12-24-2012 12:59 PM
308 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Owners manual quoted in the article is enough for me. The date is not wrong, you are.

I'll let the attorney explain why/how the copyright date can be different than the date the article is posted.

FYI the date is automatically posted by the blogging software, not the person writing the article.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    Not until you pay my retainer...

Generally--and I'm a tax guy, not an IP guy--you'll copyright the entire thing, which includes any and all content contained therein. Presumably, like any other copyright, it's "in force" from the stated date (2011) until it expires (which I think is some crazy time period after the author/copyright holders death, like 60-70 years?). I don't know anything about copyright law and the nuances of the internet, however, but that date has absolutely no bearing on the date of publication of that article, nor any bearing upon any dates contained substantively therein.
    Kevin OQuinn and sniffs like this.
    08-17-2012 01:41 PM
    Just visited the HTC One X Forum. Anyone who might be considering getting the One X over the S III should read the problems those guys are having with the One X. I had seriously considered getting the One X but for once I made the right phone decision in getting the S III.
    To the OP, I am still perplexed as to why this thread garnered such heated debate. I have seen numerous posts such as yours without the controversy. You came on here to advise others to research between phone X and Y: And why you decided to choose phone Y based on (your opinion). If you had posted in the HTC One X forum I can understand members being upset, but you did not. At no time do I see any bashing, trolling, or disrespect in your original post? For what it's worth I am extremely happy with my SIII as well!!!
    Kevin OQuinn likes this.
    08-17-2012 01:57 PM
    yeah people did seem to jump on the guy and he responded in like
    08-17-2012 01:59 PM
    To the OP, I am still perplexed as to why this thread garnered such heated debate. I have seen numerous posts such as yours without the controversy. You came on here to advise others to research between phone X and Y: And why you decided to choose phone Y based on (your opinion). If you had posted in the HTC One X forum I can understand members being upset, but you did not. At no time do I see any bashing, trolling, or disrespect in your original post? For what it's worth I am extremely happy with my SIII as well!!!
    Take a look at his second post; he's the one who took offense at the mod's reply.
    Kevin OQuinn and Rev2010 like this.
    08-17-2012 02:09 PM
    To be honest, once you became an apologist for the HTC One X I haven't given much credence to your posts. Your article about multitasking in which you stated the problem was by design therefore not an issue was ridiculed by a multitude of posters in that thread. Strange that the person who defended the HTC One X's multitasking issue has so many problems with a Galaxy S3. Hmmmmmm........... BTW, did you return the phone from hell for another?
    To be honest, once you created this thread, no one gave any credence to any of your posts.
    08-17-2012 03:16 PM
    Take a look at his second post; he's the one who took offense at the mod's reply.
    Have to agree with this. In each one of his replies he responds like he's flipping the hell out. Dude needs to chill and grab a beer

Rev.
    08-17-2012 04:43 PM
    back to the ext sd slot.. i dont think thats holding back progress, its only for media. in googles ideal world, all our media would be on the cloud and streamed to our phone but its the carriers that are holding that back, not samsung
    I don't agree with this at all, but that's because media is an important aspect for a LOT of phone users today. I personally have a separate MP3 player, but lot's of people use their phone solely for:

Listening to their extensive music collection
    Watching TV show episodes and movies while on their commute
    Holding all of their precious photos

etc.

I do however use my phone to load up a bunch of 1280x720p movies that I ripped from my music collection, though I only watch them while on flights mainly. i also have all my photos on my phone. There is no way in hell at this point that 16gb would cut it for me anymore. Worked ok for my iPhone 3G but that was a long time ago and the screen's resolution was way smaller and I had way less photos.

These days I will never again buy a phone with a small amount of built in memory without an ExtSD card slot. Not to mention we have data limits on our plans so cloud streaming is futile. I don't want to pay exorbitant overage fees, no thank you! Plus, I can't cloud stream while on the subway or on an airplane.

Rev.
    08-17-2012 04:48 PM
    beers all round (im actualy on the cheap 7.5% cider thats never seen an apple in its life lol)
    08-17-2012 04:49 PM
    Owners manual quoted in the article is enough for me. The date is not wrong, you are.

I'll let the attorney explain why/how the copyright date can be different than the date the article is posted.

FYI the date is automatically posted by the blogging software, not the person writing the article.

The site you referenced is the newspaper's English language site. look at the the date on the bottom. No mention of copyright. Game set match. Now if we are done playing silly games about the date how about the Samsung cites admitting responsibility for the burn in? You say the owners manual is good enough for you. What owners manual. You haven't linked anything to a Samsung manual that proves your point. And whether you accept a third party reference to a manual or not is moot. You are trying to convince me, not yourself (otherwise why the multiple post regarding the subject)? Convincing yourself of something you already believe is circular reasoning. You can not provide a Samsung cite for what you claim, period.

Let's cut to the chase.
    You own a HTC One X. You are defending it despite numerous examples of its greater number of problems than the S III.

You claim comparing a phone side by side is enough to make a purchase and you diminish the importance of consulting a device forum before making the purchase.

You cite S III forum problems that are by and large user or app issues and claim that that represents a problem phone.

You claim a screen burn in issue with the S III when there are virtually no reports of the issue in the forum. Certainly nothing on the scale of the HTC One's multitasking, battery drain, WIFI issues, etc, etc.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...gs-thread.html

For some reason you seem to think it is wrong for me to express my opinion that I'm glad I didn't buy the One X and you don't think I was helping anyone by telling them to read the HTC One X forum before buying that phone.

Your buddy disappeared from this thread after being called out on his false claim that haptic settings not sticking was a wide spread problem with the S III. Now you can't produce proof that Samsung has agreed that they are responsible for screen burn in (those who really want the facts will not accept third party information as coming form Samsung). As alluded to by other posters, your adamant defense of the HTC One X certainly rules out any semblance of impartiality as a moderator in a Samsung Galaxy S3 forum.
    08-17-2012 04:51 PM
    back to the ext sd slot.. i dont think thats holding back progress, its only for media. in googles ideal world, all our media would be on the cloud and streamed to our phone but its the carriers that are holding that back, not samsung
    It also involves manufacturers building support for the file system into android, since it's not supported natively. So it adds to the time it takes to get updates.

Furthermore, it has been brought to my attention that this causes other issues as well. Specifically with what dev's specify is to be used for storage.

Check out THIS page for exactly what I'm trying (somewhat successfully LOL) to explain.

If the Dev specifies that internal storage be used, but an external SD is present, that will override the dev's decision. This is cause for serious concern because the way it's implemented now breaks the app encryption that Google introduced with Jelly Bean. Security is the main reason Google dropped support for the FAT file system in the first place.
    08-17-2012 04:52 PM
    I don't agree with this at all, but that's because media is an important aspect for a LOT of phone users today. I personally have a separate MP3 player, but lot's of people use their phone solely for:

Listening to their extensive music collection
    Watching TV show episodes and movies while on their commute
    Holding all of their precious photos

etc.

I do however use my phone to load up a bunch of 1280x720p movies that I ripped from my music collection, though I only watch them while on flights mainly. i also have all my photos on my phone. There is no way in hell at this point that 16gb would cut it for me anymore. Worked ok for my iPhone 3G but that was a long time ago and the screen's resolution was way smaller and I had way less photos.

These days I will never again buy a phone with a small amount of built in memory without an ExtSD card slot. Not to mention we have data limits on our plans so cloud streaming is futile. I don't want to pay exorbitant overage fees, no thank you! Plus, I can't cloud stream while on the subway or on an airplane.

Rev.
    thats exactly the point i was making mate il hapily use the cloud when i can get a good cheap reliable data service but until then i want expandable memory. not to mention the battery used streaming
    Rev2010 likes this.
    08-17-2012 04:53 PM
    Hopefully better attachment for post #159
    08-17-2012 04:59 PM
    The site you referenced is the newspaper's English language site. look at the the date on the bottom. No mention of copyright. Game set match. Now if we are done playing silly games about the date how about the Samsung cites admitting responsibility for the burn in? You say the owners manual is good enough for you. What owners manual. You haven't linked anything to a Samsung manual that proves your point. And whether you accept a third party reference to a manual or not is moot. You are trying to convince me, not yourself (otherwise why the multiple post regarding the subject)? Convincing yourself of something you already believe is circular reasoning. You can not provide a Samsung cite for what you claim, period.

Let's cut to the chase.
    You own a HTC One X. You are defending it despite numerous examples of its greater number of problems than the S III.

You claim comparing a phone side by side is enough to make a purchase and you diminish the importance of consulting a device forum before making the purchase.

You cite S III forum problems that are by and large user or app issues and claim that that represents a problem phone.

You claim a screen burn in issue with the S III when there are virtually no reports of the issue in the forum. Certainly nothing on the scale of the HTC One's multitasking, battery drain, WIFI issues, etc, etc.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...gs-thread.html

For some reason you seem to think it is wrong for me to express my opinion that I'm glad I didn't buy the One X and you don't think I was helping anyone by telling them to read the HTC One X forum before buying that phone.

Your buddy disappeared from this thread after being called out on his false claim that haptic settings not sticking was a wide spread problem with the S III. Now you can't produce proof that Samsung has agreed that they are responsible for screen burn in (those who really want the facts will not accept third party information as coming form Samsung). As alluded to by other posters, your adamant defense of the HTC One X certainly rules out any semblance of impartiality as a moderator in a Samsung Galaxy S3 forum.
    My opinion of a phone has nothing to do with my ability to moderate. And, honestly, I don't think the S3 is a bad phone at all. But I don't like when people decide that they are going to bash another phone while acting like the one they chose has nothing wrong with it. Multiple times in this thread I've admitted to the One X having bugs. You STILL haven't acknowledged any bugs, and in fact singled one out and are trying to discredit it because you want very specific evidence. As evidenced by MANY other posters in this very thread, the evidence I presented is enough to convince them that Samsung has admitted this is an issue. And they owned up and said they will take care of any issues that's caused by the inherent weakness of it's own screen technology.
    08-17-2012 05:01 PM
    Furthermore, it has been brought to my attention that this causes other issues as well. Specifically with what dev's specify is to be used for storage.

Check out THIS page for exactly what I'm trying (somewhat successfully LOL) to explain.

If the Dev specifies that internal storage be used, but an external SD is present, that will override the dev's decision. This is cause for serious concern because the way it's implemented now breaks the app encryption that Google introduced with Jelly Bean. Security is the main reason Google dropped support for the FAT file system in the first place.
    lol sorry mate i tried to make some sense of the link but its way over my head lol
    08-17-2012 05:01 PM
    thats exactly the point i was making mate il hapily use the cloud when i can get a good cheap reliable data service but until then i want expandable memory. not to mention the battery used streaming
    Ah true, forgot to even consider the extra battery drain, good point man

Rev.
    08-17-2012 05:03 PM

Your buddy disappeared from this thread after being called out on his false claim that haptic settings not sticking was a wide spread problem with the S III.
    I didn't leave. I have quite a few things that need done, several of which are more important that trolling on the Internet. And since you either can't or won't use Google, here's an example of the issue, same as I saw, and receive complaints about on a regular basis

Galaxy S3 Key-tap vibration stopped working? - What to do when the feature is enabled in the settings but the vibration does not occur? :: Ask Me Fast

If you require more, feel free to look around, or do as I did and ask Samsung. They'll tell you it's a software bug in the settings database, and will be fixed.

Carry on.
    08-17-2012 05:03 PM
    Their admission and action in paragraph one serves as a waiver of paragraph 2 and I'd highly doubt they'd be successful challenging that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    08-17-2012 05:05 PM
    so how long does their "guarantee" to replace screens last for mate? also how will they decide what screen is worthy of a replacement? itd be very annoying to send a phone away only to have it sent back coz its not bad enough lol
    08-17-2012 05:06 PM
    here's an example of the issue, same as I saw, and receive complaints about on a regular basis
    THAT is your example?? ONE post on that moeny grubbing "Askmefast" site that Google has been putting at the top because they paid for it? There aren't even any responses to the question other than one reply by "Anonymous". With all due respect - weak, uber weak.

Rev.
    08-17-2012 05:08 PM
    I didn't leave. I have quite a few things that need done, several of which are more important that trolling on the Internet. And since you either can't or won't use Google, here's an example of the issue, same as I saw, and receive complaints about on a regular basis

Galaxy S3 Key-tap vibration stopped working? - What to do when the feature is enabled in the settings but the vibration does not occur? :: Ask Me Fast

If you require more, feel free to look around, or do as I did and ask Samsung. They'll tell you it's a software bug in the settings database, and will be fixed.

Carry on.
    i honestly havent had problems with haptic yet (although PowerAmp made my phone vibrate and i thought it was the speaker doing it until it happened with headphones in and found the setting lol) since its purely software, hopefully an ota will fix it for anyone with the problem
    08-17-2012 05:13 PM
    THAT is your example?? ONE post on that moeny grubbing "Askmefast" site that Google has been putting at the top because they paid for it? There aren't even any responses to the question other than one reply by "Anonymous". With all due respect - weak, uber weak.

Rev.
    Aside from Samsung admitting it's a settings issue and will be fixed? I mean seriously, how much work do you guys expect us to do to find these things? We're not making stuff up. Trust me. Better things to do than make stuff up that we can't find support for.
    08-17-2012 05:16 PM

Carry on.
    I hope anyone who is interested visits the site you referenced. If this is your proof that the issue is wide spread then you don't know the meaning of wide spread. Can you provide a source that list a multitude of users who are having this problem. And how about something more than "I asked Samsung? Your questionable phone from hell and your role as a sycophant for the HTC One X make me doubt your word.
    08-17-2012 05:21 PM
    Aside from Samsung admitting it's a settings issue and will be fixed? I mean seriously, how much work do you guys expect us to do to find these things? We're not making stuff up. Trust me. Better things to do than make stuff up that we can't find support for.
    Nah man, I'm not really arguing about this whole thing really, I just can't help call out a lame supporting link, that site is an abomination.

That aside, i will say if this burn in thing were a real big issue these forums would be ablaze with threads on it. Since getting my S3 and jumping in here I've not yet seen a single one. So I think this argument over burn in is just downright silly.

Rev.
    08-17-2012 05:24 PM
    Nah man, I'm not really arguing about this whole thing really, I just can't help call out a lame supporting link, that site is an abomination.

That aside, i will say if this burn in thing were a real big issue these forums would be ablaze with threads on it. Since getting my S3 and jumping in here I've not yet seen a single one. So I think this argument over burn in is just downright silly.

Rev.
    Ok. The burn-in thing will take some time to show, obviously, if your use pattern would even allow it to happen. And there are probably many people that will never notice because they just "use" their phone without paying much attention.
    08-17-2012 05:30 PM
    My opinion of a phone has nothing to do with my ability to moderate. And, honestly, I don't think the S3 is a bad phone at all. But I don't like when people decide that they are going to bash another phone while acting like the one they chose has nothing wrong with it. Multiple times in this thread I've admitted to the One X having bugs. You STILL haven't acknowledged any bugs, and in fact singled one out and are trying to discredit it because you want very specific evidence. As evidenced by MANY other posters in this very thread, the evidence I presented is enough to convince them that Samsung has admitted this is an issue. And they owned up and said they will take care of any issues that's caused by the inherent weakness of it's own screen technology.
    Kevin, I am posting in a Samsung Galaxy S III forum. Anyone who is reading these posts can clearly see the issues listed on the main forum page. If this was a standalone discussion with out all of the information regarding the Galaxy S III then you still wouldn't have a point. I have repeatedly said the HTC One X has more problems than the S III. Never, I repeat, never have I said or inferred (that still makes me laugh) that the S III has no bugs or performance issues. Now if you are honest you will concede that point. If you won;t concede than show me where I stated or even inferred that the S III has no bugs. And if some posters accept your evidence of Samsung's admitting responsibility for screen burn in then I hope they are never on a jury.
    08-17-2012 05:31 PM
308 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD