s) saying they will accept responsibility for burn in?
    08-17-2012 12:15 PM
    Wow. This is harder than I thought. The update that you used to back up your claim that Samsung admitted burn in responsibility was written July 12, 2011. GET IT? Look at the bottom of the page it is an UPDATE. It was not included in the original article. Now, where is the actual Samsung document(s) saying they will accept responsibility for burn in?
    Explain to me how an article written about the S3 was written in 2011, when the phone didn't even exist.

Yes, it must be hard to admit that you're wrong and are grasping for straws.

Samsung warns its users in the S3 product manual 'Do not operate your device with a paused screen for a long time." Further the manual states flatly "We are not responsible for any problem arising from the said cause." This effectively shifts the responsibility of screen burn-in to the consumer, disregarding any manufacturing or technology problem with the new screens, allowing Samsung to avoid any warranty replacements of the screens.

Read more: Samsung denies responsibility for Galaxy S3 screen burn-in by VR-Zone.com
    That part of the article explains it perfectly, using text from the owner's manual. What could operating your device with a paused screen for a long time cause? Burn-in. This is also the line they are removing from the manual. Which means they WILL cover burn-in if/when it happens.

Honestly I thought the picture of the date by the article settled the "date" argument.
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    08-17-2012 12:24 PM
    tohio, what are you talking about? The article from vr-zone.com was written July 11th, 2012.

The update that was posted from Chosun.com was written the next day.

The only mention on 2011 on that entire page is the copyright.

I remember my first web clicks on the internets...
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    08-17-2012 12:25 PM
    Finally found That Guy.
    08-17-2012 12:26 PM
    Can you please:

(1) Post the link clearly showing that this article was written in 2011.

(2) And quote the post in which Mr. O'Quinn uses and cites this 2011 article.

Thanks
    08-17-2012 12:28 PM
    Can you please:

(1) Post the link clearly showing that this article was written in 2011.

(2) And quote the post in which Mr. O'Quinn uses and cites this 2011 article.

Thanks
    You raise a good point, the portion of the pages that says it was written in 2011 is from a third party. I'll wait until Samsung confirms the article written by a third party about issues commonly known about Amoled screens is written by a third party.

This thread needed more nonsense

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    08-17-2012 12:41 PM
    Year wrong date right. It was 2112 not 2011, July 12 not the 11 th as stated by O'Quinn. Still waiting for the Samsung documents. Still no proof from Mr. O'Quinn that Samsung ever said they would take responsibility for the burn in (Samsung doc or site, not third party info). His references all cite others rather than direct evidence form Samsung.
    08-17-2012 12:44 PM
    Only 1 place on the vr-zone.com link in question has 2011 and it's at the very bottom, the copyright line.

Chosun's link, just look at the url itself, /2012/07/12/2012071201281.html

That's the date it was written. Either I'm completely blind, or there needs to be more L2internet.
    dmmarck likes this.
    08-17-2012 12:52 PM

You should see this other thread about the GS3 vs One X before the GS3 came out officially. There was this serious troll that I was having a constant debate about, and I felt I drilled my point across and I respectfully stopped posting because by that point it was pointless.

That guy went on and on like some crazy person, well he got banned shortly after and all order was restored. Till this day I still felt like my predictions of how the GS3 was almost spot on.
    08-17-2012 01:08 PM
    back to the ext sd slot.. i dont think thats holding back progress, its only for media. in googles ideal world, all our media would be on the cloud and streamed to our phone but its the carriers that are holding that back, not samsung
    08-17-2012 01:24 PM
    woohoo i live in y scotland... my brightnes is always at or below about 10% in your face beautiful sunny places your screen is gona bbuuurrrnnn
    Yeah it sucks to live Sunny California, enjoying the beautiful babes at the beach with virtually nothing on, awesome weather year round, laid back lifestyle.

Wanna trade places?
    08-17-2012 01:31 PM
    back to the ext sd slot.. i dont think thats holding back progress, its only for media. in googles ideal world, all our media would be on the cloud and streamed to our phone but its the carriers that are holding that back, not samsung
    It also involves manufacturers building support for the file system into android, since it's not supported natively. So it adds to the time it takes to get updates.

08-17-2012 01:32 PM
    It also involves manufacturers building support for the file system into android, since it's not supported natively. So it adds to the time it takes to get updates.

fair point man i hadnt thought of that
    08-17-2012 01:35 PM
    Year wrong date right. It was 2112 not 2011, July 12 not the 11 th as stated by O'Quinn. Still waiting for the Samsung documents. Still no proof from Mr. O'Quinn that Samsung ever said they would take responsibility for the burn in (Samsung doc or site, not third party info). His references all cite others rather than direct evidence form Samsung.
    Owners manual quoted in the article is enough for me. The date is not wrong, you are.

I'll let the attorney explain why/how the copyright date can be different than the date the article is posted.

FYI the date is automatically posted by the blogging software, not the person writing the article.

08-17-2012 01:36 PM
    Yeah it sucks to live Sunny California, enjoying the beautiful babes at the beach with virtually nothing on, awesome weather year round, laid back lifestyle.

Wanna trade places?
    NO i love living in this cold grey place with rain pissing on my head and junkies walkin around like zombies
    Ricky Babalu likes this.
    08-17-2012 01:36 PM
308 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD